What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got her alignment done

You must be registered for see images attach

How much? I need to get mine done and was wondering what they charge.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Well, thought I had a Trans leak because I swear I saw a pink stain on the driveway when it rained and water mixed with the oil. Well, it seems to be an oil leak as it's got a drip on the flywheel cover and a drip off the starter bolt.

Guess I'll have to pull the cover and see. Also had a drip at the bottom of the oil pan. I'll get under there wipe it clean start it and get back under and see.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Well, thought I had a Trans leak because I swear I saw a pink stain on the driveway when it rained and water mixed with the oil. Well, it seems to be an oil leak as it's got a drip on the flywheel cover and a drip off the starter bolt.

Guess I'll have to pull the cover and see. Also had a drip at the bottom of the oil pan. I'll get under there wipe it clean start it and get back under and see.

that'll piss ya off! I've got a small drip on my 454 after I rebuilt it in that same area and I can't find it for the life of me! Other than I know for sure it's not the rear main seal. I suspect it's one of the corners of the pan gasket where the pan rails meet the main cap seal. Like I might not have gotten that dab of silicone in the right spot or smeared it by accident when installing the pan. I've retightened the pan bolts and crawled all over it with the engine running but it doesn't actually drip until I drive it for a duration. spray it all off and clean it, rev it up in the driveway-nothing. drive it around town-nothing. take it to the next town and back-oil tracked down the back of the pan and on the starter same as yours. I've left the converter cover off of it and cleaned the inside of the bellhousing, behind the flywheel, and back of the block as best as I can and everywhere in between to no avail. I've convinced myself that at some point i'm just going to have to drop the pan, clean everything up, re-silicone it all and install a one piece pan gasket to see if that solves the problem.

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
How much? I need to get mine done and was wondering what they charge.
The few shops we have around town range in price between $80-$100 for just the front . I paid $80. They were lowest and had the cleanest shop as it was just built 6-8 mos ago . but main reason I went to them was their top notch equipment . their alignment rack was set in the ground so no matter how low a vehicle. It would be able to get on the rack without any fuss . and the second reason is it was less than a mile from my house so I wouldn't be chewing up my tires cause of incorrect toe. Glad I did it too. Driving there it didn't seem bad at all . however the printout they give of the before and after was another story. Truck drives straight as an arrow now. Highly recommend getting it done.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
The few shops we have around town range in price between $80-$100 for just the front . I paid $80. They were lowest and had the cleanest shop as it was just built 6-8 mos ago . but main reason I went to them was their top notch equipment . their alignment rack was set in the ground so no matter how low a vehicle. It would be able to get on the rack without any fuss . and the second reason is it was less than a mile from my house so I wouldn't be chewing up my tires cause of incorrect toe. Glad I did it too. Driving there it didn't seem bad at all . however the printout they give of the before and after was another story. Truck drives straight as an arrow now. Highly recommend getting it done.

wasn't it you that just replaced a bunch of parts in your steering/suspension too? smart move to get it aligned professionally (learned that the hard way)

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
wasn't it you that just replaced a bunch of parts in your steering/suspension too? smart move to get it aligned professionally (learned that the hard way)
Yea I replaced all balljoints, control arm bushings , tie rods, idler and pitman arm, 3 inch drop spindles , rotors/hubs and brake pads. And drop shackles and hangers in the rear. It's like a brand new truck. Just got a little play in my gearbox . but gonna try and make some adjustments to it to see if I can get the play out. If not a quick ratio gearbox will be on the list .

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Yea I replaced all balljoints, control arm bushings , tie rods, idler and pitman arm, 3 inch drop spindles , rotors/hubs and brake pads. And drop shackles and hangers in the rear. It's like a brand new truck. Just got a little play in my gearbox . but gonna try and make some adjustments to it to see if I can get the play out. If not a quick ratio gearbox will be on the list .

Thankfully, you already had good alignment and nice tires. I bought 5 new tires for my burb, and had to learn the hard way the suspension was **** and out of alignment.

It ate my front tires, so i did balljoints, coils, tie rods, pitman and idler, as well as new shocks and sway bar bushings.... total price... 600... then new tires for the front.... came up to about 360.... then an alignment 2 days later. 60.....

I knew it was coming tho, i just knew it was gonna cost me 1000 or more for all that, is what it is i guess.

Reminds me, i need to pop my diff cover and check on my gear lash and pinion depth before those get ate up and i have to regear the rear end AGAIN.

That whole front end job in general has caused much frustration and confusion since the truck fell off the lift :(

(For anyone too lazy to go back and read, or in general unaware, the night it fell off the lift and slammed down on the back tires, after we recovered it, and i drove it home that night, i started to hear a whine, which i started the investigation in the trans to find bad parts used in the build, which i replaced and restacked the trans, but the whine immediately became present again on the first drive on the "freshened up" trans, i am suspected the rear end got racked really hard when it fell)

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Thankfully, you already had good alignment and nice tires. I bought 5 new tires for my burb, and had to learn the hard way the suspension was **** and out of alignment.

It ate my front tires, so i did balljoints, coils, tie rods, pitman and idler, as well as new shocks and sway bar bushings.... total price... 600... then new tires for the front.... came up to about 360.... then an alignment 2 days later. 60.....

I knew it was coming tho, i just knew it was gonna cost me 1000 or more for all that, is what it is i guess.

Reminds me, i need to pop my diff cover and check on my gear lash and pinion depth before those get ate up and i have to regear the rear end AGAIN.

That whole front end job in general has caused much frustration and confusion since the truck fell off the lift :(

(For anyone too lazy to go back and read, or in general unaware, the night it fell off the lift and slammed down on the back tires, after we recovered it, and i drove it home that night, i started to hear a whine, which i started the investigation in the trans to find bad parts used in the build, which i replaced and restacked the trans, but the whine immediately became present again on the first drive on the "freshened up" trans, i am suspected the rear end got racked really hard when it fell)

THE TRUCK FELL OFF THE LIFT?!?!? my condolences....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78