04' Cavi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I can get to everything from up top, but I have skinny arms. The problem is usually the two lower mounting bolts. The speed nuts rust and break off, then the bolts just spin. Your options are break the shroud loose at the bottom, or do an in-car fan motor replacement. Or I guess you could cut little access holes in the lower core support, to get at the speed nuts with vice-grips.

Fugg that, I'll leave it to the pros, lol! I'll order the fan and take it to the shop. So I will be shopping around for one if ya got any links.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Not so sure I call it a ragging. He is attending school for auto mechanics correct? I call it education. Point I was making, collect more info BEFORE you start throwing **** on the wall to see what sticks. In this case, he was lucky and threw a biggo fist full of diarreha and not only did it stick, it ran down the whole wall and covered the issue.

Now if you, Retro or a few others came in said the same thing, I'd probably be on board, but I'd more expect a response of, It's very common that these fans fails in Cavis and Sunfires so check it by.... Make sense???

No it wasn't a rag, and if I'm guilty of anything, I'm guilty of considering the source if that makes any sense. :signs75:

I can agree with all that :cheers:

Fugg that, I'll leave it to the pros, lol! I'll order the fan and take it to the shop. So I will be shopping around for one if ya got any links.

I think it's about the same price through most parts stores, unless you can find it through Rock Auto or something.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ok, I rolled with the post above, item shipped today.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
So we are calling around and none of the big name auto shops will install this fan, they say that have to install theirs. What a corrupt ******** I live in. :flipthebird:

I will have my work mechanic for our trucks do it. More money for him you phukin main stream, price gouging c-suckers. :flipthebird:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
So we are calling around and none of the big name auto shops will install this fan, they say that have to install theirs. What a corrupt ******** I live in. :flipthebird:

I will have my work mechanic for our trucks do it. More money for him you phukin main stream, price gouging c-suckers. :flipthebird:

Now what did say earlier about buying your own parts and trying to find a shop to install it for ya.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
there are two reasons most shops won't install your parts, one is they do make money on the parts, wich they have to with the cost of doing business these days, the other reason and the biggest reason i do not like installing customer supplied parts is if they are wrong i have the shop tied up and my hands are tied while the customer does not answer their phone or tells me they can't get it until after work ect, just not good business sense to take that chance

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
there are two reasons most shops won't install your parts, one is they do make money on the parts, wich they have to with the cost of doing business these days, the other reason and the biggest reason i do not like installing customer supplied parts is if they are wrong i have the shop tied up and my hands are tied while the customer does not answer their phone or tells me they can't get it until after work ect, just not good business sense to take that chance

Plus the customer expects the shop to warranty there bought part that the shop didnt buy.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
[yt]B8EHnAM0ECo[/yt]