What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
My power steering pump has been leaking like a sieve so I'm going to try to rebuild it. This will be a first for me. Fingers crossed.
Be sure to check the fit of the shaft in the pump bushing. If there is any side to side or up and down movement, that is what will make the front seal leak. The bushing is pressed in the pump housing and it does not usually come with the reseal kit.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Welding up holes and repositioning my mirrior
You must be registered for see images attach

Holes filled and first round of bodywork complete. It came out pretty decent. Just some finishing touches needed before it’s “good to go”. Just need to install the mirror now and finish up the interior portion of the door. That rear door needs another round of attention too.

Old60Driver

1983 K20 Silverado
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
Pulled the passenger tank. Getting ready to change both tanks , plus the switching valve. Nothing to see yet . But had to post something! Will post pic of completed task
Did you pull the bed to do it? Think I've got a bad sender, and need to get in there. Thinking that the bed lift is the way to go?

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
Hmm, well I stand corrected. I've looked and looked, and the cheapest ones I've found had been 19.99 or more each.
Never checked out rockauto, that's pretty cheap. Thanks.
Don't forget the 5% discount code!

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Did you pull the bed to do it? Think I've got a bad sender, and need to get in there. Thinking that the bed lift is the way to go?
No I already had the bed off , as mine was destroyed by a tree before I bought it. But I would say it was easier to get to the rubber hoses and ground wire that connects to the sending unit . Mine has the plastic tank protectors , I just unbolted the whole bracket Assy, wich are a total off 8 bolts . Just lowered it all down , as I need to clean and paint the frame before I put it all back. But it can be done without the bed off

Old60Driver

1983 K20 Silverado
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
No I already had the bed off , as mine was destroyed by a tree before I bought it. But I would say it was easier to get to the rubber hoses and ground wire that connects to the sending unit . Mine has the plastic tank protectors , I just unbolted the whole bracket Assy, wich are a total off 8 bolts . Just lowered it all down , as I need to clean and paint the frame before I put it all back. But it can be done without the bed off
Ah, gotcha, thanks.

I've had the drivers side tank down once without removing the bed (thought I had a clogged sock), it was a real bear. Upon reinstalling, I realized my gauge wasn't right so I'm needing to get in there and check grounds and sending unit. For both sides. Thinking that raising the bed a bit would help with that...

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes I agree it would make a lil easier, there a tad aggravating, the whole design. However I’ve seen worse . Bad grounds will cause headaches, but you mentioned gas gauge wasn’t rite . Most likely wouldn’t work at all if no ground was present.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Got the radiator in the Frank today.
Found a set of rubber mounts and some brackets at the junkyard, so I was able to bolt it it, solidly. Got the trans cooler lines hooked up, and found a set of good radiator hoses that fit and got them hooked up.

Just need a cap and some 50/50 and I'm ready to go.
Thank you to @wanderinthru for the radiator.
Turns out a 77 sprint radiator will fit into a 85 k20.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
1.5 hours of quality time with the air chisel got my exaust off from the Y pipe back. Made dropping the gas tank easy peasy. About design, what dumb a$$ designed the hoses for this? People want to know.
Eric

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Not much picture worthy but got all the misc work done, whole truck ready for sealer. Patched missing chunk on visor. Beer can body work!
Finished sanding doors and fenders.
Got all remaining patches around the windshield done and the last round of QC for pits or low spots filler primered and sanded.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Dug the replacement cab for my 78 out of storage, pulled the doors and seat off to lighten it up. I made a dolly for it and moved it in to my shop so I can work on it this winter. Dam mice chewed up the seat while in storage, wasn’t planning to use it on this truck, but it was still in pretty good shape, and figured I might use it on something else.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Dug the replacement cab for my 78 out of storage, pulled the doors and seat off to lighten it up. I made a dolly for it and moved it in to my shop so I can work on it this winter. Dam mice chewed up the seat while in storage, wasn’t planning to use it on this truck, but it was still in pretty good shape, and figured I might use it on something else.

Shamrock Green Metallic?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave