1988 IROC-Z

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I guess that's not what it was because there was a leather piping stuff on it but for reals, that '85 script is the shiznit!
I should be so lucky!
It WAS dark, but there WAS deluxe piping too but it did look kinda fadey?
Find out tomorrow on the next exciting episode of.....1988 IROC-Z!
Will Rusty score the dope '85 seats?
Will he decide to call the car "Helen"?
Did he fall in love with the young Camaro yard girl that looks like Punky Brewster?

Staaaaaaaay tuned! (port)

You must be registered for see images attach

The foam comes out THURSDAY.

Nah, that wasn't it. I saw the back seat pretty good...it was lame in comparasion.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Nice score, man! Have you dug out that spray foam yet?? I'm anxious to hear what you find underneath or behind all that crap :D

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I've got a 12 hour shift Thursday.
6p-6a and i'm gonna let my boss PAY ME to remove the foam - are you kidding ?
Shiiiiittt man.

Big news today mens (and women) - fans what follow my threads..

Hmm...we need a tune...

Hmmm....
Got it! The PERFECT jam.
Push play and it'll make sense while you read...maybe.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So I got this IROC-Z from a guy that bought it in 2015 and it turns out that he tried and wanted to finish the guy's work on the car that HE bought it from. The cat that Dr.Rico Suave paid $3500 for my baby.
See that guy had this vision for the car but it wasn't just like the P.O.s sight for the ride and well, by the time Rico got burnt out on the car, it didn't look much like nothin.
They got some firebird parts here, some Trans Am parts there and I just want the Camaro stuff. I guess that makes me a "purest" because I think it oughta be alll IROC, man.
Talkin about the seats? Sure i'd probably kill to have that 85 ONLY black/gray/and white Camaro Camaro Camaro interior...Gary Camaro said he's seen ONE in his whole life. Sure he's had and seen orange, blue, and stuff but the black? Rare.Rare!

So no. That's not what my seats look like haha. They are correct 1988 IROC deluxe interior seats what say Camaro on them. Black and gray. No pics because I forgot, they were still dripping wet but **** MAN THEY LOOK GOOOOOOOOD!
:):):)
So then I was like "hay, what about the door panels what match?"
He says "what do you got now? "
They're gray.
All gray.
I'm convinced this car was white with gray interior and both of the last two owners have put their own "spin" on it...it doesn't lool like anything but a bunch of mismatched years and colors of different makes of stuff.
Now that song makes sense! :p

So! The long story short is!

Mek-a-nik homeboy that's working on the C20 said $1100 to fix IROC's A/C.

F*ck.
It's a half finished, bad hack job at a 134 conversion.
SO!
I have a good line on Camaro parts, right? I've spent SIX HOURS there over the last two days negotiating my deal.
Ima get the A/C fixed for $260 bucks and not have to turn a wrench.
Ima get the - correct - BLACK interior parts including front and back seats PLUS fantastic looking door panels for...$240 and not have to turn a wrench.

Dr.Suave had spent a gang of money on many interior parts but not to change the color? but nicer gray? It's got to look better than it does and I HATE the uncomfortable seats BUT the A/C has priority.

Gary Camaro said he would appraise it on company letterhead for $10,500 after I got finished f*ckin with it. It needs a headliner and i'm after a factory overhead console LOL.

BIG PIMPIN!:cool:

Why don't you try and find NICE 30 year old BLACK Camaro interior parts? Easier said than done , my friends!
Why the f*ck would you put black carpet in a gray interior? Bad move!

We're NOT finished but made hella FANTASTIC progress today.

I have a correct console in a box, at my house. Not original to the car and the (SPID sticker) is gone forever but it is correct for an'88 IROC.
Gary says lots of these parts were black in ALL cars. Oh. I'm trippin on the lock thingys, the door top sills, the dash , the carpet ? Like WTF is goin on here? But lookin at it in that light, the whole frickin thing is gray.

Whatever.i'm glad to have a handful of great friends that have stuck around.:33:

I found these covers to buy...must go on LT frames? Wtf is that? LT Camaro??...almost $900 for the covers only. Not frames or pads. Save your pennies @bucket .

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
My seats look kinda like this. More black I bought. They are the CORRECT , black, "deluxe interior" option seats. You'll see.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What black interior parts do you need?

I had a bunch of extra overhead consoles, but recently sold them all. I can check inventory to be sure though.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
LoL!
Lots...all?
Easier if you say what you've got lol. Cuz **** it, the gray doesn't bother me -I like it- but if i'm going black seats, I might as well go BALLS DEEP. I think it's a good enough and enough BLACK and gray to compliment the other black parts on all cars.. I may add some more later but i'm REALLY not into it.
It'll give me somethin to do later maybe. I'll eventually figure out the other parts I need to make it "look right". I.e. : the door sills maybe armrests... I bought this car so I could play with it...lemme get the seats and door panels in. I know some Camaros had WAY cooler door panels and mine are simply "too plain" :( . I would probably JUMP at some black armrests though. We'll see.

I think when Dr.Suave said he replaced parts, he only replaced them with better looking GRAY stuff. We didn't talk about it much.

Have you ever seen a console with the flashlight in it?

https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro...-with-velour-insert-split-rear-1982-1985.html

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah, I've got a few of the flashlights for my cars.

I've got full interior panel sets in several colors. I need to keep a full set of black for myself, but I have many other black panels too. Maybe another full set or so. I can check if you can't find anything local. Shipping on the larger items gets very spendy.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I also have black carpet for the hatch area, but not for the front.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
10-4 copy that!!
Thanks Cubo!

It's got a very nice, brand new complete black carpet in it. I've got the $600 ticket for it. Rich ass Dr.Suave didn't quite finish throwin engough money at it...i'm takin advantage and having to pick up the pieces. I knew what I was gettin into!

Suave only bought the better gray stuff like suspected. I cannot explain the black carpet. He bought IT AND these crappy seats.

But it's fun! I dig the **** out of it! So far!
I don't have many things that I want or need to tweak on the C20, it's not that kind of truck.

I decided earlier today that many of the IROC "undercarriage rattles" i'm hearing are brake related. I was crawling around underneath it AGAIN the other day TRYING to find them rattles and found nothing but the panhard bar the first day, like I said.
Today I realized the rattles go away when I apply the brakes!

Ahhh so!

Figured it out!

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Copy that rear driver brake rattles.

Omfg REAR DISC third gen brakes are A BEOTCH!
Seriously hard to do!
AND I don't own one of them disc brake cube dealys either.

Oh well, at least it's not gonna drop parts behind me!
I feel much better about it now.

I realllly don't want to spend a bank AND a grip farting with black interior parts. I could not care less! The "black" seats and door panels have enough gray on them that they'll look alright I hope. With my black paint and black carpet. I guess i'll buy a black headliner? Meh.
Gray middle and black top n bottom, kinda Neapolitan...? I'll make it work.
The console looks pretty good....it's black and gray too..the seats, thd door panels
..it'll be alright.
I think the console is textured black under the gray carpet on it which will have to go?
I wish my new carpet was gray, it sure would make my life easier. Lol. But the a-pillar trim and all things above window sill level are black. Ima have to get black sunvisors. $$$ :(

Spend $1,000 + switching it all to black interior? No, Never.
I would consider buying gray carpet first lol.

See some of the gen1 SBC parts dude gave me in the background lol.

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Fun fact!
Factory positrac F-body cars did NOT come factory equipped with the collapse-able "space saver spare". It was deemed as too weak for locked axle action.

The more you know!
My 89 was a factory posi car with a factory inflatable spare tire. But it was also a 305 vs 350

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
1991 Trans Am 350 with posi came with an inflatable spare, as did the 1989 Formula 350 that was in the junkyard a while back.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've had a few posi cars that came with the inflatable spare as well. Actually, the only ones without have been an '89 IROC with 15 inch wheels, and my '92 RS (16's but no posi).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400