What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
That thing looks solid! I like the tool setup too!
Thanks! Tool storage is a work in progress. There is a large wooden drawer with mechanic tools in it so it's hefty. Under the shelf is my saw stands and saw horses. On the shelf go the hand tools and power tools. Look good when I have the table saw and miter saw in there but makes me look like a DeWalt dealer lol.

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Howdy everyone! Long time no see. Been very busy with work, life. Between extreme hours and buying a house, things become quite hectic and i can't work on squares as much :(

SO anyway i was able to spend some coin and recruit my brother for some Jimmy sandblasting. Had to buy a compressor and some media. Borrowed the blasting pot off a buddy. Was able to get 3/4 the way done today. Don't know what i'd do without the man the myth

You must be registered for see images attach
that looks like a bunch of very hard, very hot and sweaty work. when i get to the body work on the basket case i'm going to pressure wash it and then clear it

mike

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
So first I lost the camera, then I can not find the sd card, then my puter crashed, then my new set up will not read the sd card. what a PITA!
Anyway I finally got its $hit together. Here is the pic of the new grille I installed in March. Will take pics of my progress at the body shop this Thurs.
Eric

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Got my donor/replacement cab on the dolly on its back, cleaning the bottom to fill the gearshift openings undercoat it, got to replace a couple capture nuts for the seat bolts.
Question, how difficult is it to remove the master cyl. and brake booster, that makes the cab to tall to fit in the garage......and it is november..it was 64 here today but that wont last

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
So first I lost the camera, then I can not find the sd card, then my puter crashed, then my new set up will not read the sd card. what a PITA!
Anyway I finally got its $hit together. Here is the pic of the new grille I installed in March. Will take pics of my progress at the body shop this Thurs.
Eric
Clean looking. Need to do the same to mine, its amazing how updated it looks!

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Thanx!
The grill is a repro from lmc. It took some finesse to get it to fit right, but patience was the key.
Eric

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Took the burb out today for a little trip to get a spare tire I found on CL..ended up on the side of the road fixing the fuel sending unit plug connecting to the injectors..wiggled itself loose somehow. Maybe a 33 yr old straight axle truck needing shocks might be the issue ROFL.. After 30miles down the road my recently rebuilt tranny decided to go crazy on me. May need some adjustment on the TV cable, not touching though so I don't void warranty on the 700r4.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Got my donor/replacement cab on the dolly on its back, cleaning the bottom to fill the gearshift openings undercoat it, got to replace a couple capture nuts for the seat bolts.
Question, how difficult is it to remove the master cyl. and brake booster, that makes the cab to tall to fit in the garage......and it is november..it was 64 here today but that wont last

The 6 nuts that hold the booster on can be fun, especially if the factory black anti rust goop is still there. I am sure you can get them with a box wrench, but glad I did not have to!

And, cant find the picture- Craftsman hollow ratchet and socket set.

Oh, wait - I did !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-173355_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-173355_Gallery.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
i may just try removing the master cyl. and see if that gives me clearance.....i wish i woulda thought about height earlier

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
no pics,,,,i am in cell phone purgatory, 2 different phones and service is still not "connecting".

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Before...
Bald AF tires that came on the wheels we wanted.
They were considered "junk" by the seller and we used them all the way up.

After with white letters out of course!

@Maxwellvis has verified they bark when you grab 2nd hard as well as they are super smooth at 80mph on the freeway.

Did you do some burnouts on the bald ones before replacing them? I would have. Lol :burnout:

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Did you do some burnouts on the bald ones before replacing them? I would have. Lol :burnout:
Oh yes.
That is how they got to be so bald.
Max would run the big block wide open through first gear and just smoke them.

I must say, I did that a little with the new ones on Saturday.
But it would spin for a second and then hook right up with a loud barrrrk!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
cherry bombs installed......hated them after 100 yds out on the street. new thrush will be installed this week and go from there. If these are too loud, I'm going quiet :)

other than that, everything that can't be done quickly is on hold until after deer season.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
cherry bombs installed......hated them after 100 yds out on the street. new thrush will be installed this week and go from there. If these are too loud, I'm going quiet :)

other than that, everything that can't be done quickly is on hold until after deer season.

Yeah, cherry bombs suck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD