700r4 speedo port not spinning at all.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
For what ever reason it's only giving me notifications for replies.

I'll pick that stuff up this week when I get back. I'll swap it out 2 or 3 weeks from now? Whatever next next next weekend is when we pull the cab.
There is a really odd exhaust on the thing that blocks alot of that area on the trans so it's easier to get to from above.

I'm wondering why that made it plastic and not meatal? Clearly there is some reason that I just can't figure out.

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
i cannot find a 29 tooth gear on amazon for the life of me. id like to buy on amazon if possible. i did find the seals i need. im going to just replace both the outer and inner. might as well not worry about it.

59840Surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 Stroker to 383 with a 400 crank, Crane Cam, Q-Jet, single 3.5" exhaust..
Yea, the gears available in the aftermarket are color coded but you still need to know what color to buy which means you still need to count teeth on your originals than look up the tooth count by color on the replacement drive/driven gears so you purchase the right set for your vehicle. Also you dont need to stack seals, just replace the old one with a new one then the little retainer on top of the new seal.
MANY times, the tooth count is molded into the casting --- look and see if you can avoid counting teeth several times .... it helps.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
MANY times, the tooth count is molded into the casting --- look and see if you can avoid counting teeth several times .... it helps.
Many times? As in, not ALL THE TIME?

If it takes you several times to count the number of teeth, you're doing something wrong. Take a sharpie, mark one of the teeth then start counting. Stop when you get to the marked tooth. That works all the time.

If the gear is 100% stripped then tooth count indicators can help assuming they arent stripped off as well.

Last edited:

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Could I 3d print my own gear? Probably stupid but it's plastic?
I don't see why not as long as the material you'll be using is sufficiently strong for how it's going to be used and you have the "program" for each gear.

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
i dont seem o be able to find a model for one. assuming i got the rear end size correct.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef