What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Ordered a "beige" perforated headline for Goldie today :

https://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1981/chevrolet/truck/parts/?q=W73911

What I have is white, and the beige seems to be the closest to white, which of course, they don't offer. :rolleyes:

The beige shows as being perforated on the site - the off white does not show as perforated, but their customer service says it really is.

Misc. info for ya. :p

You must be registered for see images attach

Ordered 1 can of white vinyl paint, too, although if the color is close enough may say Eff it , which is what my headliner/trim shop guy suggested.

We shall see. :)

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Ordered a "beige" perforated headline for Goldie today :

https://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1981/chevrolet/truck/parts/?q=W73911

What I have is white, and the beige seems to be the closest to white, which of course, they don't offer. :rolleyes:

The beige shows as being perforated on the site - the off white does not show as perforated, but their customer service says it really is.

Misc. info for ya. :p

Ordered 1 can of white vinyl paint, too, although if the color is close enough may say Eff it , which is what my headliner/trim shop guy suggested.

We shall see. :)
I think that what we see as white is called something else like oyster or something. It is actually off white with a gray tint I believe. You're lucky being able to buy headliners, us crew cab guys have to work much harder to get good headliners.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Yeah, its called either mystic or oyster. My 1980 K25 has the Mystic/Gray two-tone interior and it definitely needs a freshening. Unfortunately part of that is the metal trim panels starting to show some rust through, does anyone know if the vinyl paint will work on the metal trim pieces also?

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Yeah, its called either mystic or oyster. My 1980 K25 has the Mystic/Gray two-tone interior and it definitely needs a freshening. Unfortunately part of that is the metal trim panels starting to show some rust through, does anyone know if the vinyl paint will work on the metal trim pieces also?
Not sure, but seems that I've read here somewhere about guys using model paint on the "metal" trim parts

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I finally returned to my big k5 project After... 8 months?

Took off that stupid sbc brackets and kwik performance adapters, and put REAL bbc pulleys and brackets on my 502.

Did that, and setup battery cables and ground wires. Started to setup the fuel tank and fuel lines, as well as coolant lines, but I was pretty hungry by that point and went and picked up some italian food.... I'm getting back on it tonight!

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/thread...-as-i-call-it-k5ton.20849/page-32#post-577956
Glad to see you found motivation! ;)

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Didn't d o **** except stick these led lights inside because I have no interior lights. They are pretty bright.

Guess this will have to work till I get the other cluster in and get them working. Lol
Where did you buy those?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
"someone" *cough cough* harassed the **** out of me and kept Poking me
WHO?!! kudos to THAT guy lol ya cant let a round eye blazer on tons with a giant big block get wasted by sitting or even worse.... SOLD!!!:eek::Nonono:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Im a square lover, i hate to see them left to sit.(especially after that much work has been done to them) I wanta see that 502 breathin fire and throwin 25ft roosters!

Gonna need some tractor tires for that kinda action.

I started assembling a set, then Never located #4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm