Upgrade Tilt Steering Column to more Modern Look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Has anyone ever replaced the tilt steering column components ( shift lever, ignition switch, tilt handle and turn signal to the 90s black hardware.

I have an 84 automatic tilt column and was thinking of redoing the dash a dark grey with black trim and thought that it would look cool if I could change out the steering column hard ware to the newer black stuff too.

I already have a black turn/wiper/cruise lever and grabbed a black tilt lever the other day which has the same threads, so im just wondering if the shift lever and ignition tumbler will swap in also ?

One of these days I have to rebuild the tilt column anyways so thought I could switch the tumbler at that time.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Oh cool. I figured it would but you never know.

I think its a good look to go with a black bezel and trim. Ive got the smaller wheel out of a newer blazer already, that way I don't have to mess with the chrome/aluminum bezel.

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
I will be doing this with my current resto project, I think it all looks better when the key, signal lever and tilt lever is factory black.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I will be doing this with my current resto project, I think it all looks better when the key, signal lever and tilt lever is factory black.

Yes me too. You will probably get yours done long before I even think of getting to this one!

Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get it done.

Also the shift lever knob is a different shape. I don't think it would match the older style wheels very well though. But with a newer or after market wheel I think it would look sharp although I have never seen it done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBSS GUY