What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Not sure what BBC you are installing, versus the small block, but I think that the 454 engine is external balance. Unless you are replacing a 400, DON'T use that flexplate

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information poppy87. You just saved my motor as this prompted me to do some research and you were right on the 454 BBC. Found a forum where a guy did this for the same reason on his chevelle. Told him not to lucky before he fired it up.

He ordered me a new one for $85 that will come in today.

Saved my ass! Thanks again!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Thanks for the information poppy87. You just saved my motor as this prompted me to do some research and you were right on the 454 BBC. Found a forum where a guy did this for the same reason on his chevelle. Told him not to lucky before he fired it up.

He ordered me a new one for $85 that will come in today.

Saved my ass! Thanks again!!

There's also a difference in 454 flexplates. The '91 and later have a different sized weight on them, so you have to make sure you have the right one.

You must be registered for see images attach

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Attempted to put a spare tire carrier I got from bucket under the bed. I learned two things.
1. My exhaust system won’t let it fit under there with a 31” tire.
2. Whoever came up with the idea for this &@$? Thing needs to be beaten with one. If I thought I had to fight this thing while laying the side of the road, I’d just start walking.

Anyway, from now on I’ll just be keeping my spare in the bed, like any sane person would.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Attempted to put a spare tire carrier I got from bucket under the bed. I learned two things.
1. My exhaust system won’t let it fit under there with a 31” tire.
2. Whoever came up with the idea for this &@$? Thing needs to be beaten with one. If I thought I had to fight this thing while laying the side of the road, I’d just start walking.

Anyway, from now on I’ll just be keeping my spare in the bed, like any sane person would.

How about those tailpipes you got from me? Those came from the same truck that had the spare tire mount.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Stock starter finally gave up the ghost, ordered one of the summit brand high torque mini starters because it was priced middle of the road, and had lots of good reviews. I took the time to set it up and shim it and adjust it to the flywheel per directions and i'm happy to say it winged the 10.5:1 compression big block right over with ease both cold AND hot! We shall see how it holds up. The stock starter just got worse and worse, only lasted about a year and a half and 1,000 miles before it just couldn't take it any more.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Also, after a year and a half I finally decided it was time to hook up the sending unit for the trans temp gauge, so last weekend I got busy with getting that done, between measuring, cutting and making a bracket and bending up some lines I've probably got a few hours in it. should have that buttoned up tonight as I needed a compression adapter to go from 3/8" hose from the auxiliary cooler on the front of the radiator to the 5/16" line that goes over to the sending unit.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
change the front pads. After almost nailing a deer in the same spot twice in 2 weeks, I knew I needed them. I did notice that one of the pads appeared to have shifted out. It had a lip, on the top, that was outside the rotor. Wish I'd taken a picture of it.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
change the front pads. After almost nailing a deer in the same spot twice in 2 weeks, I knew I needed them. I did notice that one of the pads appeared to have shifted out. It had a lip, on the top, that was outside the rotor. Wish I'd taken a picture of it.
That almost sounds like you have the wrong pad/rotor combination. No broke hardware or excessive wear on caliper bracket?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
That almost sounds like you have the wrong pad/rotor combination. No broke hardware or excessive wear on caliper bracket?

Not that I noticed. The guys that bought and put the pads on were doing the gear change for me so who knows what pads were on there.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
How about those tailpipes you got from me? Those came from the same truck that had the spare tire mount.
You know, I didn’t even think about those. I’ll have to try them out this weekend and see how they work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76