Recommendations For Original/After Market Parts Companies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
I can't really tell you which place is better, but I will tell you to order from one place and not mix it up. I got a dash pad from one place and then realized I needed the trim and got that from somewhere else and a couple of stray pieces from a third place. All nice quality, but nothing works together.
I wouldn't worry too much, GM does that for everything they source from different suppliers, then throw it at a chassis and bingo: instant new vehicle.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
Each company has its good and bad choice of parts, AMD is better for metal parts, I used Dorman for all my power window convertion, not perfect but everything works fine, is inexpensive and available at any good local autopart. ;)

Attachments

• _DSC5172.jpg
    _DSC5172.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 66
  • _DSC5176.jpg
    _DSC5176.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 66

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
The Car and Truck Shop have the WRONG window rollers too......dammit, WTF!!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Can someone explain to me what the hell this roller that all these places are selling, is even for????

Look at the stem diameter, and even the stem length! NOT even close.

You must be registered for see images attach
The one on the right is used and the area where the arrows point has been compressed like a rivet to keep it in the mounting hole. The one on the left is new and the part where the arrows point will get shorter and fatter/thicker when it is compressed to hold it in the mounting hole. The one on the left is a newer design and has a hole in the middle of the shaft for a guide pin on the tool that squeezes the shaft.

When I did this on my Mopar, I did not have the tool to compress the roller shaft so I spot welded it instead.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Need to replace interior pieces door panels, dash pad, seat upholstery, ect. The consensus seems to be USA 1. Problem with USA1 is they only sell complete door panels for Silverado. The truck is a Scottsdale. In order to have the interior match would require replacing the dash bezel. Not a big deal except there is an aftermarket tranny gauge and mechanical temp sender on the left side of the cluster. Really wouldn't want to buy a new bezel then cut it up. Any input on parts from other vendors? Thanks

81 K20

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Each company has its good and bad choice of parts, AMD is better for metal parts, I used Dorman for all my power window convertion, not perfect but everything works fine, is inexpensive and available at any good local autopart. ;)
Was about to chime in and mention AMD, I work there lol. We don't do much for like window rollers and little stuff like that but sheetmetal, bumpers, glass are our big things and with squares especially we're really starting to get into grilles, emblems, horn buttons, etc. We've got a ton of stuff in development too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84