82 K10 Gas Tank Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Sorry, I thought you meant the neck, not the tube. I'll be replacing the hose, probably custom cut.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
thanks, that looks do able with some hose and or pipe (wonder if even exhaust pipe would work?

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
$482 of parts ordered...Hopefully shipping Monday, broke til next Thursday. LOL

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Make your own, you'll save a ton of money.

Buy a real tubing bender. This kind:

You must be registered for see images attach

Go to a hydraulic shop and get the required amount of stainless steel tubing in the correct sizes. Make a couple of practice bends. You will be a pro in no time.

Fittings are not a consideration. If you trace the gas lines from end to end, you will find that there are no fittings - not even on the ends. They are simply cropped to length and given a slight flare. They terminate with hoses that are secured with clamps. The other ends of the hoses are connected to the sender/pump:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I think this could be a better bender. I have used many of the Imperial brand single size benders and they work really well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 78

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thanks, fellas. I would make my own, but I'm on a mega time crunch here and unfortunately won't have time. Work has me overloaded. Is there an aftermarket option?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Last edited:

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
You could make your own in way less time than it would take to order off the internet and wait for delivery.

Here you go - $25:

http://www.inlinetube.com/#!product...7-standard-1-2t-5-lug-rear-axle-lines-ctb81r1

In case I guessed the wrong application here is the entire listing for Chevy/Gmc truck brake and fuel lines:

http://www.inlinetube.com/#!1981-92-chevrolet-gmc-truck-blazer-lines/c1sx2

Thank you for the links! Ordered all the new lines in stainless.

I don't have an issue with waiting a couple days, the issue is that right this moment I don't have time to physically practice and bend the pipes.

Thank you again!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Actually, answering your question caused me to find what appears to be a great source for pre-formed lines (fuel, brake & transmission).

Gas lines are easy to bend yourself, but $25 (for both the supply and return lines!)...that is a great price. You'd spend $25 just on a decent bender, not to mention the cost of materials.

The gas lines for my 1 ton are sold in two packages ($60 for the supply line and $70 for the vent/return lines) - much higher, but still reasonable. My current fuel pump doesn't even have a return nipple so that line is not necessary. Same thing goes for my vent line - it was capped off a long time ago. So it's going to be just the fuel supply line (in stainless) for $85.

The real deals are in the brake line sets. I have ordered (but did not pull the trigger yet) a full pre-formed brake line set - 9 pieces, in stainless. Comes complete as described below:

Will my new lines come with the correct fittings, cloth wrap and spring on them?

Yes, all Inline Tubes come completely computer preformed, with the fittings on the ends, spring wrap and cloth wrap matching the original lines. All you have to do is unbolt the old and insert the new. Original tin coated steel lines feature color coated fittings and tin coated spring wrap identical to the originals. Stainless steel lines also feature popular color coated fittings and stainless steel spring wrap. Stainless fittings are available at a slight up charge. Only Inline Tube makes every fitting type in stainless; we do not substitute generic stainless fittings on any tube. All line fitting ends are capped, guaranteeing correct fitting direction, protection and clean lines inside.

Price for the entire brake system (stainless steel) - $210. I have not added the S.S. fittings yet so I don't know what they consider a "slight upcharge". But, regardless, that is a great value.

See, karma does work.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Actually, answering your question caused me to find what appears to be a great source for pre-formed lines (fuel, brake & transmission).

Gas lines are easy to bend yourself, but $25 (for both the supply and return lines!)...that is a great price. You'd spend $25 just on a decent bender, not to mention the cost of materials.

The gas lines for my 1 ton are sold in two packages ($60 for the supply line and $70 for the vent/return lines) - much higher, but still reasonable. My current fuel pump doesn't even have a return nipple so that line is not necessary. Same thing goes for my vent line - it was capped off a long time ago. So it's going to be just the fuel supply line (in stainless) for $85.

The real deals are in the brake line sets. I have ordered (but did not pull the trigger yet) a full pre-formed brake line set - 9 pieces, in stainless. Comes complete as described below:

Will my new lines come with the correct fittings, cloth wrap and spring on them?

Yes, all Inline Tubes come completely computer preformed, with the fittings on the ends, spring wrap and cloth wrap matching the original lines. All you have to do is unbolt the old and insert the new. Original tin coated steel lines feature color coated fittings and tin coated spring wrap identical to the originals. Stainless steel lines also feature popular color coated fittings and stainless steel spring wrap. Stainless fittings are available at a slight up charge. Only Inline Tube makes every fitting type in stainless; we do not substitute generic stainless fittings on any tube. All line fitting ends are capped, guaranteeing correct fitting direction, protection and clean lines inside.

Price for the entire brake system (stainless steel) - $210. I have not added the S.S. fittings yet so I don't know what they consider a "slight upcharge". But, regardless, that is a great value.

See, karma does work.

Glad to hear you benefitted, too! Forums are a great tool. I hope folks are able to use the links above to help them, too!

Have a great weekend! :cheers:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06