1988 IROC-Z

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Check out the foam when you remove it...could be drugs inside it!!!
Exactly what I was wondering... or maybe cash or a gun... or all three!
If you don't want the gun you can mail it to me, USPS marked as 'gift'.
You can keep the cash.
Drugs... I have enough thanks.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
A car like this up here would go for at least twice what you paid. Old beat 70's Camaros with more rust than metal go for around what you paid.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Exactly what I was wondering... or maybe cash or a gun... or all three!
If you don't want the gun you can mail it to me, USPS marked as 'gift'.
You can keep the cash.
Drugs... I have enough thanks.

I would not have anything to do with whatever may be inside. You never know where it has been!!!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
True, but I know where it is NOW and therein lies the trouble! :) This is my daily and a spare tire is a necessity!

I think it is still rattling, the car makes a plethora of sounds while in motion...it's damn-near unbearable!
I think the major-est one is the driver side exhaust pipe..

I need to get somebody else to drive so I can monkey around in the back seat and look at stuff that is not the road.
The check engine came back on BUT! The seller actually mailed my MT2500 (i'm stoked). Many fun times lie ahead! :headbang:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I made an appearance mod while fixing the lights and swapped out these cool clear side markers.
$15 bucks! (The front turns are clear already...)
I bought them weeks before I even had the car lol and the floor mats...whatever.
My new title arrived in the mail ALREADY! :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
https://dustrunnersauto.com/camaro-iroc-z/

The Snap-On scanner is said to arrive today..went to the car wash and tested out the t-top seals...
Not great lol...still fun though!
Glad it's got some place dry to live.

Went monkeying around UNDERNEATH the car looking for what the **** ever that is what rattles so.
Gotta be easy to determine what it is, sounds like it wants to bail out of me ride!
Panhard bar. BOTH ENDS loose as a goose! Ahh! Well, that will help..i totally forgot about the rattle in the front, I think near the driver tire.
Damn that panhard bar was making a LOT OF NOISE ...so much gooder now. Who the hell has TWO 18 mm wrenches anyway? Derrrr
100% stock? exhaust is a dream come true! <3
Leaving the carwash , worked the wipers. That steering column switch is TRASH.omg. The wipers went 1.5 times and stopped. Lol. Neat! I washed underhood lol. Water jackin with wiper power? Not a good sign haha.
The turn signal cancel is inop BUT all exterior lights now function.
The blower motor is connected somehow to the wipers? Wtf? It's in the column? Gtfo o here with that **** mannn!

Fun. My IROC has personality!
More to be revealed!

I bought some 3000k fog lights. I think yellow fog lights are cool. Driving with them full time is NOT cool however. Don't get me confused!

I aim to replace the PCV valve AND hose a.s.a.p. An actual oil change is on the very near horizon (not just the filter lol) Maybe Wednesday.
Gonna run VALVOLINE for the first time ever. I'm switching motor oils from Quaker State because it was bought by PENNZOIL and THAT is junk...I don't trust the Quaker State any.more. Valvoline has always been my second pick. I started using Quaker in 1994 when I bought my SS. I called the p.o. off the title and asked what oil they ran in it. Quaker State it was!
Now that I have the choice, it's VALVOLINE all the way baby! That's the goooood stuff! :favorites37:

Speaking of goodstuff I has 8.5mm MSD wires I re-routed today and these new BF GOODRICH COMP 2 tires are da bommbb!

Last edited:

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
On my 3rd gen the door lock rods would knock against the door structure, the dash pad would make noise, and the outer door handle was a little floppy. The window would also move slightly when in the fully lowered position.

I hear subframe connectors are a big help with a lot of noises on these cars. I didnt keep mine long enough to find out but my 4th gen has SFCs and I love em, really gave a more positive feel while cornering and reduced body flex.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
X2 on sub frame connectors. Got them on my 4th Gen too and love them. Also have SLP front strut tower brace too. That bitch corners like a champ with no body roll.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Subframe connectors, wonder bar, and tower/firewall brace. There is extensive thread on thirdgen.org on door rattles. By 89 gm eliminated all of them from factory but by now the foam/rubber that was keeping rattles away starts falling apart

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I spent a couple of HOURS screwing around at the Camaro yard today after buying Gary Camaro lunch. Even ran into Old Len from the Corvette place I used to work at while I was there..yes. also worked for a Corvette car lot for a while. Camaros, Corvettes, you know..all the cool stuff.

I bought an adjustable temperature fan switch for my duals today @ O'Reilly..230° is TOO HOT :imo: and it makes me nervous Gram. I know damn good and well it's set that high from the FACTORY so it will pass 50 state smog. ANNND I don't like THAT either... Kick the mother down to 195° and i'll feel better 'bout thangs!

After KFC I finally talked Gary Camaro into coughing up the GOOD set of BLACK third gen seats with the Camaro script! and worked out a deal to trade for my 5th gen leather seats (which I hate), a correct spare tire, and a screamin deal on most of the A/C parts I need INCLUDING the clamp for the TPI M.A.F. sensor that I needed. The seats aren't "correct" FOR 1988, neither are the wheels, but they are hella dope. There will be no mixing of Camaro generation parts in my mother ****** IROC. You will not find any black rigger nims either. 16s are for pwnn...
I think he said they are '86 seats? '87!? DE-LUXE interior bay-bee! Yeah!
Some of yous may think i'm crazy but I am hot-to-trot for the factory Camaro script seats and i'll have you know, leather seats ain't got no place in none of MY RIDES! Sure as hell won't find no TRANS AM seats in my mother f- CAMARO!

the mere thought of that makes my stomach turn...

I'll ask him what year they are again tomorrow when I do the swap. No time today, daddy has to go to work! :oops:
Pics later, they're gettin cleaned up first!

stupid leather seats...
GET.THE.F*CK.OUT!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That ish is 2 live!

Fun fact!
Factory positrac F-body cars did NOT come factory equipped with the collapse-able "space saver spare". It was deemed as too weak for locked axle action.

The more you know!

The IROC levels up again tomorrow. :D

*edit*
PLUS ! I lubed the front end with RED MYSTIK grease I bought for the K5 annd?
She liked it!
A lot.

I think her name is Helen.

Last edited:

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Fun fact!
Factory positrac cars did NOT come equipped with the collapse-able "space saver spare". It was deemed as too weak for locked axle action.

The more you know!

Soooo, there's an empty hole, let's fill it full of foam. Go it! lol

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
:boxed:

I'm saving the spray foam tackle job for a much,much, longer shift later this week.

:dancingpoop:

You're all invited!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I also recommend subframe connectors. I love mine and the car is very rigid. And you can jack the sucker up anywhere you want along the side without smashing something.

Tell me more about the tires please! I've got an 11 year old set of Comp 2's.

Are the seats the "Camaro Camaro Camaro" kind? Those are awesome! If they are black, they are from '85. Red and tan were the other colors available in '85. '83-'84 were available in blue, brown or "orange". The orange was actually called charcoal, because it was red/orange colored seats with charcoal colored panels and carpet.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude.

I dunno exactly, it was dark and it's hard to keep up with Gary. I saw it said Camaro on it and immediately started looking at the leather piping and we started talking about deluxe interior, he makes a phone call and a GIRL came and took it away.
Like that! Not the hot Punky Brewster lookin chick neither!

Then I was like "hay! Where's the back seat?!" and we started looking for it.

It's a crazy, crazy, place. I am WAY too sober to work there now haha.

Stand by, tire pic incoming.

I'm runnin them at 45 out of 51.

CAMARO CAMARO CAMARO!
EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee i'm STOKED!
******* PWNNNN.:mad:

Dude. If they look like this I will burst into flames.
Seriously, like ******* spontaneously combust and ****.

No wonder it took me so fricking long to talk him out of those deals.
In my mind, all I could see was the orange ones, that fadey black and gray and white is THE ****!

OMG im gonna ***...lol
I just wanted some that said Camaro on em.

Oh wait. Comp2s...that's what I has.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL