1 Pc Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am considering a 1 piece window conversion for my daughter's 77 K10 (separate thread on restoration). Even though I have rebuilt the vent windows and have all new hardware & seals, the windows just don't seal well. Looking online I see numerous companies now offering kits.

These guys claim to be the original company: https://www.onepieceproducts.com/1973-91-gm-trucks-1pc-door-glass-kit-/p46

But I am not sure that being the original necessarily makes them the best. Nearly all of the other big names (Brothers, LMC, CJ, etc) also offer kits. Pricing is pretty close.

Does anybody have any experience or recommendations on brand?

Thanks.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I love the looks of the 1 piece conversions however I haven't seen any that didn't require some occasional adjustment or that would jam up on the trucks. I would love to do it on my own trucks but I don't believe that they are reliable enough for daily use.

OPP claims to be the first but I can tell you I installed a kit in my friend's C10 in the early 90's that he bought out of a magazine ad and kits for VW's and others had been on the market since the early 80's I believe. The VW kits worked ok, possibly because the window was smaller and I installed multiple kits starting in '90 without any issues.

I haven't met anyone that claims their truck kit is entirely trouble free. But I wish I did as I like the look.

Last edited:

Islandlife78

Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc
Engine Size
350sbc
Hey just wondering if you went through with the conversion. If so how did it go and which supplier did you go with?

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I didn't make the conversion. Rebuilt the factory window. Still doesn't fit the best, and vent window still doesn't seal very well.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I like the one piece window look. I have talked with a few people at cars shows that have done it. They all pretty much said the same thing. It looks cool but it is a pain in the butt. You have to adjust the window tracks, all the time. You burn up your power window motors. They have a little whistle driving down the road. If you don't go to Street mirrors your Dumbo mirrors wobble a bit more due to the fact you have to remove the mirror support on the inside of the door. It kinda bummed me out because I really wanted to do that to one of my trucks.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I like the function and the looks of wing windows.
Pretty much the reason I like the 67 Camaro better than the 68.

Hurricane Bubba

Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
383 SBC
Does anyone know if the window in the one-piece kit is a standard sized window used in another vehicle? I'm thinking about the time when I need to replace one window and I don't want to purchase an entire kit for a single piece of glass. I would feel l ot better if I know that I can harvest the glass from another source.

Thanks,
Bubba

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad