What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Got her on the road today and got new front brake lines from Inline Tube. Gotta put them in, the new brake hoses, calipers, and pads. Then gotta get the other 2 tires mounted and balanced and hopefully I'll be good to go.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Got my t case picked up....in pieces
Which isn't bad considering the back casing has a burnt bearing
And x2 on that being in the library

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Installed this and now wondering if the springs I got are 2" lift not 4" lift. Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Installed this and now wondering if the springs I got are 2" lift not 4" lift. Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images

Cant see your pic.

Measure from top of axle tube to top or bottom of frame? and I will tell you how high your lift is.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I am hoping to go look at a 10 bolt front end and 12 bolt rear end with 4:10 gears on Sunday afternoon. It would be nice to have a set with those gears. I have a spare set with 3:73 gears in it along with a set of 3:73's under the truck right now.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I am hoping to go look at a 10 bolt front end and 12 bolt rear end with 4:10 gears on Sunday afternoon. It would be nice to have a set with those gears. I have a spare set with 3:73 gears in it along with a set of 3:73's under the truck right now.

Ya 4:10s rock! I would like to find a FF with 4:11s These damn 14SF axles just keep dropping on my lap lol but I want a FF

Could of grabbed a set 10 bolt and 14FF with 4:56s for $500 last year, and Im kicking my self cause now thinking back about it they were probably Dana60 and 14FF cause the guy didn't Know much about them and Im thinking they were used military axles, Damn it! I should have bought them. Oh well

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Ya 4:10s rock! I would like to find a FF with 4:11s These damn 14SF axles just keep dropping on my lap lol but I want a FF

Could of grabbed a set 10 bolt and 14FF with 4:56s for $500 last year, and Im kicking my self cause now thinking back about it they were probably Dana60 and 14FF cause the guy didn't Know much about them and Im thinking they were used military axles, Damn it! I should have bought them. Oh well

Yeah these are in 1/2 ton axles so they are kinda hard to find - especially the 12 bolt. I asked the guy if he had looked at the ring gear to get the ratio and he said no. He says "I looked at the wheel size and read the rpm's at 55 and went online to get the ratio". OOOOK. I asked him if it had a posi in the rear and he says " I don't know". Ok. IT will be pretty interesting to say the least. I do not have my hopes up.

BTW these are in a 84 truck which never came stock with a 12 bolt rear end. He wasn't aware of that fact until I told him.

You should have grabbed those axles. You only make that mistake once. I did the same thing once also. I was looking around for an engine to put in my truck. A guy had a BB 427 that needed put together. I ran the numbers on the camshaft and about crapped. He was building a 66 ZL1 motor with 650 HP. :eek::eek::):):) Yeah I was DD ing my truck. I couldn't afford to put Cam 2 racing gas in it every day. Yeah my son was shaking his head when I told him about that. If I knew then what I know now I would have done it.:whymewhyme:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Cant see your pic.

Measure from top of axle tube to top or bottom of frame? and I will tell you how high your lift is.

Here and if this doesn't work then what should the measurements be?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Here and if this doesn't work then what should the measurements be?

Still cant see your pic.

From top of axle tube to bottom of frame for a 4" lift should be close to, 10 3/4" in the front and 13 1/4" in the rear. Note that is from the axle tube not the spring pad.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Still cant see your pic.

From top of axle tube to bottom of frame for a 4" lift should be close to, 10 3/4" in the front and 13 1/4" in the rear. Note that is from the axle tube not the spring pad.

Stupid google photos...

here... I just measured and I'm pretty much at 10"

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Stupid google photos...

here... I just measured and I'm pretty much at 10"

Theres no way that's a 4" lift cause its de arched or sagged. A 4" lift spring will have a definite positive arch.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

Last edited:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
*sigh* that was what I was hoping to hear. Guess I'm on the hunt again.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
*sigh* that was what I was hoping to hear. Guess I'm on the hunt again.

You can get b rand new 4" springs for $90 a piece from Zone/North Shore Off Road, Plus $30 shipping. And they will sell you the steering arm at the same time for $87

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26