Toolbox thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I bought this same box a few years ago when I needed an upgrade, its a nice box, my only complaint is that lid on the 4th drawer, seems to be in the way. May have liked it when i was working on cars and needed to write something down on the invoice but in my garage i have no use for it. I re purposed my old small craftsman roller to serve as a box for welding/fabricating and par of the cart for my welder.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's a great idea for a welding cart!

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
My harbor freight welding cart, I cannibalized an old welding cart the Hobart was on to make this one, I plan to make a 20' extension cord so it'll reach anywhere in the garage

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

especially since I got the bottom box for free someone was throwing it out, and carts with boxes and drawers were smaller and cost over $100

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
That looks like it was made for something very specific like a puller set. Of course it could be for conventional hand tools and just keep them very well organized. Any idea exactly what it's intended for?

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It came with a basic 90 piece tool set. I bought it, needs to be repainted back to the original gray hammertone paint. I have most of the tools that it originally came with, should look pretty cool in my basement workshop.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/tls/d/craftsman-tool-storage/6555326636.html
I've never seen one of these before, I'm kind of tempted to buy it. Guessing it's probably from the 50's or 60's?
I had something just a little bit similar to that, in fact 2 of them matching, but much deeper. They were for Tune Up parts storage. Plugs, Caps, Rotors, Points and things of that nature. They had Standard Ignition Parts logos painted on the front doors.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I had something just a little bit similar to that, in fact 2 of them matching, but much deeper. They were for Tune Up parts storage. Plugs, Caps, Rotors, Points and things of that nature. They had Standard Ignition Parts logos painted on the front doors.
Yeah, I've seen those, wouldn't mind finding one cheap. I have one that says Kent on it, I think they sell body shop supplies since I got it from a Bodyman.

I just think this one is pretty neat since it is probably as old as I am. Almost bought a 50's-60's Craftsman bandsaw and drill press a couple of years ago, even though I have both, unfortunatly I had to leave the auction and go to work before they sold. I thought the old hammertone and machine turned aluminum tools looked pretty neat, plus they were all metal, not the plastic crap everything is made of nowdays.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
It came with a basic 90 piece tool set. I bought it, needs to be repainted back to the original gray hammertone paint. I have most of the tools that it originally came with, should look pretty cool in my basement workshop.

Very cool. I'd love to see some pics when you get it all fixed up.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm sure I've asked this question here, but why is when a man gets his wife a vacuum cleaner, a pressure cooker, dishwasher or some tool to make her chores easier they flip ****, but get a man a tool so he can rotate her tires, change her oil, hang a sheet of drywall in the house, we act like it's Christmas morning??? Maybe @Cuba or @ChevroletChic3318 would be willing to answer that for us??? When I was married I made sure my wife had every tool under the sun and the best of the best too, and she didn't appreciate it a bit. Of course she rarely used the **** either. I usually did, or the kids.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224