What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yesterday was just some simple stuff to make me feel better:

Pulled the dash off to fix crackly speakers. I initially though it was bad polarity but Google thought it would be loose speakers. Fix is the same either way - get to the speaker and check polarity and tightness (polarity for the win). Turned the volume way up and checked all the speakers - one front and one rear was out of polarity (and the rears are reversed - not a problem I feel the need to fix right now)

Put driver's side door seal in hoping to fix a bad wind leak - made a bad leak a lesser leak and now I have to slam the door to close it all the way. Hopefully that wears in soon. (And now I can turn the radio up loud to help drown out the noise :) )

Installed a camera rear view mirror with dash cam. Right now just the mirror is mounted. Had to heat the old button until it popped off and put a new one on. Part of the reason for this was that the visors hit the old mirror and part of it was because the view was terrible. The visors still hit the new mirrors so I forced them further on the shaft and that gave me some clearance. Electrical install is next.
One of the things I have learned doing audio/video installations and repair in the last 40 years is when you have a speaker out of phase (reversed polarity) it masks the sound from the other speaker. One speaker is pulsing outward to produce sound and the other is pulling in, which cancels most of the sound from the other speaker. Crackling speakers are 100% NOT caused by reversed polarity. Bad connections and blown speakers cause crackling sounds as well as bad radio reception.

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
sanded the fiberglass hood today. Someone in the past "slapped" a paint job on it. The sides are flaking off pretty good. The hood seemed to hold the paint well so I sanded it instead of removing the paint.

I started with the DA, but my compressor aint worth a damn, so I switched to the orbital with 120/240 grit. Will slap some primer on it and hope I didn't screw up the body lines too much. If so, we'll put whatever the new equivelent of glazing putty is on it and go from there. I could pay $350 for a new scooped metal hood, but I'm not diggin' that yet.

wlwarnke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I also recently:

Headlight reminder chime from a 94 F Body.

Rear disc brakes with Caddy Calipers, Vette MC and a PV4 combo valve.

Crossover Steering

Removed bottom leaf from my RC 4” springs and replaced with a 1/2” plate that moves my axle 1” forward.

New Drivers door power window regulator and motor.

And of course not drive it as much thanks to $4 gas.

wlwarnke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Oh, and a new turn signal switch/harness.

annettemarie

Reaction score
First Name
Annette
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Suburban V10 Silverado
Engine Size
Yes sir I was
I attempted to answer you not sure if you got it. I still struggling to navigate on here so bear with me. First im a girl LOL and the buckets were out of a 91. I have a set of brackets that were cut out of another square body for sale if your interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76