What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You know those dot pattern, colorblind tests? I fail the **** outta those lol. I’m the same way too, I wanna say Red-Green colorblindness affects males way more often, and something like 10% of dudes are colorblind...I’m a goldsmith/silversmith and I always have to holler at my girlfriend to see if certain gems are blue or purple or a pinkish mix cuz certain shades of all those colors just kinda look like a muddy’d up mix
Yep that dot color book. Yep red green color blind.

I'm a Forester and I have trouble picking out flagging tape in the woods. I see it's color once I see it just it doesn't contrast as much to me as I think others?? I tell the other guys to leave long tails so that they blow in the winds and movement catches my eyes.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sounds like me. I never thought I had a color problem. Sure my wife teased me a little because I'd see shades differently than she does. I always figured she was an art major so just knew how the different shades should look better than me. Then we got a hot tub and I started learning to balance the water. That's when I realized I do have a mild color problem, I simply cannot tell the shade differences on test strips for spa water. I can tell the top color from the bottom one, but not the differences in the shades.

Side bar my wife's son who has since passed, was truly color blind. To him some shades of green looked brown, others he said almost black or extremely dark brown. One day we were driving, and I was asking him about how it effects his driving, by now he would have been in his 30's so it wasn't like he was a new driver. He said, that most green lights look like a very dim brown or like the light is out completely. He'd learned to look at the pedestrian crossing lights to verify his light was green and not out.
That's like me on those paint strips at like Lowe's. I told my wife I can tell the difference in the top and bottom color but the ones in between are so close I can barely tell. And if they were on the wall the next day to me it wouldn't matter which color on the strip it was there all so close. Or she asked which of these 4 colors I like best. I say, I don't care there all tan basically and once one is on the wall if the others are no where near it I won't know the difference anyway.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
That's like me on those paint strips at like Lowe's. I told my wife I can tell the difference in the top and bottom color but the ones in between are so close I can barely tell. And if they were on the wall the next day to me it wouldn't matter which color on the strip it was there all so close. Or she asked which of these 4 colors I like best. I say, I don't care there all tan basically and once one is on the wall if the others are no where near it I won't know the difference anyway.

That's not color blindness, that's what it's like dealing with an estrogen based life form.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep that dot color book. Yep red green color blind.

I'm a Forester and I have trouble picking out flagging tape in the woods. I see it's color once I see it just it doesn't contrast as much to me as I think others?? I tell the other guys to leave long tails so that they blow in the winds and movement catches my eyes.

Lol, I know how that goes. We had a tractor operator that was color blind, and he also couldn't read a map and find his way through a field very well at all. Because of that, I always went ahead and flagged entrances, boundaries, etc for him. He couldn't ever see the standard orange flag that most everyone uses. But he could see darker blue flags just fine. I always put down two flags, a blue one that he could see and a bright one that everyone else could see.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You don't think your truck is brown do you?!?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Put it on ramps to try to stop the bleeding. The trans literally puked everything out of the yoke after sitting for about 10 days [emoji2357][emoji19] That’s where it’ll stay till I can get more fluid and get it to my buddy’s house and store it in his shop
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Put it on ramps to try to stop the bleeding. The trans literally puked everything out of the yoke after sitting for about 10 days [emoji2357][emoji19] That’s where it’ll stay till I can get more fluid and get it to my buddy’s house and store it in his shop

That sucks but, your truck looks great. My favorite color is blue. Love the two tones.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size

Wow that sucks. Your driveway look level. Transmission wasn't over filled was it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You don't think your truck is brown do you?!?
Haha!! That's kind of a joke. My sense of humor. It's originally brown. And I have had it since 2004 so I called it the brown truck. About a year ago I had it painted green. Still call it the brown truck mostly.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Haha!! That's kind of a joke. My sense of humor. It's originally brown. And I have had it since 2004 so I called it the brown truck. About a year ago I had it painted green. Still call it the brown truck mostly.
Brown for the win!;)
Or the loss, a brown has turned green? You sob.
:burnout:

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Don’t think so. I did remove #3 main cap and the bearing looked good.
Since you have it apart and bearings are cheap, I'd roll new bearing shells into the rods and mains. That one isn't down to copper, but it's definitely worn. What oil filter were you using? I've seen Frams do this, and the internet is full of stories about them grenading. I think it's worth the extra $2 to get a quality oil filter. (I'm not trolling you or trying to put you down)

Madhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.3/NV4500/NP205/4:56 gear/35in tires
Since you have it apart and bearings are cheap, I'd roll new bearing shells into the rods and mains. That one isn't down to copper, but it's definitely worn. What oil filter were you using? I've seen Frams do this, and the internet is full of stories about them grenading. I think it's worth the extra $2 to get a quality oil filter. (I'm not trolling you or trying to put you down)
That was a FRAM filter.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Painted my square trailer. Its ugly AF, its getting satin black. Used square to illuminate workspace.

the reflections in pic 3 are from halogen headlights. it aint perfect but its one color.

and i know, heresay, but heres square next to f150 looking pretty slick

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
That was a FRAM filter.
Just for a little perspective, here's how far back the issue with Fram filters grenading, dates. In 1982 a buddy of mine had a Fram grenade and destroy an engine. This was back when a person could call a company and actually talk to someone, write a letter and get correspondence, etc. Fram told him they would not cover the failure and resulting damage, because it was not the original engine to the vehicle, and therefore, had been modified. So here we are in 2020.

PSA: It's a filter that probably costs the company less than a nickle to have made. When it grenades, it does several thousand dollars worth of damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL