What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Thanks for the heads up, I had a 73 I6 3 on the tree no a/c with full shroud. Learned something today!!

I think my '79 I6 had a full shroud too. But I can't remember for certain.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Also got my air lid flipped like that too. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the Quadrajet on the 305 before the BB swap.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Piece of advice I learned, flipping the breather upside down was stealing power on high end HP... I was drawing in heat off of the motor rather than cold air

On my burb, I have the snorkel that runs over to the rad support....

After I flipped the breather back around where it just drew in air from the rad support... Power gains went back to normality.

Mossyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 1 BBL
I believe that's the proper shroud for an 80's 6 cylinder. It was just the top piece. Notice there's no legs dropping down to meet up with a lower half.

I was just gonna say if it was supposed to have another piece it sure didn’t come with it...lol

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Piece of advice I learned, flipping the breather upside down was stealing power on high end HP... I was drawing in heat off of the motor rather than cold air

On my burb, I have the snorkel that runs over to the rad support....

After I flipped the breather back around where it just drew in air from the rad support... Power gains went back to normality.

Agree. Haven't people ever noticed how much better their engine performs on those cooler crisp days. Cooler air provides for better performance.
When l get some flexible duct I will be hooking up the snorkel to the radiator support panel also.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've been chasing a miss fire situation. I replaced the plugs, then new fuel filter. I noticed my fuel pump weeping oil, replaced pump. Still no change. I noticed a white spot on my wire protector. Pulled it off and wala...burnt wire. I crimped a 45 on a new wire and solved the mystery. Number 8 has very little clearance.

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
replaced my temp gauge and upon reinstall of dash pieces I bumped the steering column trim piece (which already had a slight crack) on the steering wheel and it snapped off. Waiting for glue to dry to reinstall. I hope the glue holds when it is tightened down. :shrug:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Road trip to visit my Mom, and ( attempt) to teach my nephew how to drive a stick shift Jeep.:driver:

Pretty much pur highway with the ac - 11.17 MPG.

Not bad for a carbed, underpowered, non overdrive, undergeared 40 year old primitive beast.

Doesn't sound too bad when I qualify it like that ...

:Big Laugh:

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Been stripping out my 89 parts burb and getting ready to drop the fuel tank. Seems like it has quite a bit of fuel in it (no batteries in it when I got it, so I wasn't able to check the gauge). I am wondering if I can hotwire the fuel pump to empty the tank. Is there anything tricky about the electric pump, or can I just put power to it to drain the tank?

Hope to finish up this week and get some room in the shop again, but it's been in the 90's and not supposed to cool off until the end of next week, so I don't know how much I'll get done.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Been stripping out my 89 parts burb and getting ready to drop the fuel tank. Seems like it has quite a bit of fuel in it (no batteries in it when I got it, so I wasn't able to check the gauge). I am wondering if I can hotwire the fuel pump to empty the tank. Is there anything tricky about the electric pump, or can I just put power to it to drain the tank?

Hope to finish up this week and get some room in the shop again, but it's been in the 90's and not supposed to cool off until the end of next week, so I don't know how much I'll get done.

should be able to pull the relay and run a jumper to drain the tank.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I was finally able to start re-installing the interior today! Working on taking stuff off my other 76 that has never been touched so it is nice to have something like that so I know how stuff is supposed to be!

Here is the insulation which I finished last night.

I then put in the carpeting to let it rest overnight...

This morning I started doing the final install of the carpet and trimming it up. Then put in the rear seat and the belts. After that I started putting the dash vent stuff in until I got stumped and had to go to my other 76, so I decided to start taking out that vent stuff for this truck as it is in nicer shape and more complete.

Used this little trick to help me find where to cut the holes for the bolts, used the end of a screw on applicator for a caulk tube, cut it to stick up a bit and then put the carpet over it and I knew right where to cut the carpet....

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I want to get out and do something, too cold and wet. Won't be able to to get under the truck.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Headlights assembly came in today from Lmc. Put together the pass side outside light. Looks good.

I thought the adjuster screws came with them but, nope so I ordered them and new springs today. Probably be here layer next week.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
So a couple weeks ago my speedo quit working.

I fixed it today with a 4x4 k5 speedo cable.
Tried a 4x4 suburban cable I had, but there was cracks in the sheathing so it was causing the cable to bind up.

The k5 speedo cable was undamaged, so I put that in.
Also did that, and swapped out radios.
The radio dad installed from the early 2000's was cutting in and out
I didn't Wanna get rid of it because my step mom bought that for dad when they first got married in 2000.

But I messed with it, checked wiring with a multimeter, even took the radio apart and inspect solders, nothing visually off....

So I just took the old pioneer from the s10 out and put it in.
Same sized radio, so it fit right in the den.

I returned the other pioneer back to dad, figured he'd like to have it for memory sake. :)

Lovely times.
But I have lockup again in 4th and I have a nice sounding radio.

In the very back, dad took out the original 3x8 or whatever, and installed some quality pioneer boxes. So those, combined with the weird hodge podge of speaker I have up front (including the middle), I have nice, loud stereo again.

So there's SOMETHING.
Ive been so damn lazy lately, and my old back injury has returned to haunt me again today, so I'm done. Ill sleep it off and maybe my back won't hurt tomorrow and I can finish putting the dash back together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy