What's in your toolbox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'm a tool lover and love seeing everyone's collections, messy or neat.
Home or work or both
Let's see them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roger97338

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Work tools

It just so happens I have some photos of my work tool box's contents. I took the pix a few years ago for insurance purposes, in case there was a theft or accident that damaged them.

Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/ugb2D

edit: added individual images.

edit 2: added photo of toolbox next to CNC lathe at work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
one of my favorite tools is this doohicky. I should probably find out what it's called. Cool thing about it is the shaft/end can be rotated. Very handy running wire thru the firewall.

Attachments

• IMAG0561.jpg
    IMAG0561.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 219

roger97338

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
one of my favorite tools is this doohicky. I should probably find out what it's called. Cool thing about it is the shaft/end can be rotated. Very handy running wire thru the firewall.

That's not only cool and useful, it's unique in a garage. It's called an Atraumatic Grasping forcep. It's used in laparoscopic surgery, so what you use it for is the car equivalent of what surgeons use it for. :) They're also fairly expensive new. However you got it, great catch!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Thanks, we always tear down anything promising (going scrap or just getting tossed) for parts, tools etc.

roger97338

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks, we always tear down anything promising (going scrap or just getting tossed) for parts, tools etc.

I enjoy digging around in things that are getting tossed out also. I'm amazed by what some people consider trash. I guess if they saw me excited to find something they threw out, they'd think I was low-class, uneducated, hillbilly scum.

I have news for them... I'm not scum!

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I enjoy digging around in things that are getting tossed out also. I'm amazed by what some people consider trash. I guess if they saw me excited to find something they threw out, they'd think I was low-class, uneducated, hillbilly scum.

That's because most of them don't have a clue what they're throwing out, I do the same and laugh as I walk away, they look at me like WTF and I just keep on laughing, lol..

atb450

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Just purchased this after my 10+ year old impacts trigger stuck wide open no matter how much I pounded it on the concrete to loosen it lol
This new one has really good reviews and is supposed to have 1300 ft lbs of torque

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 187

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

LOL the maintenance guys at work thought the same thing about me for years. Until I told them what I've done with some of the stuff they throw out. Now any time I ask if they are going to throw "it" out, they ask me why what are you going to do with it.

A good thing to get is the magnets out of old hard drives. I keep a few on the the front of my carts at home and at work. You drop that screw in a hard to get place, tape a magnet to something long and retrieve it. Poor mans magnet stick.

Anyway, back to tools. I ordered some long Philips screwdrivers for us in the shop. The link below is 16". I think ours are longer though. Well worth the money when you need that reach.

http://www.sears.com/gearwrench-2-x-16inch-long-phillips-head-screwdriver/p-00991387000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=17&blockNo=17&blockType=G17

It's craftsman for what it's worth.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/20/sears-still-has-plenty-of-levers-to-pull-to-avoid-bankruptcy-.html

Last edited:

roger97338

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's because most of them don't have a clue what they're throwing out, I do the same and laugh as I walk away, they look at me like WTF and I just keep on laughing, lol..

I have to admit, though, that I have, indeed, taken some things home from the dumpster that would have been better off left there. Like the scarily unsafe ladder, or the extension cord that had many welding burns on it and would sometimes trip the circuit breaker because the wires finally touched. And the entertainment center that was only about 80% complete.

Some days are just like that I guess.

roger97338

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A good thing to get is the magnets out of old hard drives. I keep a few on the the front of my carts at home and at work. You drop that screw in a hard to get place, tape a magnet to something long and retrieve it. Poor mans magnet stick.

That's funny, because I don't remember having a hard drive fail that I HAVEN'T torn apart. I've also kept a few of the HD cases, platters, spindles and a few internal parts because a lot of people have no idea how a hard drive does what it does. (I worked in a Gateway Computer store in the service department for a while.)

I also can't pass by scrapped speakers without trying to get the magnets. Many end up broken though.

On the subject of Sears' financial problems, I have some very old Montgomery Wards sockets that remind me that big name corporations go under all the time. Snap-On, Time-Warner, Boeing...some day all of them will be nothing but history.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have to admit, though, that I have, indeed, taken some things home from the dumpster that would have been better off left there. Like the scarily unsafe ladder, or the extension cord that had many welding burns on it and would sometimes trip the circuit breaker because the wires finally touched. And the entertainment center that was only about 80% complete.

Some days are just like that I guess.
I hear that, never know though I've brought stuff home before that I questioned why, but a clean up and a quick repair and bingo a fully functional part, lol..

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I hear that, never know though I've brought stuff home before that I questioned why, but a clean up and a quick repair and bingo a fully functional part, lol..

Of flip it for a quick buck.....

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
That's funny, because I don't remember having a hard drive fail that I HAVEN'T torn apart. I've also kept a few of the HD cases, platters, spindles and a few internal parts because a lot of people have no idea how a hard drive does what it does. (I worked in a Gateway Computer store in the service department for a while.)

I also can't pass by scrapped speakers without trying to get the magnets. Many end up broken though.

On the subject of Sears' financial problems, I have some very old Montgomery Wards sockets that remind me that big name corporations go under all the time. Snap-On, Time-Warner, Boeing...some day all of them will be nothing but history.

Funny you mention MW, we received a small catalog from them a few months ago. I thought no way .... seriously....they are still in business!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakebr8k