What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The big annual six flags swap meet/garage sale was today.

Saw this 79, which I saw back in September of 2018 (2nd picture)
You must be registered for see images attach

My loot, got a decent 73-74 chevy grille, a bunch of metallic stickers, spirit of 76 stapler, a GMC badge from a medium duty truck, 79 licence plate
Love that green.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
4 or 5. Just like locking my keys in it, about 10 or 15
I locked my keys in my 86 once at a car show. These two cats come by and claim they can get in, no problem. They took the wire off their master cylinder that holds the cover on and and proceeded to insert it in the back lower corner of the vent window, hook the lever, pull it out which pushed the lock button in and then just twisted it to unlock the vent window. I’m sure they were pros if you know what I’m saying? I had to do it one other time and it worked perfectly.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I locked my keys in my 86 once at a car show. These two cats come by and claim they can get in, no problem. They took the wire off their master cylinder that holds the cover on and and proceeded to insert it in the back lower corner of the vent window, hook the lever, pull it out which pushed the lock button in and then just twisted it to unlock the vent window. I’m sure they were pros if you know what I’m saying? I had to do it one other time and it worked perfectly.
Never heard that trick! I put a hidden key box on mine

Reactions: WFO

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

There's been a few times I've got myself in with my own radio antenna. Obviously that doesn't work with most squarebodies though.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Power window versions ?

I guess they would have an extra hole for the switch but not one for the window crank ?

What color are the panels?

Oh, yeah - are there speed nuts on the piece ?
Heres what ive got

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
The latch on my sliding rear window has been broken for years! Just got to climb my big ole body into the bed and reach through to unlock her. I will fix this when I get her painted. Any thoughts on sliding rear window versus solid? Haven't decided yet

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
The latch on my sliding rear window has been broken for years! Just got to climb my big ole body into the bed and reach through to unlock her. I will fix this when I get her painted. Any thoughts on sliding rear window versus solid? Haven't decided yet

I couldnt live wihout my slider. Second favorite air source other then the vent window

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

I’m not sure how to unlatched them if that’s what you’re asking. Personally I’m going to put a solid window in mine because I’m tired of my slider leaking.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I’m not sure how to unlatched them if that’s what you’re asking. Personally I’m going to put a solid window in mine because I’m tired of my slider leaking.
Where is it leaking from?

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Weather was nice, ground was dry enough to put some cardboard down so I finally installed new KYB's on the corners yesterday! First new shocks in about 35 years. No test drive yet. I'm sore as all get-out but it was FUN and it felt good.
Unfortunately I found that I have to remove the hood, fenders, wheel liners to align the doors.
And rain in the forecast every day this week. Chippin' away at the stone!

ShortBus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
350tbi
My 87 is pretty much all original. Everything works, mostly, but its all OLD. Been replacing stuff as I can afford to. I have a few vehicles I'm always having to work on so I have to divide the time and money up between them all.
I've done the throttle body, o2 sensor, spark plugs, brake circuit from booster to the prop valve, clutch slave and line, and lots more.
The brake stuff and o2/plugs were last week. I've got a new throttle cable ordered at the local parts store. Picking it up this am and hopefully get it on this afternoon.
Anything special I should know or is it pretty straightforward? Looks pretty simple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag