What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
So first I lost the camera, then I can not find the sd card, then my puter crashed, then my new set up will not read the sd card. what a PITA!
Anyway I finally got its $hit together. Here is the pic of the new grille I installed in March. Will take pics of my progress at the body shop this Thurs.
Eric
You must be registered for see images attach
that grill is bad ass!!!!!!!!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So while I wait (again) for more missing internal parts for this transfer case (and the tools it takes to put them in - got 2 new Wilde lock ring pliers), I installed the seals on the housings and soaked/cleaned all the gears in carb cleaner. There was chards of black silicone throughout the case, in the gears, etc. so all needed to come apart anyways. While they soaked, decided to see if I could pretty up my case badge. Utterly pointless and no one will ever see it but I still get some satisfaction in doing it...while I wait on everything else. lol

The before and after.

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
Replaced front grille pieces and replaced gauge cluster hardware with new screws. Tossed the old rusties. Interior carpet/sound deadener and insulation on order. Still trying to decide on either a seat replacement or recover the existing bench..

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Took the lower column cover off and attempted a jury rig on the broken shift bowl piece where the gear indicator wire clamps on.

PO had gorilla taped it over the broken part - I did not do as well when I tried.

So, I cut a piece out of a coffee cup lid, taped that in place, slid the clip on. poked a hole where the screw goes, and put the screw in.

Will it hold ?

Dunno.

Worth the experiment.

:jester:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So while I wait (again) for more missing internal parts for this transfer case (and the tools it takes to put them in - got 2 new Wilde lock ring pliers), I installed the seals on the housings and soaked/cleaned all the gears in carb cleaner. There was chards of black silicone throughout the case, in the gears, etc. so all needed to come apart anyways. While they soaked, decided to see if I could pretty up my case badge. Utterly pointless and no one will ever see it but I still get some satisfaction in doing it...while I wait on everything else. lol

The before and after.

Dang! How the hell did you accomplish such fine results?

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305

The before and after.
That looks great! I tend to do the same thing. My 208 transfer case was stuck together with a shitload of black schmoo, as well.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dang! How the hell did you accomplish such fine results?
I used to restore old VIN tags and make repops of just about every decal or emblem NLA on old 4N cars. Not much difference on these....but was pretty happy with how it came out. :hat:

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size

The before and after.

The #2's are definitely different, and the #1 jumped back up in line with the #25.

Very nice Chris! Looks great!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks. There are at least 4 variations of these tags I've found (font, spacing, etc). The spacing of the NEW PROCESS at the top is slightly off only because I made the template from a different variation. My first attempt I left the letters slightly cockeyed - my guess is they were hand stamped - but had other issues with the red fields so started over. I used the original tag for a blank but would be really easy to remake even the aluminum tag itself. Just too much $$ for a 1 time thing. What really makes the difference when you repop them is that they are perfectly symmetrical as most older tags and such were silk screened with blurred edging and such (when you blow them up).

There is a place in TX that claims to have bought up most of New Process' old inventory when they closed about 10yrs ago. I went there first to see if there were 'new' blanks available - there weren't. Lady I spoke with said they were a pig in a poke as to what style tags they used.

Like I said...no one will ever see it - I'm just entertaining myself while I kill time waiting for missing parts. lol

Last edited:

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Pictures as promised. Bought a gallon of corvette red to get started. Will finish the frame and driveshafts, lol this weekend if rain holds off.
Eric

Attachments

• DSCN0742.JPG
    DSCN0742.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN0741.JPG
    DSCN0741.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN0743.JPG
    DSCN0743.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0744.JPG
    DSCN0744.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 59

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

got replacement cab on its back to clean , fill shifter openings , and undercoat.
waiting on a welder to fill holes. trying to beat mother nature to the cold weather because as you can see in the pic this will not go in my garage on its back too tall. If i can get welding and undercoating done I will set it on frame. and all will be toasty in the garage.

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Not as extensive as some of you guys recently lol
Got some goodies in from ORD and some other parts. Yesterday came the zero rate blocks to help the saggy rear of the Burb, conversion lug nuts so I can finally use my center caps, new drag link, and pitman arm. Sad thing is the truck is still in the tranny shop for warranty work. Oh well at least I can cut the center caps up to make room for the locking hubs.

Attachments

• IMG_20211113_110043.jpg
    IMG_20211113_110043.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20211113_110038.jpg
    IMG_20211113_110038.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 59

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
I was putting the 3rd seat in my suburban and went to roll the tailgate window up and no go. I’ve had an issue with the latch safety switch a time or two. So I took the panel off and just bypassed the switch. I know enough to not roll the window up with the tailgate open so I’m all set. Works fine now.

Ben

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
i have had those 2 forward 1 back days more than i want to admit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dave84