What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Finally put the original grill back in my truck. I’m a GMC guy over bow ties but, it’s been bugging me that I had an 85-87 GMC grill I’m my 82 Chevy. I even changed the stainless trim around the grill to the 83-87 style. So I swapped that back and put the stock grill back in too. I’ve come to appreciate the uniqueness of the 81-82 nose and wanted to embrace it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Mine's in the hospital.
I'm too old to be huffing a transfer case and transmission by my lonesome, without a tranny jack.
It was okay back in 1988 but FTS now. Got a very good mechanic to handle it all.

At least I got it all pressure washed and the GMSB stickers are out there! New tailgate on the way!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Mine's in the hospital.
I'm too old to be huffing a transfer case and transmission by my lonesome, without a tranny jack.
It was okay back in 1988 but FTS now. Got a very good mechanic to handle it all.

At least I got it all pressure washed and the GMSB stickers are out there! New tailgate on the way!

at least you can rep! i have yet to see mine :(

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Mine's in the hospital.

Shouldve asked for my help.... im <2 hr from you

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The old straddle the line trick so no one who pays attention to the lines will park close to you.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Filled it up yesterday. I’ve got about 375mi on the swap now. This was mostly driving light, some warm up idling, 70-75 on the Hwy and still a couple romps. But mostly being good lol. I’ll take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's insane mileage!!!

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Smart ass, :flipthebird: :favorites13:
Alright I guess but I still stand by my yay and am glad your brakes finally work. That **** kept snowballing on you like crazy. I couldn't bring myself to like any of your other posts leading up because each one seemed to be the light at the end of the tunnel but ended up being a head banging into a brick wall.:banghead:

Remember I'm pulling for ya, were all in their together.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Wanting to beef up my rear driveshaft and get rid of some minor vibrations at highway speeds. So I went out and picked up a ford 205 t-case yoke, (ring) and a ford 1350 double cardan and had a new driveshaft made with a 1350 u-joint at the other end so I could get rid or the offset u-joint I had there before. The new driveshaft cleared up 90 percent of all the vibrations I had before.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I still had a very slight hum at highway speeds with the new driveshaft, so I went out and picked up some 2 degree steel shims, (and new center pins), to replace the 4 degree ones in there now. The 2 degree shims brought the pinion down so it's not so straight on with the new driveshaft, and its as smooth as butter down the highway now.

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I still had a very slight hum at highway speeds with the new driveshaft, so I went out and picked up some 2 degree steel shims, (and new center pins), to replace the 4 degree ones in there now. The 2 degree shims brought the pinion down so it's not so straight on with the new driveshaft, and its as smooth as butter down the highway now.
Good deal brother. ! And you have a nice view around you as well!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell