Well, I hope you all can shed some light on this for me..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I was installing the servo on my rebuild (4L60E) and when I was done, I went to spin the tailshaft back and forth to check if I hung up the band, and it spun one way, but REALLY hard to spin the other..

So, I took the servo back out, still hard to spin that direction..

So, I take the pump back off, pull the band totally loose, STILL hard to spin that direction.

So, I pull the low reverse and input drums back out, and then spin the shaft, spins easily, no problem both directions.. As soon as I put the input and lowreverse drum back in place, it is EXTREMELY hard to spin it clockwise..

What did I screw up???

Is it a sprag? I Thought for sure I verified it spun the correct direction when I was assembling both sprags.. AM I missing a thrust washer? Is it something to do with the reaction shell? I was thinking about it last night maybe I should see if the reaction shell will spin, because the low reveres drum kinda fits inside or meshes with the reaction shell, am I thinking right here? When that assembly is pulled out, the planetaries can all spin freely, but the reaction shell may not.. Maybe that is where my issue is.. Let me know where and what to look for here please.

I appreciate it.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
put it all back togather you had it installed correctly.

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
put it all back togather you had it installed correctly.

Really? I was baffled.. the video I was using said that if it only spun one way, I had the band bound up with the servo. So you are saying it is normal for it to be REALLY hard to spin the tail shaft clockwise?

Would be a HUGE relief if this is true. I guess it wasn't totally locked up, but as hard as it was to turn, I figured it was.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Really? I was baffled.. the video I was using said that if it only spun one way, I had the band bound up with the servo. So you are saying it is normal for it to be REALLY hard to spin the tail shaft clockwise?

Would be a HUGE relief if this is true. I guess it wasn't totally locked up, but as hard as it was to turn, I figured it was.

unless I am mis understanding what your saying it is normal for the output shaft to be hard to spin after the Transmission is assembled.

HotRod is alot better at explaining these things so I will let him explain it to you.

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
unless I am mis understanding what your saying it is normal for the output shaft to be hard to spin after the Transmission is assembled.

HotRod is alot better at explaining these things so I will let him explain it to you.

Well, the only reason I even checked it was the video said that if it only spun the one way, the band was bound up in the servo..

I spun it, it went one way, but REALLY hard the other. Not totally locked, but harder to spin one way than the other.

I've never done this before, so it helps to have someone who's been there, done that a few times.

Thank you!

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Hmm, HRPC hasn't said much, does that mean he agrees with your assessment, and cannot say it any better than you?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Most likely mean he hasn't seen it yet or he's composing his response as we type. He will deliver his novel eventually :lol:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Most likely mean he hasn't seen it yet or he's composing his response as we type. He will deliver his novel eventually :lol:

Servers somewhere are crashing, cities are experiencing black outs.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Servers somewhere are crashing, cities are experiencing black outs.

:roflbow:

I think he probably hires elves to type the novels. They must go on strike every now and again is my guess.

HRPC, do you pay your elves salary?

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Hmm, well I DO have a 700r4 to check to see if it's the same, though I am not sure on the condition of that tranny, I was gonna rebuild it and swap out my TH350 and put the 700r4 in my square..

I think I will see how the tail shaft on that one spins, I should have checked that before I tore it all back apart..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP