What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semperfiguy98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K20
Engine Size
It started with an oil leak.
I knew it was leaking where the oil pan meets the timing cover, so I figured I'd drop the pan and replace the timing cover since mine was old and crusty. Then I thought why not swap in a new cam while I'm at it.. then I figured I should take the core support off and while it's off I can paint it since I have a paint booth at work. Might as well paint the inner fenders while I am at it. I have a new passenger fender, too... It just snowballs out of control..

You must be registered for see images attach

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I knew it was leaking where the oil pan meets the timing cover, so I figured I'd drop the pan and replace the timing cover since mine was old and crusty. Then I thought why not swap in a new cam while I'm at it.. then I figured I should take the core support off and while it's off I can paint it since I have a paint booth at work. Might as well paint the inner fenders while I am at it. I have a new passenger fender, too... It just snowballs out of control..

I feel ya. If you weren’t working on it, you’d just be doing something you’d rather do. LOL

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
I replaced the burnt out headlight, painted the HL bezels & carefully removed the "GMC" letters, cleaned and repainted them.
Replaced the "chin" spoiler.
As we say in the South......... I'm "fixin' " to change the oil.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size

Welcome to my world! Some may just live with the oil leak... The joy of owning classic vehicle

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Been working on getting the computers and all the other swap harness junk mounted under the dash. There is ENTIRELY too much **** to hide and NOT enough room. I used a combination of industrial strength Velcro and zip ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Putting seats in

nice flippin seats, where'd ya get them??

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
It's such a nice day I decided to wash it and take it for a ride on the back roads. Nothing makes me smile more than going on a ride in the square. Spent bunch of time and money on this bitch so it's nice when can reap some reward for it. :driver:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

After I got back I wanted to see what gears I have in the rear end. So I marked the u-joint jacked it up and spun the wheel forward 1 time and watching the mark. It seems to have spun 1 1/4 times. What does that mean?

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Ordered rear brake light lenses,turn signal lights and marker lights.Several years ago,purchased all of this from lmc.Did that whole euro thing.Couldn’t be more disappointed in the quality.Never should of got rid of the original light trim.Was a stupid move as that’s real aluminum or stainless.I did order a grill from lmc only because it’s licensed by gm.Got light lenses through rock auto.Gonna get rid of that stupid “billet aluminum” grill because it looks like ****.Got a winch bumper coming from DIy4X.That stuff from lmc looked good for a year or two,I guess it’d work for a garage queen,but the original gm stuff still looks better than this **** 35 years later.Kinda makes you look at our future that way.Will it ever be good as it was....

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Ordered rear brake light lenses,turn signal lights and marker lights.Several years ago,purchased all of this from lmc.Did that whole euro thing.Couldn’t be more disappointed in the quality.Never should of got rid of the original light trim.Was a stupid move as that’s real aluminum or stainless.I did order a grill from lmc only because it’s licensed by gm.Got light lenses through rock auto.Gonna get rid of that stupid “billet aluminum” grill because it looks like ****.Got a winch bumper coming from DIy4X.That stuff from lmc looked good for a year or two,I guess it’d work for a garage queen,but the original gm stuff still looks better than this **** 35 years later.Kinda makes you look at our future that way.Will it ever be good as it was....

never was personally the biggest fan of custom grilles. always makes me think of the "futuristic" grilles from the movie In Time; it's like they're trying to do the whole Ram Charger thing, although it might be neat to see a Blazer or Suburban version (purely for ***** and gigs)

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Got all my wiring figured out for my Dakota Digitals. Now just gotta get it all cleaned up and mounted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I feel your pain.I completely re-wired a 1980 Chevy truck.Even with the kit being GM specific,not Painless,it was still pretty tedious.Super nice after it’s done though.It’s something I’ll be doing in mine in the next few years.I like Dakota,but will probably go with auto meter’s version.It’s 500$ cheaper too.Not as nice though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes