What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Made the appointment to get a new set of tires for the truck...
Thursday they will get installed and we shall be golden for going everywhere again.
They are a bit more than I wanted to spend, but they will last very easily for the next 10 years I have the truck. They are going to be the load range E tires that are 10 ply, the 6 ply tires are only $8 less per tire.
You must be registered for see images attach

They will be plenty of tire for the truck as it will rarely be off road and mostly paved road driven as far as I can see into the future for it.

I do like the little teeth that are molded into the edges...
Good choice for Tires.. “White Letters Out” :)

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
huntin' season nothing that can't be done in less than a hour. I did put the long cherry bombs on it last friday. I was disgusted with them within 1 mile. The quieter ones I had on the camaro I'm guessing were Thrushers. I've decided to go quiet.....cherry's be gone in a week.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So this week on the wheel of misfortune, is rebuilding the transfer case. Very little help out there - many videos, all have much good and some bad. I took the combo of them all along with the 70+ pics I took disassembling it. I suspected it had been open before, and now know that it was. New chain - looked unused. Loads of gasket silicone shards throughout the whole case. Magnet was full of silt and a couple dozen bearing needles from one of the thrust bearings that came apart.

Gutted, cleaned / soaked everything (bead blasted and painted the housings). New bearings are in - new seals soon to come. Upon disassembly / inventory, found the 3 keys and 2 springs are missing (as in, were not there when I opened it up). Bearings were rough and full of pieces of silicone. Speed gear was cracked in half. Thing was ready to be redeemed.

Got the new keys and snap rings on the way. Also made a new-refurb'd tag. :hat:

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Pulled 6 & 8 out tonight- had a miss. 8 looked like it was fouled when I pulled it, but setting it down must have knocked it loose. Looked like white ash.

Put a good used one in, and put 6 back in after a light cleanup.

Supposed to rain tomorrow, and I don't want to sit in bumper to bumper traffic feeling a miss and being pissed that I could have puttered with it and did not.

Now if it misses tomorrow I can just be pissed.

:rofl:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Pulled 6 & 8 out tonight- had a miss. 8 looked like it was fouled when I pulled it, but setting it down must have knocked it loose. Looked like white ash.

Put a good used one in, and put 6 back in after a light cleanup.

Supposed to rain tomorrow, and I don't want to sit in bumper to bumper traffic feeling a miss and being pissed that I could have puttered with it and did not.

Now if it misses tomorrow I can just be pissed.

:rofl:
And, I was sadly prophetic, but 12 hours off ...

Attachments

• 20211103_065941.jpg
    20211103_065941.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 64

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Made the appointment to get a new set of tires for the truck...
Thursday they will get installed and we shall be golden for going everywhere again.
They are a bit more than I wanted to spend, but they will last very easily for the next 10 years I have the truck. They are going to be the load range E tires that are 10 ply, the 6 ply tires are only $8 less per tire.

They will be plenty of tire for the truck as it will rarely be off road and mostly paved road driven as far as I can see into the future for it.

I do like the little teeth that are molded into the edges...
The tread of the AT3 looks different but the blocks look unchanged. Revision on the tire? The side blocks being staggered has been around for a few years now.
This tire looks like its meant to provide better winter traction more than over all "AT" but still obviously for that role too. Also looks brighter so maybe more silicia in the compound if they are doing it like how snow tires usually look(or star fires for some reason) but the dye can be anything its more a trend thing

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
huntin' season nothing that can't be done in less than a hour. I did put the long cherry bombs on it last friday. I was disgusted with them within 1 mile. The quieter ones I had on the camaro I'm guessing were Thrushers. I've decided to go quiet.....cherry's be gone in a week.

I'm with ya on this. I always hated the cherry bombs. Too loud and Poppy fir me. Guy here at work has them on his truck and its horrible to listen to. Glass packs are more my taste if I want a loud exhaust.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
My Past week has consisted of towing various heavy trailer loads of stuff with that junky 700r4 in my suburban!

Joke, it's still working, and still very much alive.

It will be towing the 1 ton s10 next weekend to the national forest for trail riding!

Attachments

• 20211103_114004.jpg
    20211103_114004.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 62

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
Picked up 2000 pounds of hay while towing a two horse trailer.

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Replaced rear axle seals, changed rear diff fluid, cleaned up rear axle from grease it was spewing from the seals. Welded my front passenger bucket to stay in an upright position lol. Added foam to the front seats. New headlights and 37" maxxis razrs were installed. Busy, busy week.

fink39581

Reaction score
First Name
Arnell
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ive gotta bring her back to life !!!! I gotta nasty crack in the frame I've gotta fix. Put the motor in it about a year ago, and just finally getting around to it ... Just trying to do atleast 1 thing a day to her .

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
I got both items from Off Road design! Make sure all the cracks are stop drilled before welding it up. And the Brake proportion valve sits behind that brace in the second picture So it will have to be installed and plumbed before you add that brace.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69