What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Getting all of the leaks corrected means one less thing to worry about! By the way, on these old girls, tcc apply under normal acceleration was around 32-35 mph and barely noticeable without monitoring a tach

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Getting all of the leaks corrected means one less thing to worry about! By the way, on these old girls, tcc apply under normal acceleration was around 32-35 mph and barely noticeable without monitoring a tach

Good to know - on the way over I had a good steady stretch of 45 ish that I eased up to and was listening really carefully- never heard or felt anything.

Leaks - I was beginning to think this was a secret British import squircle- good, lord .. .

:happy175:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Well, finally got her off to the shop for the BBC and transmission swap. And get her stock legs back under her.

Riding behind him to the shop. She was shakin her ass. Need that suspension fixed. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Fired right up but, trans was so ****** I barely got it up the flat bed. She did make it tho.

You are going to Love that Big Block!!!!:cheers:

chuckler3

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 SBC
Swapped in a crate motor and a new radiator with electric fans a few weeks ago. I got it to run for 15 minutes of break in. Noticed a loose fuel hose was weeping so I turned it off, fixed the leak along with a cable going to the starter that had melted to a header during this break in. Now the engine cranks but doesn't start. I've pulled most of my hair out and am currently stranded.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Swapped in a crate motor and a new radiator with electric fans a few weeks ago. I got it to run for 15 minutes of break in. Noticed a loose fuel hose was weeping so I turned it off, fixed the leak along with a cable going to the starter that had melted to a header during this break in. Now the engine cranks but doesn't start. I've pulled most of my hair out and am currently stranded.
Might have burned the fusible link to the starter solenoid

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Where/what is that? Cab, bulkhead, or somewhere between there and the starter?
Sorry, if it cranks, not the solenoid wire. There are in harness fusible link rear of the engine passenger side. Check if you have spark

Tom31w

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Got the axles and leaf springs painted and under the frame. She is slow going, but she is starting to take less room in the shop.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well about 230 this afternoon i commenced on operation rear end. Got the old one out, the new one in and mostly complete before i had to stop. Oh and @Goldie Driver thanks for jinxing me with the brake lines!! I took my lines off the old and left them hang to attach to the new rear. One side turned right out but the other was stuck in the fitting and tried to twist the line. I got the win though with a torch and pb blaster and very small back and fourth working. So all thats left tomorrow is torque u bolts, hook up e brake cables, tighten cover bolts, fill rear and bleed brakes. Took the wheels off my burban to put on it for now and the lug nuts were different so a friend of mine hooked me up with some he had hangin out. First pic is when i started, second is new rear in and third is the 16" federal couragias that shell be running for now. I think im liking the new look back there! Hey @eskimomann209 i finally got around to my rear issue lol

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Well about 230 this afternoon i commenced on operation rear end. Got the old one out, the new one in and mostly complete before i had to stop. Oh and @Goldie Driver thanks for jinxing me with the brake lines!! I took my lines off the old and left them hang to attach to the new rear. One side turned right out but the other was stuck in the fitting and tried to twist the line. I got the win though with a torch and pb blaster and very small back and fourth working. So all thats left tomorrow is torque u bolts, hook up e brake cables, tighten cover bolts, fill rear and bleed brakes. Took the wheels off my burban to put on it for now and the lug nuts were different so a friend of mine hooked me up with some he had hangin out. First pic is when i started, second is new rear in and third is the 16" federal couragias that shell be running for now. I think im liking the new look back there! Hey @eskimomann209 i finally got around to my rear issue lol

Great job buddy!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size

You got them, so you did better than I did.

That one was close to the gas tank, so the torch idea skeered me - ain't gonna lie.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice @78C10BigTen
I’m getting paranoid myself. I swear I hear the faintest whine at line 45-50 ish. Only time will tell!! lol
None on deceleration tho. I’m thinking the chips on the teeth from the cross pin might have an effect here. But good news is I used that crush sleeve eliminator so if I feel I need to yank it apart I don’t need anything except Permatex and gear oil

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Nice @78C10BigTen
I’m getting paranoid myself. I swear I hear the faintest whine at line 45-50 ish. Only time will tell!! lol
None on deceleration tho. I’m thinking the chips on the teeth from the cross pin might have an effect here. But good news is I used that crush sleeve eliminator so if I feel I need to yank it apart I don’t need anything except Permatex and gear oil
I thought i heard a whine in the last one but only at constant cruise speed, not decel or accel... but thats gone now so i sure hope i dont have any noise in this one, but those M/T tires ive got on the back now are gunna hum out any noise i bet lol. Between those and the flowmasters... im setting up for complete catastrophic failure next time lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyHansen