What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Picked up some goodies today from a friend of mine while I was at his farm. A few hubcaps to split between a buddy and myself for our offices, a blank tailgate band in decent shape and an extra rally to use for a spare. It just so happens to have a 275/60/15 so I can see what that size looks like on the truck. Then stopped at Tractor Supply to grab a chest box for extra storage. This regular cab life is really pissing me off [emoji23]

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Picked up some goodies today from a friend of mine while I was at his farm. A few hubcaps to split between a buddy and myself for our offices, a blank tailgate band in decent shape and an extra rally to use for a spare. It just so happens to have a 275/60/15 so I can see what that size looks like on the truck. Then stopped at Tractor Supply to grab a chest box for extra storage. This regular cab life is really pissing me off [emoji23]

I'm interested to see how that tire fits. Be sure to snap a picture. How did you install the tool box? Did you use the bed mounting bolts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Sold my 85s cab and front clip on Saturday, now to make the frame into a trailer frame. Anyone dying to have a 2.73 open 10 bolt?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I'm interested to see how that tire fits. Be sure to snap a picture. How did you install the tool box? Did you use the bed mounting bolts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I think that tire will fit just right in the rear. Gonna try to get it to hold air and test fit later this week. It’s too dry rotted to try to run tho, I’ll just back it out the driveway enough to flex it on the curb lol

The box is just sitting there for now but yes, I plan to use the bed mounting bolts. One of them is spun in the bed floor, so that’ll be fun to get out. I’ll probably get some extra thick washers and cut a square in the for the lag bolts to sit in.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I think that tire will fit just right in the rear. Gonna try to get it to hold air and test fit later this week. It’s too dry rotted to try to run tho, I’ll just back it out the driveway enough to flex it on the curb lol

The box is just sitting there for now but yes, I plan to use the bed mounting bolts. One of them is spun in the bed floor, so that’ll be fun to get out. I’ll probably get some extra thick washers and cut a square in the for the lag bolts to sit in.

Weld a nut ontop of the carriage bolt then you have something to get a wrench on, or use a nut splitter on the bottom, or plasma cutter or torch to cut the nut

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
Just bought a 91 suburban one week ago and have done several things to it!
She got new exhaust, cleaned the throttle body, set timing, cleaned the engine bay, and vacuumed out the inside. Also took off the grandpa looking steps and bug guard.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
That thing would look cool flat black rattle canned, with a beefy bumper/grille guard

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Weld a nut ontop of the carriage bolt then you have something to get a wrench on, or use a nut splitter on the bottom, or plasma cutter or torch to cut the nut

I’m gonna try welding a nut on the carriage bolt. The bed’s nice, hoping to avoid the plasma cutter

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Tonight, and the past few days I've been going thru a big cluster F of wires, partially my own fault, partially this big discombobulated setup I have I call the k5ton.

I have a 87 suburban cab harness, 89 instrument cluster, and a 91 k5 engine bay harness.

I need the cable speedo for my th400 (it was in there when I got the truck) and I'm using holley efi to feed my 502 ci big block, so ECM and so forth in the k5 does nothing.

When I started back on this project, I tackled wiring first, threw my marine battery in, wired up the efi, Alt, starter, body, frame, and engine ground.

When I turned the key for the first time, the efi turned on, starter engages and rolls the motor over, I have headlights, taillights, turn signals, engine temp was pegged all the way over, oil pressure jumped to zero, voltage went to 11v, I had no fuel pump, no fuel gauge.

Tonight, I got the fuel pump working off the fuel pump relay under the hood. I used the EFI's fuel pump 12v trigger wire and tied it into the fuel pump relay's green/white wire. It now triggers the fuel pump when I cycle the key.

Next up was determining my fuel gauge situation, I checked resistance, no issues on the sweep of the float... So I couldn't figure out the issue... I started looking, and I found my issue... I guess somewhere between the crossover from a 91 engine bay harness and 87 cab harness, some of the wires flip flop around, and the cluster's main bulkhead has a different pinout as well...

Remembering that I had the k5's old cab harness, I dug it up, checked the pinout, sure enough it was different!

So for the last what seemed like 1,000,000 hours, I went thru each individual wire that goes to the bulkhead, placing it where it should be to make the gauge work correctly.

All that's left is the oil pressure signal wire.... I need to go under the hood, and get the oil pressure sensor plug, firstly extend it to over by the power steering Pump because thats where you screw in the sensor on the gen 6 bbc as I was told, and then, trace down the signal wire and tie it into the instrument panel.....

So, fingers crossed, tomorrow when I button all the electrical back up, I'll have engine temp working right, fuel gauge, and all that other stuff!!

Good times!!!!

85squaredC10

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Tonight, and the past few days I've been going thru a big cluster F of wires, partially my own fault, partially this big discombobulated setup I have I call the k5ton.

I have a 87 suburban cab harness, 89 instrument cluster, and a 91 k5 engine bay harness.

I need the cable speedo for my th400 (it was in there when I got the truck) and I'm using holley efi to feed my 502 ci big block, so ECM and so forth in the k5 does nothing.

When I started back on this project, I tackled wiring first, threw my marine battery in, wired up the efi, Alt, starter, body, frame, and engine ground.

When I turned the key for the first time, the efi turned on, starter engages and rolls the motor over, I have headlights, taillights, turn signals, engine temp was pegged all the way over, oil pressure jumped to zero, voltage went to 11v, I had no fuel pump, no fuel gauge.

Tonight, I got the fuel pump working off the fuel pump relay under the hood. I used the EFI's fuel pump 12v trigger wire and tied it into the fuel pump relay's green/white wire. It now triggers the fuel pump when I cycle the key.

Next up was determining my fuel gauge situation, I checked resistance, no issues on the sweep of the float... So I couldn't figure out the issue... I started looking, and I found my issue... I guess somewhere between the crossover from a 91 engine bay harness and 87 cab harness, some of the wires flip flop around, and the cluster's main bulkhead has a different pinout as well...

Remembering that I had the k5's old cab harness, I dug it up, checked the pinout, sure enough it was different!

So for the last what seemed like 1,000,000 hours, I went thru each individual wire that goes to the bulkhead, placing it where it should be to make the gauge work correctly.

All that's left is the oil pressure signal wire.... I need to go under the hood, and get the oil pressure sensor plug, firstly extend it to over by the power steering Pump because thats where you screw in the sensor on the gen 6 bbc as I was told, and then, trace down the signal wire and tie it into the instrument panel.....

So, fingers crossed, tomorrow when I button all the electrical back up, I'll have engine temp working right, fuel gauge, and all that other stuff!!

Good times!!!!
Nice work!! I remember when I blew apart my harness for my 85 to 93 tbi swap. What a mistake!! I took 2 seasons to learn ALL the wiring diagrams and pinouts. It was a huge job, but I got it all done and it runs fantastic!! While I didnt want to take the time, nor did I want to learn wiring, I succeeded in doing both. Feels pretty great when it fires up and you can drive it without issue. Keep up the grind brother....its definitely worth it in the end. Cant wait to hear it start up...post it up when it fires!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Nice work!! I remember when I blew apart my harness for my 85 to 93 tbi swap. What a mistake!! I took 2 seasons to learn ALL the wiring diagrams and pinouts. It was a huge job, but I got it all done and it runs fantastic!! While I didnt want to take the time, nor did I want to learn wiring, I succeeded in doing both. Feels pretty great when it fires up and you can drive it without issue. Keep up the grind brother....its definitely worth it in the end. Cant wait to hear it start up...post it up when it fires!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'm very close at this point to squaring away all the electrical, I'm rushing to get all that done and just literally be standing and waiting on the 60 psi fuel pump to come in, and once it's arrived, I can put it in the sending unit, hook up the lines, and fire it up.

Man did I ever consume a huge amount of knowledge tonight in wiring!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I charged my battery today. I've been gone for 2 weeks and when I got back to the shop, I found my battery was completely dead. Then I noticed my old Grant horn cap had come loose and made contact. Apparently my horn was blowing until the battery died. I bet the neighbors across the road loved that :rofl:

And my low note horn no longer works now.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I charged my battery today. I've been gone for 2 weeks and when I got back to the shop, I found my battery was completely dead. Then I noticed my old Grant horn cap had come loose and made contact. Apparently my horn was blowing until the battery died. I bet the neighbors across the road loved that :rofl:

And my low note horn no longer works now.

LMAO!

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
hit my front bumper with rust reformer.. had a tiny bit left over from another thing. ran out, but got most way. i think it will hit with a matte black paint, too

Also, painted my trailers tailgate john deere yellow. because why not :)

and between the oil change for this truck since ive got it running beautifully and paint the front bumper, I used about 6 tubes of grease on this truck, my f150, and my trailer.

6 tubes.

5 of them on the square.

Dang what are you putting all that grease on/in. Are you just rubbing down the frame in grease?

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
You and I are gonna match buddy....

I bought a Mack truck bulldog several years ago for my k5, it's lost somewhere in the thread :cool:

Since you got a hold of me and I took the photos of the remounted hood ornament, I figured I would post them here for others to see as well.

One before.

The rest are afters...

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Since you got a hold of me and I took the photos of the remounted hood ornament, I figured I would post them here for others to see as well.

One before.

The rest are afters...

It's hard to tell from a photo, but I think you've got a pup-dog there. Which is okay, the ones for the truck hoods are kind of big for a pickup truck. It still looks good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k5inAJ