What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Over 5" using stock springs with a shackle flip and I don't even have shocks installed yet.

In Progress:
You must be registered for see images attach

Difference (very rough measurements at this moment):
You must be registered for see images attach

Ok so you have lifted just the right rear over 5 inches with the shackle flip on that side. You still need to lift the other three sides correct? When the shackle flip is done the back will be lifted 5 inches total. What is the lift on the front going to be? Are you putting a 5 inch lift under the front? The reason I ask is that I have never heard of a 5 inch lift spring for the front? Or are you going to put a 4 inch lift spring under the front?

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok so you have lifted just the right rear over 5 inches with the shackle flip on that side. You still need to lift the other three sides correct? When the shackle flip is done the back will be lifted 5 inches total. What is the lift on the front going to be? Are you putting a 5 inch lift under the front? The reason I ask is that I have never heard of a 5 inch lift spring for the front? Or are you going to put a 4 inch lift spring under the front?

Heh. It is sloooow work doing this but yes with the shackle alone I gained over 5". I'm thinking I may run it like this cause bro rake is awesome ... :party36:

I kid.

But no I have 4" springs in the front and hopefully when all is said and done I will have a bit of rake but nothing excessive because I have no idea how to get the back down lol.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Heh. It is sloooow work doing this but yes with the shackle alone I gained over 5". I'm thinking I may run it like this cause bro rake is awesome ... :party36:

I kid.

But no I have 4" springs in the front and hopefully when all is said and done I will have a bit of rake but nothing excessive because I have no idea how to get the back down lol.

Ok. It should look pretty good with that amount of rake. I was thinking that, since I have a 6 inch lift on my truck, that you could add a 2 1/2 inch add a leaf in the back and put 6 inch lift springs in the front. That would give you a 1 1/2" rake. Plus you could run 35-37 inch tires too.:)

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok. It should look pretty good with that amount of rake. I was thinking that, since I have a 6 inch lift on my truck, that you could add a 2 1/2 inch add a leaf in the back and put 6 inch lift springs in the front. That would give you a 1 1/2" rake. Plus you could run 35-37 inch tires too.:)

Yeah maybe down the road. There is a lot more involved in a 6" lift than compared to a 4" and right now I'm only running 245 tires so they'll look tiny :bawl:

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Yeah maybe down the road. There is a lot more involved in a 6" lift than compared to a 4" and right now I'm only running 245 tires so they'll look tiny :bawl:

I hear you. I am looking at getting a new set of tires for mine and it is still a long ways from being on the road.:whymewhyme:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
How come your truck is all over the place with ride heights ?

LOL! Well you know it was a stormy and rainy day and so I didn't want to go too far... So I pulled in to the back alley and well gravel roads are never smooth so measurements are goofy :p

Once the lift is all in place I'll have a better idea of measurements but for now I was just looking for something rough to start with.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
LOL! Well you know it was a stormy and rainy day and so I didn't want to go too far... So I pulled in to the back alley and well gravel roads are never smooth so measurements are goofy :p

Once the lift is all in place I'll have a better idea of measurements but for now I was just looking for something rough to start with.

Oh ok I thought maybe you were going with a Rocky Mountain theme or something lol

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Oh ok I thought maybe you were going with a Rocky Mountain theme or something lol

Well that could be it too! I'm not too sure yet. Maybe I'll only lift the front left and have some odd weird twisty truck.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Well that could be it too! I'm not too sure yet. Maybe I'll only lift the front left and have some odd weird twisty truck.

OK. I get it now. That is the Canadian version of a rock crawler?:)

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
lol