What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Well, it now works - kind of.

Not the old switch after all, and the shifter is sloppy so the light can be problematic.

Where are the smilies now ?

Got my phone ones ...

Anyhoo, new switch came in , so I put it on - no love.

Fiddled with the order of the ball and spring- ball has to go in 1st.

Plugged the switch in - light comes on with switch out of the transfer case. Kewl - the circuit still works as it did 4 years or so ago when I first tried fixing this.

Screw it- putting the OLD switch back in. Tired of sweating.

That's the pic above.

You can hear the light come on when it goes rando, and usually you can jiggle the shifter to get it to go off.

Anyhoo, that's the rest of the story.

;)

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Got everything back on. Pump, fan and shroud.

You must be registered for see images attach

Used pipe insulation to fill in the gap up top. Lol

Used this on the little hole I poked in the radiator.

Ran it in the driveway until it got to about 205. Then took it for a spin around the block. As driving it started to go back down to 200 or a little less. The puddy seems to hold so far. The insulation held up too at 200+ temp. We'll see how long but. Off to a good start.

This is after I turned it off at about 210* then jumps up after a bit which is expected but dam.
Were those gauges in when you bought it? Id like to see them.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
The temp gage is aftermarket put in clock spot.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
When I fired it up at first the fan was barely rubbing but, now it's not. Lol

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Went to check on mine today. All parts are there but waiting on the xfer case and tranny. Ho hum. The owner also lost 3 mechanics. One he caught with drugs and the other 2 complained about no a/c in the shop and left!
Poor babies.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
So i'm doing some things to my truck, part of the list is changing the rear diff fluid. Now i unbolted it but i can't pull it out due to the rear sway bar! (2wd) Do i have to loosen this to pull the cover out or is there a special way to fish it out around all the brake lines? Thanks

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
replaced washer fluid jug early may. Now the replacement is leaking (Dorman). I swear i'm gonna get a damn tide or milk jug and stick that **** in there. Better yet, rig something up to hook up to the jug the washer fluid comes in. Damn already.....my repaired '86 jug lasted longer than this crap.

[edit] hmm....convert a charcoal canister to a washer fluid reservoir....maybe. At least it will appear original lol.
I have nice cylindrical ones, like 5 of them or so. Just need to glue in a bottom and tap the top with tube that runs down. For filling… hmm… could cut a hole real nicely , tap it, and put the piece you cut out through s die.. could make it the purge valve that sits in top many of them. And if you run the tube down that, you only have one change to the top. Then make the other lines Run no where and be plugged lol.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I mixed some thinner and rusty metal primer to prime this damn wolf cutout and a small peasant cut out. MADE GOD KNOWS TOO MUCH. SO naturally I painted the two rusty wheels on the square with minimal effort (both passenger side), the bumper, and part of my f150 gas tank, and then the door to my shed. I was gonna put some door paint on it anyway… headstart to keep the rust from spreading. Yeah. That was the plan the whole time.
Also, I am going to mix some implement gloss black from krylon with hardener for the wolf and the peasant, I will make enough to do my bumper and the two wheels. I did no prep but the mossy rust will at least be one texture and color. The bumper will prob look nice. Not that it needed to, but I wasn’t about to waste rust stopping primer. I’m not insane.

Attachments

• EDF7666E-482E-4619-993D-89E80B5A93C5.jpeg
    EDF7666E-482E-4619-993D-89E80B5A93C5.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 3F54A3FA-4D10-43DF-A5E7-59567E4E0AEC.jpeg
    3F54A3FA-4D10-43DF-A5E7-59567E4E0AEC.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 77

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Green79Scottsdale Seems to me, on your post, you were just looking at stainless hoses. Then you complained about the cost?? I would never tell you or any quality mechanic how to fix their truck. Forget me, by all means put the shinny made in China brake hoses on.

This conversation is over. Nothing either of us says from here on out is going to do any good. I have already deleted my response back. Let's just agree to shake hands and raise a beer together, and move along.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
This conversation is over. Nothing either of us says from here on out is going to do any good. I have already deleted my response back. Let's just agree to shake hands and raise a beer together, and move along.
This is not good, drama brings the ratings and viewership. Be immature, raaaaB JUST KIDDING. Good idea to be adults but be careful not resolving conflict for the sake of peace. Remember there can always be a civil return of discourse.

had a roller so need a brush for the fine bits but did this in about 2 minutes. Ngl fresh paint on a bumper can co a lot.. damn.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
This is not good, drama brings the ratings and viewership. Be immature, raaaaB JUST KIDDING. Good idea to be adults but be careful not resolving conflict for the sake of peace. Remember there can always be a civil return of discourse.

had a roller so need a brush for the fine bits but did this in about 2 minutes. Ngl fresh paint on a bumper can co a lot.. damn.

You should try putting it on the rest of the truck.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Well, managed to go backwards trying to remove some of the slop in the transfer case shifter.

See the vertical cotter pin ? The washers are not there, nor on the horizontal one. I added them last night to the vertical one. Took some of the play out, but then the light wanted to stay on. Tried adjusting that, and it quit working. Fock.

BTW - the tranny pan stays hot long after the exhaust has cooled to a reasonable temp. I have a blister ...

:baby:

I think the spacer between the shifter and the shifter bolt ( bottom LH side ) is missing, too, allowing the shifter to wiggle back and forth.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You should try putting it on the rest of the truck.
The primer or the paint specifically?
As far as the bed goes, I wouldn’t necessarily feel it wise to spend time doing anything to the bed, because it’s junk , but I definitely would like to have a color match if I put a different bed on at some point which will result in probably a single solid color or maybe I put effort into maintaining the dual tone but definitely not that much so rolled on. The front fenders I would prob just do rust reformer on the bad lower spots since they aren’t massive but could benefit from stronger conversion probably.
I definitely see a krylon gloss black and hardener going on my trailer since it’s starting to get a little dull itself and has plenty of blemishes that could benefit lol. Definitely digging the John deere Yellow for the frame parts.
If they made a farm and implement gallon of hot pink I hate to make y’all gag but there would be some hot pink 14 bolt ff flying down the road as a trailer and I would be making every effort to make it stand out.

but I don’t want to find a paint anywhere other than farm and fleet in krylons isle so you are all saved.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I was just thinking whatever would hide the most sins.

I do like the idea of the hot pink 14 bolt though. It would certainly be a good safety feature.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack541