What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
So I took advantage of the high 60's temp here and washed her to get ready for inspection at the DMV tomorrow. Bad news is the chineesium front bumper I bought from LMC less than 1 year ago is rusting through the chrome already, even with wax on it. Thanx LMC, NOT!
Eric

Good luck with the inspection pirate of the waters!!!!

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Good luck with the inspection pirate of the waters!!!!
So no joy at all. GRRRRRRRR! I got the 4 person full on chinese inspection. Hood up, tape measure out, mirror on wheels to look at the underneath. Meanwhile the mustang on my left would not stay running due to the low idle and aggressive cam. The bro dozer on the right had a bumper that was above my waist with tires out past all four corners. They both passed. I failed for window tint at 10% and no cat. Go figure. And they wonder why I prefer the Pirate life. lol
Eric

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
So no joy at all. GRRRRRRRR! I got the 4 person full on chinese inspection. Hood up, tape measure out, mirror on wheels to look at the underneath. Meanwhile the mustang on my left would not stay running due to the low idle and aggressive cam. The bro dozer on the right had a bumper that was above my waist with tires out past all four corners. They both passed. I failed for window tint at 10% and no cat. Go figure. And they wonder why I prefer the Pirate life. lol
Eric

fKN JAGGOFS!!!!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
getting closer with swapping out the LS engine. I did take the crank caps off the old.....it melted the center bearing.....too the point that it will not rotate with all but rear cap removed. I can bump the crank up (with it upside down on stand) but will not turn.

The oil pump failed and I didn't notice it on the gauge. I couldn't turn it by hand at all.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Well, I'm having him weld the old 2" flange onto the new 1.75 headders that were on the truck before but blew the gasket. Picked up the others to return them and get back my money.

Should be ready tomorrow or at least Friday. I'm gladbto finally be done with this and drive my truck now. Lol

The old ones were fcked and falling apart. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

1STLS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MIchael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
STOP!

2 New rotors, 2 reman calipers, new Delco brake pads, new Delco brake hoses, new Delco master cylinder, new rear shoes, drums, parking brake cables, wheel cylinders, brake hardware, adjuster kits. New wheel and axle seals. New door switches, LED dome lamp, along with new power window switches. to go with the new regulators and motors. I am sure once I get it apart I will find additional items that will be needed but my goal is to do it once and put 25-30k miles on it before I need to do anything again.

I also have a crusty, era correct Hinkey style brush guard I was going to get powder coated but think it will look fine as is installed on this with a 2-3" lift

Next up, Interior.

Couple more weeks........

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
STOP!

2 New rotors, 2 reman calipers, new Delco brake pads, new Delco brake hoses, new Delco master cylinder, new rear shoes, drums, parking brake cables, wheel cylinders, brake hardware, adjuster kits. New wheel and axle seals. New door switches, LED dome lamp, along with new power window switches. to go with the new regulators and motors. I am sure once I get it apart I will find additional items that will be needed but my goal is to do it once and put 25-30k miles on it before I need to do anything again.

I also have a crusty, era correct Hinkey style brush guard I was going to get powder coated but think it will look fine as is installed on this with a 2-3" lift

Next up, Interior.

Like the wheels, one of my favorites.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
STOP!

Next up, Interior.

Like the wheels, one of my favorites.

Me too! I used to have a set on an old Burban. I hated the through hole lug nuts though.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I went and visited the big fella the other day.
When Max brought home the '49 something had to go into storage and the squarebody was the one to be put away.
We needed to drop some of his "accumulations" off for storage and tried to start it.
No luck as it was being stubborn and jump starting it wasn't working.
It needs a new battery and possibly a new starter as well...
So we tucked it back in and closed the door again.
One of these days one of @Maxwellvis three vehicles will go in there and mine will come home.

The square makes the 3100 look tiny in comparison....

1STLS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MIchael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Me too! I used to have a set on an old Burban. I hated the through hole lug nuts though.
I was looking on Amazon, Dorman has a 7/16 in stud lug nut with a 3/4 outside nut diameter, I was going to order a set off them in to see if it makes it any easier.,

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I took the grille out to start rehabbing it. Will need to install the LMC headlight harness kit I have. Interiors stripped ready for POR-15. When I do that sound deadening is next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20