'79 Camaro Restomod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That little air cleaner is just on there to keep garbage out. That carb is actually just sitting on there.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That little air cleaner actually has some stories to tell. I used to run it on my first car. I had it on my 327's 2bbl with an adapter to run a 4bbl sized air cleaner. Later on, it wound up on the 350 in my future brother-in-law's '80 Monza Spyder. He had that car for about a day and he was run off the road and hit a tree while doing about 50 mph. That little air cleaner flew off in the wreck and the cleanup crew tossed it into the wasted Monza before it was towed away. I pulled it out of the Monza while it was sitting in the impound yard, and took it back home. It's bent a little bit, lol.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Been getting back into this finally. I've got the Detroit Speed clutch master bracket fitted to the firewall. The goal is to have s factory-ish appearance, so I'm going to spot weld it on from the inside, then use seam sealer around the outside.
You must be registered for see images attach

The Detroit Speed firewall bracket is good stuff. Did one on my '63 Chevy II SS. We cut out the firewall then grafted it in. Adds a ton of strength and you don't have to worry about firewall flex when slammin gears. Sorry, I don't have any close ups. Fit wasn't perfect, but pretty close.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It turns out that my Summit order is coming via the post office, every other time it's been FedEx. Needless to say, I still don't have my parts to continue working on the firewall. So, efforts turned to the subframe while I'm still in the mood to work on stuff.

Fresh from out behind the garage:

Got it about 2/3 done before I was running out of daylight and the grinder was getting hot:

Here's the spot around the steering box that needs repaired:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I also ordered an "M-pact" brand clutch from Rock Auto. I've never heard of that brand before, but it was a dual friction material and it was cheap too, so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Derick C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454/700r4
I also ordered an "M-pact" brand clutch from Rock Auto. I've never heard of that brand before, but it was a dual friction material and it was cheap too, so I figured I'd give it a whirl.
I got my clutch from silver sport transmissions, I'm going to have to change it, they said it's good to 500ftlbs but I felt it slip a little last week so I'll be looking for a better clutch for mine.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
And it's orange.

I like the Orange! I hate when people paint Chevy motors blue. Looks like a Ford to me when they're blue. Might just be me but, blue always makes me think Ford. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx