What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
@Paladin can you post a pic of your front sway bar in a similar fashion to my picture? Im about 99% positive mine is upsidedown.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
What have you done to your square lately?:

Installed sway bar correctly. Suspension now has some give to it.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Well, last night, i did all tie rods inner and outer, adjustment sleeves, new idler, pitman, balljoints, coils, sway bar bushings, shocks and such. Decided to skip the control arm bushings for now because they were TIGHT.
But i will keep those on hand.

To add some flare to the mix,
We lowered it down a little on the lift, i was using the lower control arm with a floor jack as a way to compress the new coils while i hooked my ball joints up.... all was good... suddenly the jack slipped, shot the coil out, truck shifted a little.... We bring it all back down to ground level, get the truck back on the lift correctly... all good.... lift it back up, we're just chilling, and suddenly the whole mother ****** just fell backwards off the lift :eek:

It was one of those deals you wanted to do something, but couldnt. We just let it happen LOL

Me, my buddy, his wife, and his dad were all like..... WTF just happened
:confused:

That was awesome. We underestimated how heavy the ass of the suburban was because we just had his 1 ton dually long bed crewcab up on there 2 weeks ago... no issues.... apparently the old girl is heavier in the ass than a dually! Woooooooooo we got it moved back in position with a jack and some low rollers under the frame.

Next time we brought it in the air, i stuck a piece of pipe between the concrete and the hitch and let the weight of the rear end down on that to balance it all.:33:
Sadly no pictures of the fallen truck. No damage. The hitch dug in his concrete and stopped it from doing any damage. :bleh:

WOW! No damage = amazing!

:eek:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Well, last night, i did all tie rods inner and outer, adjustment sleeves, new idler, pitman, balljoints, coils, sway bar bushings, shocks and such. Decided to skip the control arm bushings for now because they were TIGHT.
But i will keep those on hand.

To add some flare to the mix,
We lowered it down a little on the lift, i was using the lower control arm with a floor jack as a way to compress the new coils while i hooked my ball joints up.... all was good... suddenly the jack slipped, shot the coil out, truck shifted a little.... We bring it all back down to ground level, get the truck back on the lift correctly... all good.... lift it back up, we're just chilling, and suddenly the whole mother ****** just fell backwards off the lift :eek:

It was one of those deals you wanted to do something, but couldnt. We just let it happen LOL

Me, my buddy, his wife, and his dad were all like..... WTF just happened
:confused:

That was awesome. We underestimated how heavy the ass of the suburban was because we just had his 1 ton dually long bed crewcab up on there 2 weeks ago... no issues.... apparently the old girl is heavier in the ass than a dually! Woooooooooo we got it moved back in position with a jack and some low rollers under the frame.

Next time we brought it in the air, i stuck a piece of pipe between the concrete and the hitch and let the weight of the rear end down on that to balance it all.:33:
Sadly no pictures of the fallen truck. No damage. The hitch dug in his concrete and stopped it from doing any damage. :bleh:

This is why I had the shop replace my suspension. I've had springs shoot out before and it'll put a turd in your pants. Lol

Glad nobody got hurt

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I think it looks fine at that angle. The second pic in the first post looked a lot higher front to rear.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
This is why I had the shop replace my suspension. I've had springs shoot out before and it'll put a turd in your pants. Lol

Glad nobody got hurt
An old school technique is to chain the spring to the frame prior to ball joint separation

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
An old school technique is to chain the spring to the frame prior to ball joint separation

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I just left 3 or 4 threads worth of castle-nut on my old balljoints, smacked the knuckle with a hammer, and when they seperated, it contained the spring from flying out.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I think it looks fine at that angle. The second pic in the first post looked a lot higher front to rear.

Man, i measured and measured and MEASURED, i saw nothing unlevel about it.

Previously i had to adjust my seat because it was "falling forward" as my wife called it (higher in the rear)

When i got in after the coil swap and all, i had to straighten the seat back out.

My dad is convinced its got the carolina squat, but i dont see it :shrug:

He keeps insisting on the pinstripe level vs the ground, or parallelism of the stripe to the ground, i tried to argue and say the strip isnt straight on the body anymore since the fender got racked when the truck was laid on its side in 2000, but i cant convince the man.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Glad no one was hurt in your mishap bud.
Your rig looks “leveled” right now, but did you measure height before the spring swap? I bet it’s higher. Idk if it will come down with the coil overs, however in my experience, only a couple sets of springs, they do settle in after a bit.
Bet it drives like it’s on rails now though!

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
^Glad no one was hurt in your mishap bud.
Your rig looks “leveled” right now, but did you measure height before the spring swap? I bet it’s higher. Idk if it will come down with the coil overs, however in my experience, only a couple sets of springs, they do settle in after a bit.
Bet it drives like it’s on rails now though!

I know its higher in the front now. It was raked before.

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Man, i measured and measured and MEASURED, i saw nothing unlevel about it.

Previously i had to adjust my seat because it was "falling forward" as my wife called it (higher in the rear)

When i got in after the coil swap and all, i had to straighten the seat back out.

My dad is convinced its got the carolina squat, but i dont see it :shrug:

He keeps insisting on the pinstripe level vs the ground, or parallelism of the stripe to the ground, i tried to argue and say the strip isnt straight on the body anymore since the fender got racked when the truck was laid on its side in 2000, but i cant convince the man.

Yeah, when we lowered or raised these trucks everyday, the top full length body line, whether the truck had the two tone insert or not, would play tricks on us. I actually found that if the truck is truly level, looking at it from the front, it’s high in the front. If you look at it from the rear, it looks level or high in the rear. At some point, a tape measure on the body can prove either level or unlevel. :).
Since we were getting paid for satisfaction, it was an ice skating score more than true math. The spring business was good to me but I don’t miss the customers.
I like the stance myself, certainly not worth pulling the coils again.
Sorry for being long winded.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Yeah, when we lowered or raised these trucks everyday, the top full length body line, whether the truck had the two tone insert or not, would play tricks on us. I actually found that if the truck is truly level, looking at it from the front, it’s high in the front. If you look at it from the rear, it looks level or high in the rear. At some point, a tape measure on the body can prove either level or unlevel. :).
Since we were getting paid for satisfaction, it was an ice skating score more than true math. The spring business was good to me but I don’t miss the customers.
I like the stance myself, certainly not worth pulling the coils again.
Sorry for being long winded.

Oh no worries. I like it too, and i LOVE winding the small block and manually shifting the trans in that 1st-2nd shift, tires bark and the front bounces 1 time.

On pavement it sits level by my eye.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Oh no worries. I like it too, and i LOVE winding the small block and manually shifting the trans in that 1st-2nd shift, tires bark and the front bounces 1 time.

On pavement it sits level by my eye.

Yea cus you took the picture crooked! :insane: to my eye it does look ass low...

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Yea cus you took the picture crooked! :insane: to my eye it does look ass low...

This forum is gonna come to hate me and my truck. But final pic, not taken at an angle.

Second two pics are measurement off of concrete.

Its NOT squatted lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus