What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You can get b rand new 4" springs for $90 a piece from Zone/North Shore Off Road, Plus $30 shipping. And they will sell you the steering arm at the same time for $87

Yeah I picked up these for $100 a pair used. I'm hoping to not have to buy new... but may have to.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Wow those springs are super flat lol I've never seen that before

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
90$ later I've got seals for the t case and u joints for the truck...after the 75$ for the disassembled t case....broke and no motivation for it today

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
You guys are not going to believe this. I called the guy at 1:00, left a message. No return call yet. So I don't think this is going to happen. Hmm. We will see.

Firebane- Those are not the springs you need. I hate to say this but I would buy them new. This way you know they are not sagging on one side. It would really suck to put a used set on and see your truck leaning.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Wow those springs are super flat lol I've never seen that before

Yeah which is absolutely bizarre because they aren't stock. I've never heard of a replacement stock spring narrower than normal. And I'm pretty sure even 2-2.5" lift springs don't get arch either.

3" from floor to bottom of spring.

Last edited:

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Never mind.....found out why it wouldn't come out, spacer was welded to the shaft and front case is....imagine this....destroyed
Can't win with people, always ******* someone over

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mine left me stranded this evening. Just died and had no power at all. Parked in the middle of the road and couldn't even turn the hazards on lol. Tracked it down to a broken starter wire and managed to patch it up well enough to get me home. First time it's ever broke down on the side of the road.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Mine left me stranded this evening. Just died and had no power at all. Parked in the middle of the road and couldn't even turn the hazards on lol. Tracked it down to a broken starter wire and managed to patch it up well enough to get me home. First time it's ever broke down on the side of the road.

Had that happen to me in the middle of Indianapolis, had a cop driving behind me and he directed traffic while I was under it lol
Didn't make it to the pic a part in time though

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yeah which is absolutely bizarre because they aren't stock. I've never heard of a replacement stock spring narrower than normal. And I'm pretty sure even 2-2.5" lift springs don't get arch either.

3" from floor to bottom of spring.

Those springs are exactly the same height as a 1/2 ton stock spring.

That's not how you measure a lifted spring. You cant go off of that. You have to measure how much the truck is lifted once all the weight of your vehicle is sitting on them.

I have 2 brand new 4" springs sitting on my shop floor and I just measured from the floor to the spring and they measure 6 1/2", but when the trucks weight is on them they will lift the truck 4" from stock ride height.

I would take them back and get your money back cause that isn't right! No way in hell that they didn't know that they sag like a stock spring! I wouldn't put up with that ******** if I were you!

The stock springs are narrower at the U bolt then at the spring hanger. The after market springs are just the same width from end to end. A stock front spring has 3 leafs where as an after market spring has 5 or 6 leafs, that's where the after market spring gets the extra strength from.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Those springs are exactly the same height as a 1/2 ton stock spring.

That's not how you measure a lifted spring. You cant go off of that. You have to measure how much the truck is lifted once all the weight of your vehicle is sitting on them.

I have 2 brand new 4" springs sitting on my shop floor and I just measured from the floor to the spring and they measure 6 1/2", but when the trucks weight is on them they will lift the truck 4" from stock ride height.

I would take them back and get your money back cause that isn't right! No way in hell that they didn't know that they sag like a stock spring! I wouldn't put up with that ******** if I were you!

The stock springs are narrower at the U bolt then at the spring hanger. The after market springs are just the same width from end to end. A stock front spring has 3 leafs where as an after market spring has 5 or 6 leafs, that's where the after market spring gets the extra strength from.

I didn't buy these new. a guy had them who said they were a 4" spring. after doing some reading 4" springs have a free arch of around 3.72".

i am looking into seeing if I can switch my order for the shocks and get some springs.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
bought some more audio stuff for the 87 :)

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I didn't buy these new. a guy had them who said they were a 4" spring. after doing some reading 4" springs have a free arch of around 3.72".

i am looking into seeing if I can switch my order for the shocks and get some springs.

3.72" installed! My point is buddy new they were sagged to **** when he sold them to you. I would go get my money back if I were you.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
3.72" installed! My point is buddy new they were sagged to **** when he sold them to you. I would go get my money back if I were you.

Meh it was a long time ago.. I'm not going to worry. I'll get another set and sell the OEM and these ones and sell them properly. I'll make some money back.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Glad you made it home.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda