What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I FINALLY got the danged thing off the jack stands! Now with it lowered I can see the fricken roof of this thing, it's got some dust build up!!

More the of the story here;

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/thread...y-gotta-get-it-on-the-road-again.29806/page-3

I know it doesn't look like much, but she is pretty to me :anitoof:
The receiver someone put on this truck won't work now, she sits too low :favorites37:

(No engine in the truck either yet, so front will sit a bit lower than shown).

You must be registered for see images attach

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I FINALLY got the danged thing off the jack stands! Now with it lowered I can see the fricken roof of this thing, it's got some dust build up!!

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/thread...y-gotta-get-it-on-the-road-again.29806/page-3

The receiver someone put on this truck won't work now, she sits too low :favorites37:

I like it! Whats next?

Mossyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 1 BBL
After I changed the thermostat yesterday the truck pushed to about 220. I thought either the fan clutch or water pump was going bad. Took the fan off a ‘77 and that didn’t help any. I’ll install the water pump tomorrow after it gets here and go from there.

Old fan

New fan

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Nice dually!!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
After I changed the thermostat yesterday the truck pushed to about 220. I thought either the fan clutch or water pump was going bad. Took the fan off a ‘77 and that didn’t help any. I’ll install the water pump tomorrow after it gets here and go from there.

Old fan

New fan

Never seen a fan like that one in the 2nd pic. :eek:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502

Old fan

New fan

What is that off of?

Edit, I remember from another thread, inline 6.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I wouldn't put that on my truck. I'd replace the fan clutch and call it good. But, that's me. :D

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Fired her up so she could jump the old lady.

I guess Goldie is a kinky old gal ...

:bleh::boxed::happy175:

5 year old battery in the wifes truck gave up the ghost at the gas station.

First kill for Goldie!

:winner_first_h4h:

Pyrrhic victory, though, cause guess who went home, and who went to Wally World to buy a new battery?

Just paid that card off today, too...

:Violin:

And, who got to install it by trouble light since said wifey did not want to drive the Cobalt in case she needed to go somewhere tomorrow?

Yeah.

:p

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds

Old fan

New fan

I wouldn't put that old fan in. Fix what you have, your blade angles & everything are different on both, IMO you are taking a few steps back here. That fan resembles what is on my Flathead's, which did not require the same as what your truck requires to help keep it cool.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Pulled out the Quadrajet and spacer today to try and give this procrastinator some motivation to do the swap.

What swap are you doing?

(Here goes my opinion again :D )....those quadrajets are a very badass carb when tuned up properly, but then again I am bias (well I am now, I used to hate them)!!! I had a Holley 6-fiddy on my 455 Rocket Olds, and it did not perform close to that of my re-built quadrajet I had on my Olds 350 Rocket.

My dad knows those carbs inside & out (I still don't get it!!) and he did a full rebuild on the carb for my 350 Rocket that I built up (had that engine in my '80 Olds 2-door Delta 88 Brougham) and holy balls, when he was done it would literally make that tank car rocket! Nothing better than hearing a massive vacuum under the hood with all 4-barrels open singing her American glory and being pressed back into the seat....so once again, he had proven me wrong when I told him quadrajets sucked....

I plan to build a quadrajet (with my dad's assistance, again) for the 455 going in the 76 square, if it performs anything like my 350 did this will be fun as hell!!

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Threw on a 275/60/15 on the rear to see if I liked that on an 8” rim vs a 295 on a 10. The x10s are almost too deep, the center cap disappears from certain angles, not sure why that’s always bugged me. Think I’m gonna have our local guy widen mine to a 9 in the back and run a 295/50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How much do you have your truck lowered? I think it looks good!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128