What of brand of engine oil and oil filter do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Who'd want to hire someone that couldn't even murder someone right and just get attempted? Damn, gonna do it, do it right for god sakes. I wouldn't hire them either. If they can't murder someone right, then what makes me think they can change oil properly. Duhh, I attempted an oil change !!!

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Once my wife had the oil changed in the van at a Jiffy Lube and I kept hearing a clank in the front end. Took the wheel off and spotted something shiny. I have a nice newish Snap On ratchet and 15mm socket. Didn't know anyone at Jiffy Lube could afford Snap On. :D

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Once my wife had the oil changed in the van at a Jiffy Lube and I kept hearing a clank in the front end. Took the wheel off and spotted something shiny. I have a nice newish Snap On ratchet and 15mm socket. Didn't know anyone at Jiffy Lube could afford Snap On. :D

Score!!!! I bet they didn't get it back either.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
85 and 87
Truck Model
K25- K25
Engine Size
350 and 350
I would never trust a quick oil change place with any of my vehicles.

An oil change is a simple thing to do and the fact that those idiots can screw it up is scary.

They will hire anyone that can walk in and fill out an application. I had a friend that knew nothing about cars and he was the manager of one!

I would hang out there some times and the incompetence i witnessed was unbelievable. I ended up giving advice to them or just doing it myself because it was too painful to watch them.

They are also notorious for ripping you off.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yep I used to be a Wally world tech.I literally quit because everyone else were total morons but thought they were geniuses.And they couldn't balance a wheel to save their life.The manager wasn't any better,he constantly told us he'd spent more time on the ******* than any of us had been alive so we couldn't argue with him.

I've heard the same thing the Walmarts in my area and refuse to take any of my vehicles there!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Walley world is screwed placed full morons anyways. I heard they hire people that have attempt of murder on there criminal record to work there.

They'll hire pretty anyone who will work for cheap...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
There was a guy telling me about working at a tire lube express for a while. He said one day some kid over torqued studs and they snapped off only leaving two. When the guy showed up to get his car they tried telling him tough **** and that he should be fine driving it home on 2 studs. They were trying to charge him full price even.

My last experience with wally world was in Roswell Nm, I took the Tahoe in to get a tire repair. I stood outside their shop in the sun for a while before this tweeker bitch shows up, she looked high on something. I simply stated "right rear tire is going low and I can see a screw in it". For some reason she insisted we go look at it and inspect it, then she started asking me all kinds of ******* questions about it like "is it in the lug or in between?". The whole time I was biting my lip trying not to shout "I dont know take the mother ****** off the car and put it in the tank!"

I got tired of this and started walking away when she said "its going to be about 20 dollars" I busted out laughing and drove off. Right across the street was a discount tire, they fixed it for free.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Speaking of tire places. It pisses me off when they use impact wrench on the lug nuts to put the wheel on and over tighten them. I was taught to torque the lug nuts by hand and not by a impact wrench.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Speaking of tire places. It pisses me off when they use impact wrench on the lug nuts to put the wheel on and over tighten them. I was taught to torque the lug nuts by hand and not by a impact wrench.

you can do it with an impact as long as you have the torque bars.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
That losses me off too which is why I rotate my tires on my own. I've idiots at these auto shops completely strip the studs and lugnuts but using an impact wrench, gettng in too big of a hurry and jamming that frigging thing on crooked. One time they even broke the frigging stud!!!! That was the last straw! I was pissed and very vocal about it...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
thats some dangerous ****. Last summer at work one of my buddies was driving a 10 wheeler dump truck pulling a backhoe on one of those big tex trailers that uses the smaller wheels and tires, like what is on a 1 ton pickup. He lost a set of dual tires going down a busy road with a backhoe on it. All because our tire guy over torqued the studs. He was going fast enough they never found one of the tires.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
My bro was driving a company suburban several rears ago to go take a land survey for them. While drivin down the road he saw a wheel and tire roll past him. He quickly realized it was off the vehicle he was driving. I knew he was alright so I just dyin laughing for some reason :lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
All these stories is why I do my own ****. Only thing I can't do is my own alignment since I don't have the alignment rack. And I watch the fuggers from outside too. They are like huh??? When I ask aren't you doing the SAI test? What's that??? That's when I tell them get my ride off your rack I'm going somewhere else. Usually then, the manager comes out and I end up with a FREE alignment but end up educating the techs. LOL At least then I am allowed in and know its done right, cuz I am right on top of them showing them how.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I always watch as well then they are less inclined to try and cheat me. The only time I take my stuff in, though, is if the job requires a tool I don't have and is too $$$ for me to buy or rent to do the job...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm suprised noone asked yet, Whats an SAI test? Its Steering Axis Inclination. You now how when you turn your wheels sharp in either direction, the wheel will lean??? That is the inclination you are wanting to measure. If you SAI is not correct, its the first sign of bent or twisted suspenion parts including upper or lower control arms. If that SAI isn't right, no sense in even going any further, unless you just want them to patch it up and make it best it can be with bent parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26