Easton Is Graduating Thank You all for your help GMSB!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Easton is graduating in a few weeks and I had to reach out to y’all and say thank you for everything. We did not join the forum until we were into the truck for a year, and boy sure figured that was a mistake. You all have been so helpful to a father (shade tree mechanic) and his kid. Easton bought this truck with his own money when he was 14 because he wanted an old truck. So many of you have helped us as we struggled. I will never be able to fully express my thanks to so many of you for so much, talking me off the cliff, keeping me from killing my kid and mostly for “making me look a whole lot smarter than I actually am”. When we thought we could not, you all convinced us “we could” when we wanted to quit, you gave us the inspiration and vision to continue, when we felt we made a big mistake thinking we should not have you all proved to us and to Easton the biggest lesson “when someone says you can’t, that’s an opportunity to show them you can” you all made “impossible”.. possible for this father and son team.

My point in this post is this, we are at the end of the journey, little things to do here and there but for the most part he has it where he wants at this point. The incredibly NEAT thing is he had his graduation announcement pictures taken a week ago and I just saw them today and I had to share, they included his truck… Yeah, it means that much to him!!

Y’all, thanks for making a kids dream come true. Thanks for showing him that what having a servants heart looks like. Thanks for showing him what it looks like to help others even when it‘s inconvenient and thank you for showing him that hard work does pay off.

I am not sure if we ever helped anyone, but we sure tried. For those who read this and feel that you can’t… you absolutely CAN!

Thank you everyone!!

Randy
Wow, I'm sure you're certainly proud as you should be. We're proud too, to be a part of that journey too. That's exactly what we're here for. We deal with all mechanical grade levels here, from the NO mechanical ability all the way up to the professionals. Also why we don't tolerate the bullies and asshats treating anyone badly for a stupid question. We've even had teenage girls on here asking questons before and believe it or not, we've had grown men asking dumber questions then them. It may be a stupid question to most of us, but to that one person, it's not a stupid question or they wouldn't be asking. I'm sure you guys didn't have any of those, but certainly glad you came here and allowed GMSB to be a part of it to answer questions, offer guidance, make suggestions and give opinions. As I've said before, NONE of us know everything about squarebodies, though there's a few that come damn close, but between all of us, Yes we do know everything about a squarebody or have the ability to find it out. The info can be gotten here about every bolt and every wire. I can with certainty, your journey has helped someone and will continue to help someone in the future. Whether you gave advice or not, even just participating, showing progress, asking questions, giving or asking an opinion, there's other watching and they're learning too just by viewing that thread. They may not have come here for that reason, but they see it and know where to come back for that particular info when needed.

With all that said, A big Congrats to you both on the graduation. :waytogo: Thanks again for allowing GMSB to be a part of the journey with the truck.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
Wow, I'm sure you're certainly proud as you should be. We're proud too, to be a part of that journey too. That's exactly what we're here for. We deal with all mechanical grade levels here, from the NO mechanical ability all the way up to the professionals. Also why we don't tolerate the bullies and asshats treating anyone badly for a stupid question. We've even had teenage girls on here asking questons before and believe it or not, we've had grown men asking dumber questions then them. It may be a stupid question to most of us, but to that one person, it's not a stupid question or they wouldn't be asking. I'm sure you guys didn't have any of those, but certainly glad you came here and allowed GMSB to be a part of it to answer questions, offer guidance, make suggestions and give opinions. As I've said before, NONE of us know everything about squarebodies, though there's a few that come damn close, but between all of us, Yes we do know everything about a squarebody or have the ability to find it out. The info can be gotten here about every bolt and every wire. I can with certainty, your journey has helped someone and will continue to help someone in the future. Whether you gave advice or not, even just participating, showing progress, asking questions, giving or asking an opinion, there's other watching and they're learning too just by viewing that thread. They may not have come here for that reason, but they see it and know where to come back for that particular info when needed.

With all that said, A big Congrats to you both on the graduation. :waytogo: Thanks again for allowing GMSB to be a part of the journey with the truck.
#grateful

Randy and Easton

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag