What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldbear42

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 LWB Scottsdale
Engine Size
We pulled the box off so I can repair the rear wiring for fuel and lights and so I can repair some cross braces on the box. Good to have friends that work for beer or apple juice.

Attachments

• IMG_8564.JPG
    IMG_8564.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 16

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well, already had to replace the header gaskets. I supplied the shop with them when having them installed and the exhaust re-bent with the compressible aluminum ones, but they swore that they would need the square port version because of the exhaust ports. They did use the compressible gasket (Cometic) in the square port version.

In the past I’d erred on the side of using the round port version since that fits the roundness of the primaries. I shrugged because they didn’t charge me for them, and sent me home with the ones I’d purchased.

Almost immediately had a tick. It was so sharp and high pitched that it had me fooled that it could be a plug wire leaking spark to ground. I fired it up and poked around with a test light to ground and couldn’t find anything. Then I noticed the “tick” went away when the engine was decelerating.

I put the ones on that I purchased (round hole gasket), no more problems. There was leaks in the corners of the square part of the gaskets on over half the cylinders on the header-side of the gasket- makes sense.
I’d take a picture but I forgot to before throwing them in the trash.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Well, already had to replace the header gaskets. I supplied the shop with them when having them installed and the exhaust re-bent with the compressible aluminum ones, but they swore that they would need the square port version because of the exhaust ports. They did use the compressible gasket (Cometic) in the square port version.

In the past I’d erred on the side of using the round port version since that fits the roundness of the primaries. I shrugged because they didn’t charge me for them, and sent me home with the ones I’d purchased.

Almost immediately had a tick. It was so sharp and high pitched that it had me fooled that it could be a plug wire leaking spark to ground. I fired it up and poked around with a test light to ground and couldn’t find anything. Then I noticed the “tick” went away when the engine was decelerating.

I put the ones on that I purchased (round hole gasket), no more problems. There was leaks in the corners of the square part of the gaskets on over half the cylinders on the header-side of the gasket- makes sense.
I’d take a picture but I forgot to before throwing them in the trash.
Throw the Cometic ones in the trash and try some Remflex ones next time you get a leak. It will be the last time you ever use another brand of header gaskets. They seal up EVERY time and seem to stay that way forever after. I just put a set on my 2011 Suburban while installing a new exhaust with long tube headers. It had an exhaust leak on the back of the manifold because the rear bolt had broken(super common on the LS engines). It's in an almost impossible location to get to in order to extract the broken bolt, and I'm putting a new engine in it soon anyways, so I just put on the Remflex gaskets and torqued to spec. No leaks at all, even with the broken bolt. Combination of the thicker flange on the header and the Remflex gaskets sealed it up tight.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

CountKrunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Count
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Custom Deluxe 3+3
Engine Size
v8 350
No pic but i did a temp fix on the leaky ac/heat hoses. Leaky as in there was a gap between the hose and its bulkhead, allowing water into the cabin whenever it rained.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Been doin inner and outer rockers on the Dually. About 80% there. Trying to get as much rust repair as I can done before I leave for military service in the spring.

You must be registered for see images attach
lotsa respect for you guys that can weld

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod