What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I am getting the interior buttoned up on the '82. It's a hodge-podge of used and leftover parts. I haven't spent much money on it but I certainly have a lot of time invested. I just got a DMV letter yesterday so maybe I'll have the title for it in a couple weeks. NCDMV are real sticklers when a PO is deceased or can't be reached... I was able to get a nice windshield and door channel weatherstrips from an '80 K30 I just picked up recently. There is a very clean (internally) 3970010 350 engine under all that Southeastern NC dirt too. I may use that in the old '76 Silverado later.
You must be registered for see images attach
I brought my K5 in from CA. Had a tag, drove out and drove it back.
After about 6 months NCDMV sent me a letter.
They sent a Trooper out to verify the VIN.
He was happy, filled out the forms. It was during the covid mess, he said the title will be in when it gets in.
It did take a while. Several months as I recall.

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Got my stuff today. I am going to try and swap odometers without breaking anything.
Going to assemble the new vents into the new dash.
Hoping to get it all done tomorrow. Got too many chores to do...

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Got my stuff today. I am going to try and swap odometers without breaking anything.
Going to assemble the new vents into the new dash.
Hoping to get it all done tomorrow. Got too many chores to do...
Some GM odometers are anti temper. The white background for the tenth's is a white goo. If you touch it, it will end up all over the place.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Musical trucks part two. Got the cab and chassis axle from the yellow truck, thats also the cab and front clip I'm using. The Dana 60 is from the bare cab and chassis frame project I got, as well as the wheels. Then the orange truck is the frame I'm using. As well as small parts from all of them.

Got the axle, leafs, and spring hangers mocked up. Need hardware, then I'm going to clean the mounting surfaces and paint, then finish mount, and paint the back half of the frame. I've also got a box I bought a few years ago to throw on. Then on to part 3!

All of my old trucks in one place! Other than my 70 c10, and 70 c50. Too bad not all of them are complete lol.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
You’re not joking Paul. Have you driven on I40 much this year west of Williams? Pothole city.
These were on the truck when I bought it in 2019. Yeah I know. Why did it take you so long to change them? Got the most important stuff fixed: U-Joints and carrier bearing, sway bar bushings, Carb etc.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My 42 year old truck is becoming my daily driver. 2WD in a Denver winter. I drove in all sorts of cars with 2 WD when I lived in Snow country, never had a problem. Looking for better tires, and a load of wood in the bed. Anyone have 4 good rally wheels (5"x5, 15 inch) that I could put winter tires on?

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Big day for the Jimmy project. Since the truck was poorly swapped from auto to manual back in the day, I'm still cleaning up the mess. I'd recently got ahold of a GM SM465 reverse light wiring harness. Naturally the switch didn't match so i got and installed the switch; good there. Swapped crossmembers/mounts for the tranny/t-case this morning and then installed it in the truck. My brother had just finished the majority of the frame painting. He rolled Raptor on the entirety of the cab underneath (it works well) on top of his already effective frame concoction. This week he'll be doing the interior cab floor to wrap it all up. So to prep for that I had to confirm the tunnel cover was good. UNFORTUNATELY @AyWoSch Motors , the tunnel cover was somehow too short? By a good couple inches. . . . completely puzzled cuz I know it came out of a Blazer, the only difference was the 4spd hold being cut. Who knows, regardless I made it work. Ended up cutting off the portion i needed from the old one grafted it on. Still a million miles ahead with the one you got me so don't think otherwise. If this week goes good, cab floor will be painted, tunnel cover installed for good, and engine parts finally ordered (no spoilers)

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Pictures continued. . .

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Welded and filled holes in the doors and dash, lots of sanding too.

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpeg
    IMG_1392.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1394.jpeg
    IMG_1394.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1395.jpeg
    IMG_1395.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 26

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Some GM odometers are anti temper. The white background for the tenth's is a white goo. If you touch it, it will end up all over the place.
I've had mine out a time or three trying to find a speedo that works.
I'm doing my best to keep it honest.
The old ones pop out pretty easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb