What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
That’s one of the things I’m sad about- we had a really good radiator shop here that knew how to rebuild them, but they went under, probably a sign of the times. Most people order a replacement from a website. I get that it’s becoming a lost art, but I really miss having that option, and they did a great job restoring the old radiator on the 3100.
look for a heavy vehicle repair shop. The shop that I go to is mainly that, but it's not a big chain. I've been thinking about buying a few off FB for $30 and keep them as spares or sell them.

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I took my speedo cables out, cleaned and lubed them.
I have the old cruise master cruise control transducer.
The speedo works better now, right up to 40 mph. Then the needle just starts bouncing.
Going to buy a replacement speedo, see if that helps.
Was going to change the thermostat, but it looked like a storm was rolling in.
Of course, as soon as I put
everything away it cleared right up.
Ordered a new dash pad also, be nice to see my truck all together again!

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
In the ongoing drama of The Leaking Radiator... apparently it was NOT the radiator itself. The heater hose that attaches just below the filler neck was leaking. Because it is a brand new shiny, slick, plastic radiator there was no trace of the anti-freeze anywhere on the radiator itself, just at the bottom.

After I got home from work last night I started the truck and watched while aiming a very bright flashlight. As soon as things warmed up there was an obvious trickle. I removed the hose, cleaned the inside of it and seated it a little bit further onto the neck. Voila! No leak.

I think I can put off having the original rebuilt until after Cruisin the Coast so I can have a few more dollars in my pocket. Taking BigUn on a vacation can be Very Expensive.

mibars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Added missing window tint on one side and replaced scratched and discolored (and too transparent) tint on barn doors.
It's so hard to find a brown tint that would match factory tint, had to go with a 20% brown which is not that brown and more transparent than factory tint.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Finished the interior wiring harness, except for some cleanup, need help from anyone that has a 73-75 Square. Putting things back together and didn't take any pictures on this area. Need to know if there is a spacer, rubber gromet for the E-Brake lever. If someone can take a picture of that area It would be helpful. thanks in advance
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks guys happy friday.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Sorry no help. I'm not sure but I think the coors light can is supposed to get a little smashed and bent over,and goes under the drivers seat
maybe after the seat gets installed, but I would usually throw them out the slider into the bed

Last edited:

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Finished the interior wiring harness, except for some cleanup, need help from anyone that has a 73-75 Square. Putting things back together and didn't take any pictures on this area. Need to know if there is a spacer, rubber gromet for the E-Brake lever. If someone can take a picture of that area It would be helpful. thanks in advance

Thanks guys happy friday.

LMC sells the grommet. Part number 34-3132. Apparently standard 73-87

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
Got the radiator and fan shroud mounted and hoses hooked up. Changed out the negative battery cable for a longer one that had several branches that gave me connections for the engine, frame and chassis grounds. Dropped in a cold air intake and modified the shroud for it to make it fit a bit better.

Mostly wiring stuff & electronics left to do.

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
Follow up, 2 different radiators. One has 1 1/2” - 1 3/4”the other 1 1/4” - 1 1/2”. Both listed for a ‘84 C10, 305 automatic. Was unaware and ordered the wrong radiator, said that it fit.
argh….. so I was wondering if instead of exchanging the radiator if the hoses could be ordered in the corresponding size???

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Well with info you've given I don't know if you ordered a radiator with too small fittings or too large fittings. If what you got is too small they make spacers the resemble a 1 inch wide rubber band you put on the nipple and then put on the hose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-23_195004.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-23_195004.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody