What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
You must be registered for see images attach

Removed Cab, now I can see what I missed while on my creeper....

that is one HELL of a way to remove a cab. I love it.....

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
I finally got tired of my blower motor making noise after about a year of constant noise, I went to the parts store and got the new blower motor for about 22.00 dollars , I don't know why I kept waiting , for anyone doing this it's as easy as changing your oil and a level 1 project anyone can do.
Just remove your 6 screws holding the motor and unplug the power wire and remove the unit,
Set on your bench take off the plastic fan assembly by removing the nut and take off with a screwdriver or your hands, clean and reinstall on your new motor ,then just install in the same position it was before ,replace screws and power plug, just be careful to not overtighten the small screws and you can use a nut driver for most of it.

lower screws are a bitch to get at though

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
removing a cab that way was a breeze (after working all the rusted bolts loose. I saw some videos of guys doing it that way and since I was solo that was the way to go

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I got an auxiliary factory battery tray,a headlight switch,extra 4x4 cross member,6 blade fan with stainless blades,side marker lights x2,aluminum door sill plates x2 and a bag full of various trim screws,fender bolts for 50$.Score.Nice guy and fellow squarebody enthusiast that owns a little salvage yard.

It’s 65 miles from the house,been there 3x in the last 2 weeks.It’s heaven.Good way to spend a day off.
I’ve seen the cross member alone go for 150$

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Grit Dog ,you asked for a pic of my square body here it is in the garage , it's a 1979 k10 and it's a work in progress , I pulled it out of a barn where it sat for about 10 years and wasn't running , I have been just doing little things every week, I had a later model 350 sitting and since the original motor was locked up, I took the old motor out and I dropped in my spare motor, so I had a running truck , I am working on the the AC and other systems currently and like I said it's a work in progress so far, I have done minor interior work and changed dash pad and other odds and ends, so trying to make it a dependable daily driver , I am leaving the petina finish for now. I currently just try to add things and do a little work daily even of it's only 30 minutes a day , that way it just keeps getting a little better.

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nice find Curt can I join, I can use some extra parts

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I will post a few tomorrow.CRM.i haven't taken any of the Interior or motor since it's been such a mess but will clean it up and send some engine and interior shots tomorrow after I get some

Reactions: CRM

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I got pulled over today for no front license plate ,with my winch mounted in the bumper it's hard to have a plate in the normal spot so I made a quick fix today to get me by ,when I get around to it I am going to make a fold down bracket that I can mount , then if I want to use the winch I just pull the license plate down and connect it , so until I can get that done I just drilled and tapped in the bumper and took some hollow tubing , cut some 1" shims for behind the license plate and enough to clear the winch and bolted my plate on , now the local police who don't have anything to do can't harass me now.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
I got pulled over today for no front license plate ,with my winch mounted in the bumper it's hard to have a plate in the normal spot so I made a quick fix today to get me by ,when I get around to it I am going to make a fold down bracket that I can mount , then if I want to use the winch I just pull the license plate down and connect it , so until I can get that done I just drilled and tapped in the bumper and took some hollow tubing , cut some 1" shims for behind the license plate and enough to clear the winch and bolted my plate on , now the local police who don't have anything to do can't harass me now.

\

You gonna do a piano hinge or something?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ohio finally made the front plate obsolete. It's so nice to be like most other states now, lol.

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I will probably just get a spring similar to this one in the pic some steel rod, and make a frame work for the plate just something light weight that a plate can sit in and weld it to my 1 inch pieces of tubing behind the license plate, it should work like the old style license plates that covered the gas cap filler to fill a vehicle ,mine will just be a license plate cover that is hiding my winch that folds down if needed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL