White-Lettered Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
'73 caprice is a sexy lookin car!

90Suburban

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
What do people have against them? Almost every truck i see on here has the white letters faced inwards. I personally think that they make the truck look more sharp.
Tell me your opinions.

I Like White Letter out as well.. although i had to turn my tires around on the rims recently to help even out the tread then i will turn them back around i have Goodyear MTR's 33 X 12.50 X15 and they have about 40K + on them so they are doing good sometimes it helps prolong their life..

Chevyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 Litre
I've got to clean mine up, they've bleached out onto the black wall due to the truck sitting outside for a while. Since they are wearing even I've thought about flipping them around to blackwall.

Clayton

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Everything needs to be factored in for me. I don't care for outlined letters, but I like solid one. Also depends on the vehicle and the look you are going for. Some it works for me, others not. It's all personally taste and nobody is wrong. But... if somebody bashes me for the choice I made, they will have all of their flaws pointed out to them in a not so nice way.

As far as cleaning white letters or white-walls, Westley's Bleche-White is the best stuff I have run across. Spray it on, wipe it off with an old wash mitt and soapy water, voila! Cleans both the white and black! No scrubbing or using harsh abrasive cleaners.

jr4450

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-5
Engine Size
5.7 V8 TBI
to me its between how each set looks with white vs black letters, and also what kind of look your ging for on your vehicle. i mean it looks pretty stupid to have nice black wheels and tires with white wall letter... but at the same time my chevelle would look dumb as hell with black letter tires. its all about relativity imho

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigjump73