Recommendations For Original/After Market Parts Companies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Getting ready to order a boatload of parts for the restoration of my '91 Suburban. After reading about Justin's (@OldBlueDually) problems with simple things like window rollers, please give your thought on which companies provide the most accurate original/reproduction parts.

1. LMC
2. Classic Parts
3. Classic Industries
4. Eckler's
5. USA1 Industries
6. NPD (National Parts Depot)
7. Carid

ETC.

I need things like: Window Switches, Window Motor, Door Lock Switches, Door Lock Actuators, Exterior Trim, Exterior Emblems.

Obviously, pricing is important, but the quality and operability are 10X as important.
Thanks Guys & Gals

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I would think the most important information to look at is where it was manufactured. Then which company.

Sometimes the most expensive isn't the best too.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You just might try Year One. I know they have parts for cars of different makes, but one window roller for a car may fit a truck or was used on a truck. If you can get someone whose been there awhile and knows the inventory they might be able to help you find something that works, if they don't have truck parts. They do have truck parts don't they?

I'll tell you the parts places that piss me off are the one's whose inventory end with '72 trucks. I know for a fact that there a many parts on my truck that were carried over from '72. Oh, but try to get them to tell you which one's. You can forget it. Inadvertently I can't stand '72 trucks. F**k a '72 truck!!

Those SOB's think a '72 truck is some kind of priceless antique/vintage relic and if you have a '73, oh well you've got some kind of super modern thing they don't even recognize as being a old Chevy truck. F**k a '72 truck!

If someone gave me a '72 truck I take it to the wrecking yard and have the thing crushed and melted down so no one else would get it and think they had something special! I love vehicle's of all years and all makes. I've never been partial to any make or model year car or truck. I've loved cars since I was 4 yrs. old when my teen uncle took me for a drive in his old Plymouth when he was in high school. F**k a '72 and the horse they rode in on!

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
You just might try Year One. I know they have parts for cars of different makes, but one window roller for a car may fit a truck or was used on a truck. If you can get someone whose been there awhile and knows the inventory they might be able to help you find something that works, if they don't have truck parts. They do have truck parts don't they?

I'll tell you the parts places that piss me off are the one's whose inventory end with '72 trucks. I know for a fact that there a many parts on my truck that were carried over from '72. Oh, but try to get them to tell you which one's. You can forget it. Inadvertently I can't stand '72 trucks. F**k a '72 truck!!

Those SOB's think a '72 truck is some kind of priceless antique/vintage relic and if you have a '73, oh well you've got some kind of super modern thing they don't even recognize as being a old Chevy truck. F**k a '72 truck!

If someone gave me a '72 truck I take it to the wrecking yard and have the thing crushed and melted down so no one else would get it and think they had something special! I love vehicle's of all years and all makes. I've never been partial to any make or model year car or truck. I've loved cars since I was 4 yrs. old when my teen uncle took me for a drive in his old Plymouth when he was in high school. F**k a '72 and the horse they rode in on!
I personally love 1972 gm trucks

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Frankenchevy,

Yeah I know. A lot of people do. But in dealing with parts places in the past where the place did carry parts for my year truck but they didn't have a particular part I needed. But they did carry that exact same part for a '72. But when I asked them to let me have that part because I know it will fit, they gave me a hard time about the fact that it's for a '72 and would not fit a '74 because it's made for a '72. And when I argued with them about that part wasn't changed and it's on my truck, they said, no it's for a '72 and said they didn't have that part for a '74, and wouldn't sell it to me. And that happened more than once, believe me.

So that's where my animosity comes from.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A lot of parts slowly transitioned between '72, '73, and '74. But after that the parts were different and wouldn't fit from a '72 to say, a '75 or '76. But a lot of parts that were on a '72 were on a '73, and a little less in '74 but were the same part found on a '72. Oooh but try to wrench that part for a '72 from the hands of some part dealer and it's like trying to pull bears teeth.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Add CJ Pony Parts and The Car and Truck Shop to the list.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
IMO USA1 has the nicest stuff but they take forever to get anything.

FWIW.....I spoke to Randy there and he said they are moving most of their manufacturing from Taiwan to the USA, so by Spring should be in better shape stock wise.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
IMO USA1 has the nicest stuff but they take forever to get anything.

FWIW.....I spoke to Randy there and he said they are moving most of their manufacturing from Taiwan to the USA, so by Spring should be in better shape stock wise.
Agree on USA1. They are not cheap and you have to wait but it's worth it.
My k5 upholstery, door pulls, door pockets, headliner, etc came from there. Also the correct carmine red paint I
needed.
Carpet came from ACC. Also good quality.
Dashpad came from Cheyenne pickup parts.

Bruce Wingate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I can't really tell you which place is better, but I will tell you to order from one place and not mix it up. I got a dash pad from one place and then realized I needed the trim and got that from somewhere else and a couple of stray pieces from a third place. All nice quality, but nothing works together.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Agree on USA1. They are not cheap and you have to wait but it's worth it.
My k5 upholstery, door pulls, door pockets, headliner, etc came from there. Also the correct carmine red paint I
needed.
Carpet came from ACC. Also good quality.
Dashpad came from Cheyenne pickup parts.
Thanks!

ACC=Auto Custom Carpets--<https://www.accmats.com>

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Add CJ Pony Parts and The Car and Truck Shop to the list.

The Car and Truck Shop have the WRONG window rollers too......dammit, WTF!!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Can someone explain to me what the hell this roller that all these places are selling, is even for????

Look at the stem diameter, and even the stem length! NOT even close.

You must be registered for see images attach

cstew47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
My first "go to" is Amazon. From there you can get site references.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tetz73