What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Started sanding today in my poor man's paint booth, hoping to get it in paint by the end of the week before the temps drop. First time ever painting a vehicle so wish me some luck folks!
You must be registered for see images attach
Good luck man! I’m right with ya there but with a smaller project- trying to get a hood filled, sanded, primed and painted before the warm afternoons run out.

Last edited:

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
Just added/changed the stuff with Chevy bowtie over to all match with GMC logo. Put in new bench console. Installed Nitto Drag Radials in the rear..
New weatherstripping for the doors is on the way. Little by little but it's getting there.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Also got my new fuel pump, fuel hoses/lines and all tools finally for the dually's fuel redo. Thanks to @Craig 85. Pulled through big, thanks again. Although i did see that the ports are aiming toward the back of the truck instead of the front. . . shouldn't be an issue though. That's on the agenda for tomorrow. See how far i can get. Also, i may be crazy but i think LMC is selling 1 wire fuel tank selector valves now for like $45 bucks. Thought it was the updated 6 wire was the only one you could get your hands on. Now LMC casually sells them. huh.

One last thing I'll add. The OEM GM fuel hose is no longer available. I used this hose from ZIP Corvette (CZ-804) with a small metal section added in the middle to make the curves over the frame.

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
That's kinda wild to hear. Me and my buddies constantly talk about how good I40 is compared to I20 when going from GA out to AZ. I20 through Mississippi and Loosiana will knock teeth out. I40 was like glass from Memphis to Flagstaff when I went to Dino's last year.
yeah, I think most, if not all of the really bad potholes were west of Flagstaff. They happened this past winter in early 2023.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
yeah, I think most, if not all of the really bad potholes were west of Flagstaff. They happened this past winter in early 2023.
Ahh that makes sense. Even going to the Canyon, we didn't quite hit the area you were talking about. I'll have to keep that in mind for this year's trip

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
T
Yeah worst part is from Flagstaff to the California boarder! I drove it earlier in the year.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I had the truck all washed and waxed and was looking forward for a quick cruise over to my son's baseball game. I hopped in all excited to drive her around looking so fresh and so clean, put her in gear adjusted the mirror and watched it come off the glass in my hand...so I know what I will be 'doing to my square lately' next.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I had the truck all washed and waxed and was looking forward for a quick cruise over to my son's baseball game. I hopped in all excited to drive her around looking so fresh and so clean, put her in gear adjusted the mirror and watched it come off the glass in my hand...so I know what I will be 'doing to my square lately' next.
Looking back I was super angry for about a solid 30 seconds as I came to grips that it actually happened. Now I'm laughing at myself, ha! Minor problem. It was like a Clark Griswold kind of moment.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I am getting the interior buttoned up on the '82. It's a hodge-podge of used and leftover parts. I haven't spent much money on it but I certainly have a lot of time invested. I just got a DMV letter yesterday so maybe I'll have the title for it in a couple weeks. NCDMV are real sticklers when a PO is deceased or can't be reached... I was able to get a nice windshield and door channel weatherstrips from an '80 K30 I just picked up recently. There is a very clean (internally) 3970010 350 engine under all that Southeastern NC dirt too. I may use that in the old '76 Silverado later.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I am getting the interior buttoned up on the '82. It's a hodge-podge of used and leftover parts. I haven't spent much money on it but I certainly have a lot of time invested. I just got a DMV letter yesterday so maybe I'll have the title for it in a couple weeks. NCDMV are real sticklers when a PO is deceased or can't be reached... I was able to get a nice windshield and door channel weatherstrips from an '80 K30 I just picked up recently. There is a very clean (internally) 3970010 350 engine under all that Southeastern NC dirt too. I may use that in the old '76 Silverado later.
you
@Strick
You wouldn't happen to be getting your truck ready for the C10 Fall Revival in Denton later this month would you?

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
@Strick
You wouldn't happen to be getting your truck ready for the C10 Fall Revival in Denton later this month would you?
I'd love to go but I am extremely busy during October-December. Denton is only a couple hours from me and I carried my '85 CUCV there several years back when they were hosting the Military Eq. show. Maybe I'll make it; I'd love to have my dad's old crew ready but that ain't going to happen either.

HS

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I'd love to go but I am extremely busy during October-December. Denton is only a couple hours from me and I carried my '85 CUCV there several years back when they were hosting the Military Eq. show. Maybe I'll make it; I'd love to have my dad's old crew ready but that ain't going to happen either.

HS
Harold, If you plan to go let me know!!

-Sam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78