whats it worth??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
P/n 16173828 ?

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Knowing whether it works or not would help in determining its value. Simply finding something w/o knowing it's functionality is a bit futile.

its a computer that came out from behind the dashboard of a truck in decent shape I see zero reasons why it would be in non working condition

as for the part number I will verify when I get home for you

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
p/n 16173659

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
its a computer that came out from behind the dashboard of a truck in decent shape I see zero reasons why it would be in non working condition.

*facepalm* And I bet you think a book is good based on the pretty pictures on the cover...

W/o knowing the history of the vehicle, the unit could have been the reason why it's at the junk yard in the 1st place. If I were a potential buyer, one of the 1st questions I'd ask is, "Does it work?" How are you going to prove that it does?

At this point, the unit doesn't hold any value.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
*facepalm* And I bet you think a book is good based on the pretty pictures on the cover...

W/o knowing the history of the vehicle, the unit could have been the reason why it's at the junk yard in the 1st place. If I were a potential buyer, one of the 1st questions I'd ask is, "Does it work?" How are you going to prove that it does?

At this point, the unit doesn't hold any value.

I have never herd of a computer in a vehicle stop working before

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I have never herd of a computer in a vehicle stop working before

You haven't been around vehicles for very long, have you? Although it is rare, electronic components do fail.

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Not knowing if its good or not makes this thing go from decent money to a paper weight. Do you know any history on this thing?

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I have zero history on this truck other than it ran when it was parked but that doesn't mean shift so I guess they are just worth scrap to bad I got three of them

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Did you get the harnesses with them? I'd find a way to test them or at least offer a gaurentee or warranty. Better hurry though. I see aftermarket technology getting better and better and also getting cheaper and cheaper. Just a few years ago, a stand alone controller was $1000 and add another $200 for add ons like TPS etc. Now days you can find good aftermarket with harness for $500 or so with fully adjustable on demand settings and $60-$100 for the TPS depending on which carb or throttle body you're running.

What year, make and model truck did you get them out of ? And what engine was in the trucks?

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Did you get the harnesses with them? I'd find a way to test them or at least offer a gaurentee or warranty. Better hurry though. I see aftermarket technology getting better and better and also getting cheaper and cheaper. Just a few years ago, a stand alone controller was $1000 and add another $200 for add ons like TPS etc. Now days you can find good aftermarket with harness for $500 or so with fully adjustable on demand settings and $60-$100 for the TPS depending on which carb or throttle body you're running.

What year, make and model truck did you get them out of ? And what engine was in the trucks?

The OP said the engine was a mechanical diesel. Go figure, an engine that's mechanical.

:lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The OP said the engine was a mechanical diesel. Go figure, an engine that's mechanical.

:lol:

I missed that part. That actually does make just a little bit of sense. But it would be nice to know the exact year model, and if they were from Pick Ups or Vans. What they mean by mechanical diesel, is Non Computer controlled motors. I'm wanting to guess somewhere in the 91-94 range. I foget the exact years, but it's no secret that those were the years to get for a standalone 4L80-E ECM. All the gas engines by then were computer controlled TBI motors so the ECM took care of both the enigne and the transmission with the TPS already being integrated for the operation of the TBI feedback.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yea, it's the desirable unit since it's the standalone unit from a diesel. Those were somewhere around the '93 year it seems like.

But as others have said, it's hard to give it a value without knowing whether it works or not.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'd say 50 bucks. It probably works fine, ecms rarely fail (most that get replaced are actually fine, just a mis-diagnosis) and even if it is bad, it's worth a core on a reman unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512