What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The gang is called "Tigard HS Automotive Tech Dorks"
My son happens to be the president, as I raised him right and the auto shop teacher voluntold him that he is the president of the after school club.

Auto class was easy for Max.
It got to the point that when the teacher would be asking the class questions, he would have to say "Anyone but Max?"
You know what man... that’s bad ass. I had all kinds of friends in school who swore they were car guys. Man they didn’t know **** and didn’t wanna know. They just liked to talk about cars and regurgitate what they read in magazines or seen on tv. To see a group of kids out there ripping out engines together is awesome. Glad that’s still around.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
It was a joke cause of the one sitting up there n the fender flashing gang signs.

I wish my school had an auto shop class. It didn't. I have taught myself everything I know from tv and people and trial and error, and books. Now I use YouTube and forums but my younger years were a few years before those even.

I knew it was.
I dunno why he was all flashin' fingers. < >
The other photo had him flying his middle fingers.
Goobers, the lot of them...

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
You know what man... that’s bad ass. I had all kinds of friends in school who swore they were car guys. Man they didn’t know **** and didn’t wanna know. They just liked to talk about cars and regurgitate what they read in magazines or seen on tv. To see a group of kids out there ripping out engines together is awesome. Glad that’s still around.

I like doing stuff like this for the kids.
It makes memories they will hold onto long after this has happened.
I took 4 of them to the swap meet last Sunday.
The quiet one that I don't really know asked when the next swap was and if he could tag along.
Sure enough sir, we can make that happen.

When we left the swap, to took them all to Hooters for lunch....

You must be registered for see images attach

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Got Goldie back from the doctor today - diagnosis was u-joints.

They were dry - he showed me the old ones. Never had one fail like that- always heard bird chirping in the past.

Front one had larger caps than the rear - weird.

Also, the rear brake hose got done, so no more 40 year old rubber in the brake system.

They seem a little softer now than before .

I'll road test her tomorrow to and from work- there was enough traffic on the way home that it was hard getting to 55 on the speedo on the highway.

Been almost 2 weeks- nice to be back in my squircle- umm, err, squound...

:D

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
It was a joke cause of the one sitting up there n the fender flashing gang signs.

I wish my school had an auto shop class. It didn't. I have taught myself everything I know from tv and people and trial and error, and books. Now I use YouTube and forums but my younger years were a few years before those even.

My school had it but I took Drafting instead. A friend of mine was in AP classes and they wouldn't let him take Auto class as an elective, said he was too god for that, So he failed all his classes, got kicked out of AP, took auto class and ran his own shop for the past 20 or so years lol

I'm like you. I learned all my stuff through people, trial and error, and books. YouTube makes it too easy these days.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
My school had it but I took Drafting instead. A friend of mine was in AP classes and they wouldn't let him take Auto class as an elective, said he was too god for that, So he failed all his classes, got kicked out of AP, took auto class and ran his own shop for the past 20 or so years lol

I'm like you. I learned all my stuff through people, trial and error, and books. YouTube makes it too easy these days.
Yeah , sometimes the school administration have their heads up their asses too far to know what's good for the students!!

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
My high school doesn't even have an auto shop class anymore, which really sucks.

The district is ran by a bunch of liberals.

I am the president of my own schools Auto Club, and my yellow gmc is pretty much the mascott of the club.

I even towed a float in the homecomming parade with it. Since it is the school colors, it fit right in.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
My high school doesn't even have an auto shop class anymore, which really sucks.

The district is ran by a bunch of liberals.

I am the president of my own schools Auto Club, and my yellow gmc is pretty much the mascott of the club.

I even towed a float in the homecomming parade with it. Since it is the school colors, it fit right in.

In some ways, I am kind of glad that Librals run the district. It means that I can just slack off and make forum posts all day while keeping a good GPA.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Took the 76 today on a 70 mile round trip. Got 9.8 mpg, which isn't good, but the route I took has very little amount of straight sections and lots of hills, including one big hill that everyone calls, "The Hill" so a fair amount of dropping it back to second and goosing it. So I'm thinking with some carb and dizzy tuning, 15 should be no problem on good highway.
Then I changed the oil in it.
Sprayed the shift linkage with some oil to see if the squeaking stops.
Adjusted the shift indicator so it lines up to the correct gear.

The route

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Another day, another doctor. Drove fine yesterday- nothing I could tell but tire noise at 55 :D , and the 1st doctor didn't want to fool with the tranny/transfer case leak. Fine - I know another.

Goldie leaks tranny fluid like a sieve out of both ends, but the tranny shifts fine. Don't think the lockup converter is working, though.

Got almost 11 MPG on my work trip yesterday , though, lockup or not.

Any hoo, took it to the guy that did the tranny in the Ranger.

Yeah, looks like she is leaking from (fill in the blank except for the pan).

40 year old seals are dried up- gotta pull it to reseal it .

Yup.

Doesn't cost that much more to rebuild a TH350C since it is out and you are paying the labor anyway.

Yeah, I was thinking that/afraid of that ...

Fut it, let's do it.

Made it 40 years, 103K, and the seals gave up long before the tranny did.

:oops:

Oh, well!

This is one nights worth of drip, BTW.

The fresh stuff.

Last edited:

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Keeping fingers crossed it works as good when done as it did before!!!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Keeping fingers crossed it works as good when done as it did before!!!

We had one glitch out of the Ranger, and he corrected it no muss no fuss no charge.

That truck doesn't get probably as many miles as Goldie as even though it is the wife's DD, her commute is short.

All good roughly 3 years later, so I suspect he will do just fine on this little ol TH350C.

We were talking, and he mentioned that 80 was the first year since 72 to have a 205TC behind an automatic, and of course later they changed to the 208s

He said in 81 - not 100 percent on that, but he is my age to a little older and seems to know his stuff.

She is in good hands .

:waytogo:

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
We had one glitch out of the Ranger, and he corrected it no muss no fuss no charge.

That truck doesn't get probably as many miles as Goldie as even though it is the wife's DD, her commute is short.

All good roughly 3 years later, so I suspect he will do just fine on this little ol TH350C.

We were talking, and he mentioned that 80 was the first year since 72 to have a 205TC behind an automatic, and of course later they changed to the 208s

He said in 81 - not 100 percent on that, but he is my age to a little older and seems to know his stuff.

She is in good hands .

:waytogo:
I would have the transmission man verify TCC operation and install a reman torque converter while you are at it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Well, finally got her off to the shop for the BBC and transmission swap. And get her stock legs back under her.

Riding behind him to the shop. She was shakin her ass. Need that suspension fixed. Lol

Fired right up but, trans was so ****** I barely got it up the flat bed. She did make it tho.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I would have the transmission man verify TCC operation and install a reman torque converter while you are at it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, sir , we discussed that, too, and that I don't feel it working, and that from what I have read (mainly here :cool:) the switch is hard to come by.

He says they still offer the converters and that he'll make it work.

He also said that there are a lot of people that make switches that can be made to work.

I honestly have no idea- could be everything functions but the converter lockup, could be the solenoid is fried, maybe the switch, or hell, maybe it all works and I just can't feel it.

We will find out.

Getting rid of the leaks is almost worth the price of the tranny job, ya know?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevbak88