What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
With our weekend cruise-in starting this Friday, I took the week off to start the cleaning process and in between try to get some more work done on my backyard project.

I was going to spend the day under the hood polishing and touching up anything painted. Tuesday, for polishing & waxing exterior. Wednesday, cleaning the interior. Thursday would be used to recoup and rest.

Was going to get started around 7:30 and my plans went to crap...literally. The the next 30ish minutes, I had 4 rds of explosive spraying from the rear lower exit and 5 from the top upper. Went back to bed and stayed til 12:30. Couldn’t make it to my bathroom so I was forced to use Tina’s. Another 2 rds of lower. I hope I’m able to clean hers before she gets home.

A few minutes ago I suddenly had to get up again, but made it to mine, before 3 more rds came up thru the top again.

There’s a nasty stomach virus going around here. If there’s something to catch...I usually do. Only good thing about this is it’s not the day before or the starting day. Hopefully this will be over tomorrow & I can get started. If not...it’ll have to be run what ya brung.

So, I didn’t get anything done on my square today.:puke:
Young man, you take care of yourself. I bet your truck will be just fine as she sits

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
As mentioned above, i'm currently do my front hubs on the Jimmy, (4 wheel all wheel drive) and little things like a small ring and the dust rings need replaced. Can't find them ANYWHERE! Anybody know where i can get some more specific pieces?

You must be registered for see images attach

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Took it to the store today after work. When I started it and put it in reverse I felt it shift into gear but when I gave it gas it would not move. Put it in drive and it would move without touching the gas. Rev and gave it gas no move. Forward a bit then back to reverse. Give it some gas and pop with a spring sound. I thought **** what now. Thought back brakes are ****** up somehow. But why? Everything was right and adjusted.

It moves now. Get home pull the wheel on driver's side where I heard the pop sound. Drum was a bit tight to get off. Nothing was ****** up to my surprise. So I adjusted them again. Other side was fine.

I think the drums are 11" new. Mine measure 11.150" with my caliper.

Took it for a spin afterwards and it did fine. So stay tuned for the forever brake job and see what happens next. Lol

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Took it to the store today after work. When I started it and put it in reverse I felt it shift into gear but when I gave it gas it would not move. Put it in drive and it would move without touching the gas. Rev and gave it gas no move. Forward a bit then back to reverse. Give it some gas and pop with a spring sound. I thought **** what now. Thought back brakes are ****** up somehow. But why? Everything was right and adjusted.

It moves now. Get home pull the wheel on driver's side where I heard the pop sound. Drum was a bit tight to get off. Nothing was ****** up to my surprise. So I adjusted them again. Other side was fine.

Took it for a spin afterwards and it did fine. So stay tuned for the forever brake job and see what happens next. Lol
Son of a bitch.

The only logical thing to do would be to make sure the brakes are compatible with the engine swap. Hold brake, apply gas. Keep holding brake, apply more gas. Rears need to rotate freely while the truck remains stationary to seat the brakes properly. Repeat as needed. ;)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
As mentioned above, i'm currently do my front hubs on the Jimmy, (4 wheel all wheel drive) and little things like a small ring and the dust rings need replaced. Can't find them ANYWHERE! Anybody know where i can get some more specific pieces?

Which parts in the picture are you looking for? You have an auto-locking hub pictured there, like what was optional in the 80's. Parts for them are not available.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Hmm, @Mr Clean drives a Tundra and lives in Texas :p

Excuse me Sir....I live 4 hours (well the way I drive 3.5 hours) North of Houston....and I have not been near Houston since Jan of 20. :bleh::bleh::bleh:

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Also, started refurbishing the old leaf springs from the 1997 Suburban donor truck. Springs on the left are the original springs from the 1980. Ones on the right are the 97 60” springs.
Are you adding to the pack or replacing some of the leafs with newer ones?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
With our weekend cruise-in starting this Friday, I took the week off to start the cleaning process and in between try to get some more work done on my backyard project.

I was going to spend the day under the hood polishing and touching up anything painted. Tuesday, for polishing & waxing exterior. Wednesday, cleaning the interior. Thursday would be used to recoup and rest.

Was going to get started around 7:30 and my plans went to crap...literally. The the next 30ish minutes, I had 4 rds of explosive spraying from the rear lower exit and 5 from the top upper. Went back to bed and stayed til 12:30. Couldn’t make it to my bathroom so I was forced to use Tina’s. Another 2 rds of lower. I hope I’m able to clean hers before she gets home.

A few minutes ago I suddenly had to get up again, but made it to mine, before 3 more rds came up thru the top again.

There’s a nasty stomach virus going around here. If there’s something to catch...I usually do. Only good thing about this is it’s not the day before or the starting day. Hopefully this will be over tomorrow & I can get started. If not...it’ll have to be run what ya brung.

So, I didn’t get anything done on my square today.:puke:
Didn't you have this problem a few weeks ago? Maybe that was someone else?

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size

Are you sure that the adjusters are in their correct position and not swapped side to side?

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Are you sure that the adjusters are in their correct position and not swapped side to side?

Yeah they're in the right way. First time I tried to pit it in backwards but, found out that don't work. Lol

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Are you adding to the pack or replacing some of the leafs with newer ones?

Just cleaning 25 years of accumulated junk and paint off of them, repainting them with EZ-slide, and replacing all the teflon sliders on the ends. I also had to burn out the old rubber bushings and punch out the metal sleeves so that I can put the new ORD kevlar greasable bushings in.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker

There is a place in San Diego that use to have all kinds of hard to find parts for 4x4s. Check our Border Auto Parts...They are in Spring Valley, Ca. If they don't have the parts they can probably tell you where to get them.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Yeah they're in the right way. First time I tried to pit it in backwards but, found out that don't work. Lol

Everything looks correct...could be springs just seating themselves. It looks like from the pics you need to grease a few parts in there. I would turn them all the way in, and than readjust. I always set mine to were they barely touch the drum, you can hear it before you feel it. Those being self adjusting brakes, put it in reverse and get it up to about 5-10 mph and step on the brake hard as you can. Do that about 3-4 times you should be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1