What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
5.7 350tbi , 5.7 350, 5.7 350
Just picked these up from a local spot for my 79. The spec id sheet was not only still on the truck, but had this hubcap’s rpo code at the very end. Bought 8 of em in total but there was only 1 with the gmc center cap. If anyone’s looking for the bowtie versions and has gmc to trade, lemme know. Not NOS quality but pretty dang legit

You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Great job ! My 305 was in horrible shape . I wanted to do a crate motor for it but unfortunately the 305 quit much sooner than I had hoped so I too did a remann'd lonblock and I'm quite happy with the results . got a nice warranty with it. And it runs great

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
LOVE those valve covers! Also the up in smoke poster!

Madhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.3/NV4500/NP205/4:56 gear/35in tires
Found the pickup tube plugged. With what looks to be filter material.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Snugged the front two carb bolts - getting a weird little miss at idle, but not consistently.

Maybe will help, maybe not. Being random means ????

Can a HEI module get glitchy without failing completely?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Snugged the front two carb bolts - getting a weird little miss at idle, but not consistently.

Maybe will help, maybe not. Being random means ????

Can a HEI module get glitchy without failing completely?
Don’t know if yours has ESC or not. My truck is an ‘85 and still had the ESC on it when I bought it. Mine was getting intermittent missing, would just randomly not crank and overall just in and out running poorly and then would clear up and run great. A new module worked, but it was a bandaid. Finally replaced the dizzy with a non-ESC one and bam. All better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Found the pickup tube plugged. With what looks to be filter material.
It happens. Being in the repair business I've seen fuel filters explode and end up in the carb or injectors. Also seen oil filters do it. I have no real evidence to prove this but I believe better quality filters are less likely to do this. Do you know if there is engine damage?

Madhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.3/NV4500/NP205/4:56 gear/35in tires
It happens. Being in the repair business I've seen fuel filters explode and end up in the carb or injectors. Also seen oil filters do it. I have no real evidence to prove this but I believe better quality filters are less likely to do this. Do you know if there is engine damage?
Don’t think so. I did remove #3 main cap and the bearing looked good.

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
Put a better pic of that up. I like green trucks and it looks green to me
Absolutely will...I’m waiting on an oem grille and oem bumper guards to arrive this week...Then I’ll get you a good one...and it’s actually grey! I’m colorblind and had to ask my girl if it was truly grey, and not green lol. The guy I bought it from had it sprayed with a recent Ford (I know I know) color, Magnetic Metallic

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Absolutely will...I’m waiting on an oem grille and oem bumper guards to arrive this week...Then I’ll get you a good one...and it’s actually grey! I’m colorblind and had to ask my girl if it was truly grey, and not green lol. The guy I bought it from had it sprayed with a recent Ford (I know I know) color, Magnetic Metallic
I'm partially color blind and can see colors but didn't find out till a few years ago after years of marriage and my wife saying I had messed up color vision. I see colors but shades sometimes are different and I see more colors as a different colors, like teals that are combos of two colors like blue and green.

Last edited:

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
I'm partially collie blind and can see colors but didn't find out till a few years ago after years of marriage and my wife saying I had messed up color vision. I see colors but shades sometimes are different and I see more colors as a different colors, like teals that are combos of two colors like blue and green.
You know those dot pattern, colorblind tests? I fail the **** outta those lol. I’m the same way too, I wanna say Red-Green colorblindness affects males way more often, and something like 10% of dudes are colorblind...I’m a goldsmith/silversmith and I always have to holler at my girlfriend to see if certain gems are blue or purple or a pinkish mix cuz certain shades of all those colors just kinda look like a muddy’d up mix

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I'm partially collie blind and can see colors but didn't find out till a few years ago after years of marriage and my wife saying I had messed up color vision. I see colors but shades sometimes are different and I see more colors as a different colors, like teals that are combos of two colors like blue and green.

Yeah Idk about that LOL.

I think if most men will be honest, their little huney probably taught them they're color Blind. Mine always sees a different color than me too. Lol lol

86 SCOTTSDALE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Armand
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Casual mode.
Transitional mode.
Work mode. Finished building work boxes and had to test removing work module as a unit and putting stake sides on for the day and then putting work module back on for monday.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Don’t know if yours has ESC or not. My truck is an ‘85 and still had the ESC on it when I bought it. Mine was getting intermittent missing, would just randomly not crank and overall just in and out running poorly and then would clear up and run great. A new module worked, but it was a bandaid. Finally replaced the dizzy with a non-ESC one and bam. All better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, no ESC.

Possible cause :

# 8 :

Number 6 :

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Sounds like me. I never thought I had a color problem. Sure my wife teased me a little because I'd see shades differently than she does. I always figured she was an art major so just knew how the different shades should look better than me. Then we got a hot tub and I started learning to balance the water. That's when I realized I do have a mild color problem, I simply cannot tell the shade differences on test strips for spa water. I can tell the top color from the bottom one, but not the differences in the shades.

Side bar my wife's son who has since passed, was truly color blind. To him some shades of green looked brown, others he said almost black or extremely dark brown. One day we were driving, and I was asking him about how it effects his driving, by now he would have been in his 30's so it wasn't like he was a new driver. He said, that most green lights look like a very dim brown or like the light is out completely. He'd learned to look at the pedestrian crossing lights to verify his light was green and not out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep