USA1 Industries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If I am restoring a squarebody to keep, it is doubtful I'm going to wait more than a month or two for door panels. If I am restoring a squarebody for resale, I would not use USA1 at all.
I get that they may be nice folks, but good customer service will go along way to preventing threads such as this from living forever on the internet.
Just be plain spoken and post it on the website-"The following products are made in China. You will get them when we get them. 10% down will hold your order (remember layaway anybody?) and we will contact you for the balance once they arrive."
I have owned multiple businesses over the years. Having a whole lot of money on the books and no product to fill the orders over long periods of time is not a good way to run a company and maintain a strong reputation.
I wish the best for them, as we need suppliers for these old trucks, but they need a customer service intervention.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I used to buy from LMC.I ordered a burgundy carpet set that was bright red when I received it.I contacted them,they informed me that that bright red was close enough as far as they were concerned to a burgundy.They sent me a burgundy carpet after that, that was actually burgundy color.I don't order from them any longer.Many companies have duds working for them

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My experience with LMC is just good enough that I will still do business, but buyer beware.
I order a chrome tailgate cap for a 1970 C10. For those who know, the cap runs the width of the tail gate and is square cut on the ends. I received a cap that was about 2/3rds as wide and with curved ends.
There is, IMO, no go to supplier for everything. Some are good at somethings, others are better at other things. And many times, a swap meet buying used OEM will get you a better product.

texarback

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Still waiting. I email once a month for a status and just sent that email. I'm sure it will be the same ole same ole.

Ordered June 27th 2022.

1) 20351D - Sun Visor, Slate blue
2) 16572D - Door Panel, Slate blue
3) 19303D - Door Pocket Bag, Slate blue

What is that? 443 days? Eish.

Edit: they emailed back pretty fast: "There is no accurate ETA at this time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies."

If I cancel, how do I know they are in stock? The website says they are available for purchase right now!

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I am waiting for some items too , I do like the quality of the items I have received like everyone else not thrilled with the wait

texarback

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I had a little bit of hope a few months ago. Someone mentioned getting their door panels and had order a month or two before me.

texarback

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I posted this to another forum but since I'm also complaining over here.... :)

I spoke to Randy this morning. He took about 30 minutes of his time to explain the situation which I truly appreciate.

First, it sounds like the bags and visors will be shipping some time in the next month or so. They received the stock that they needed to begin the build process.

Second, the door panels have issues. For 73-75 years they no longer are able to get the panels from their supplier over seas. So, they have been developing them here and hope to begin manufacturing them in North Carolina; along side all the other door panels for the later year models. The cost will be a little more but sounds like they should be a high quality replication of what came off the factory floor. I'm excited to see what they release. It sounds like they went back and forth on bringing it inhouse as they don't sell near the quantity for those year models. I'm glad they pulled the trigger.

He did say that they are just now beginning to get back to pre Covid supplies. Which is interesting. He didn't mention labor issues but did say that a machine shop in North Carolina that they use for visor parts went out of business. So, while labor may not be an issue, partners may be an issue.

Anyway, if they can communicate like that then I'll keep doing business with them.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size

I spoke to Randy this morning. He took about 30 minutes of his time to explain the situation which I truly appreciate.

First, it sounds like the bags and visors will be shipping some time in the next month or so. They received the stock that they needed to begin the build process.

Second, the door panels have issues. For 73-75 years they no longer are able to get the panels from their supplier over seas. So, they have been developing them here and hope to begin manufacturing them in North Carolina; along side all the other door panels for the later year models. The cost will be a little more but sounds like they should be a high quality replication of what came off the factory floor. I'm excited to see what they release. It sounds like they went back and forth on bringing it inhouse as they don't sell near the quantity for those year models. I'm glad they pulled the trigger.

He did say that they are just now beginning to get back to pre Covid supplies. Which is interesting. He didn't mention labor issues but did say that a machine shop in North Carolina that they use for visor parts went out of business. So, while labor may not be an issue, partners may be an issue.

Anyway, if they can communicate like that then I'll keep doing business with them.
Transparency goes a loooong way with me. Knowing what you just said will make me reconsider my position on never buying from them. They should just put it on their website as a banner and maybe they'd stop being flamed all over the internet.

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I had a little bit of hope a few months ago. Someone mentioned getting their door panels and had order a month or two before me.
That was me. And to be clear, they only shipped mine when they did because I filed a complaint with the North Carolina attorney general's consumer protection division. They were given 10 days to respond. Magically, on the 10th day, they shipped.

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
Well I got an email today saying at least part of my order shipped, guess we’ll see what shows up first.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have gotten 2 partial deliveries of my total order

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size

Ironically, I just met Randy this morning. He was down here picking up some stuff from us and getting the nickel tour. We briefly discussed USA1's reputation right now and he explained all of that as well. Makes complete sense but it certainly would be nice for the customer and benefit their reputation to put that up front on their website. Or at least as a pop-up prior to checkout and the sales team could communicate some of that on the phone as well.

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Makes complete sense but it certainly would be nice for the customer and benefit their reputation to put that up front on their website. Or at least as a pop-up prior to checkout and the sales team could communicate some of that on the phone as well.
Exactly! That would solve all of this. Just be upfront from the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky