Toolbox thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That sounds too fancy. Hell, I'd probably just pull a camper into my big ass garage and it would be my living quarters, lol.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Id just sleep on an old bench seat to have a shop at this point, the single car is out of room

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got my top box in 1975, the bottom a few years later, and the center about 5 years ago. Been thinking about picking up another stack, ran out of room in these years ago. These are in the basement, I have several small boxes and drawers full of tools in the shop.
You must be registered for see images attach

I really need to do some spring cleaning!

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ive had my eye on this at home depot looks good
It's held up well, shows dust really bad, I'm not out in the garage much with it being cold out, but it's a great box

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Got my top box in 1975, the bottom a few years later, and the center about 5 years ago. Been thinking about picking up another stack, ran out of room in these years ago. These are in the basement, I have several small boxes and drawers full of tools in the shop.

I really need to do some spring cleaning!
You top and bottom box are back when the Craftsman quality was real good. Those are better than my first set Tri Tower bought in December of 86.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Here's mine the craftsman was my great grandpas dad and I went through it clean all the slides and new grease handles shined up and of coarse a nice new paintjob

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's mine the craftsman was my great grandpas dad and I went through it clean all the slides and new grease handles shined up and of coarse a nice new paintjob

The last 2 Craftsman boxes I added to my set up are ball bearing slides. So as re organizing, I've put all the stuff that was heavy into the new drawers since the other drawers are NOT ball bearing. But I never thought of that, putting some white lithium grease on the slides of my 30yo boxes would probably make them open and close smoother.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I also just got this box at work and to my surprise i like it the paint seems to be rugged. even with my grinder wheel holders i made the box still closes and locks i like it and got it for a steal with the company discount and as a added bonus it has the city i live near. lol (i know Milwaukee is a power tool brand) (about a month and a half of having it.)

I bought this same box a few years ago when I needed an upgrade, its a nice box, my only complaint is that lid on the 4th drawer, seems to be in the way. May have liked it when i was working on cars and needed to write something down on the invoice but in my garage i have no use for it. I re purposed my old small craftsman roller to serve as a box for welding/fabricating and par of the cart for my welder.

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I bought this same box a few years ago when I needed an upgrade, its a nice box, my only complaint is that lid on the 4th drawer, seems to be in the way. May have liked it when i was working on cars and needed to write something down on the invoice but in my garage i have no use for it. I re purposed my old small craftsman roller to serve as a box for welding/fabricating and par of the cart for my welder.

its been a nice box so far i don't like the lid on the 4th drawer it gets in my way more often than not i think i might try to take it off.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
The last 2 Craftsman boxes I added to my set up are ball bearing slides. So as re organizing, I've put all the stuff that was heavy into the new drawers since the other drawers are NOT ball bearing. But I never thought of that, putting some white lithium grease on the slides of my 30yo boxes would probably make them open and close smoother.
For sure pull the drawer out of the slides and brake clean or my method gas and clean all the old carp out and fresh lithium the slide almost as well as a roller rolls made it feel like a new box

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
For sure pull the drawer out of the slides and brake clean or my method gas and clean all the old carp out and fresh lithium the slide almost as well as a roller rolls made it feel like a new box
For sure, I'm gonna do it. Thanks for the heads up. I never thought about that. Mine aren't bad at all except in the heavy drawers but I rectified that by moving the heavy stuff, like my air tool drawer to the new box with roller slides. Even though the non roller slides aren't bad, I know they can be better after 30 years of acummulating debris and no grease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84