The Quest for the Last Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Well everybody, i got my Cold Case and started the swap. Everything is good, fits right, had a few issues:

-all of my rubber mounts are worn and the radiator shakes in place, i ordered new ones
-i went to replace a bloated hose that connects the water pump to the intake and my new hose is kinked since it's at a bit of an angle. hose is only like 3 inches long. don't know if i should screw with it more or if it'll unkink when it gets coolant and pressure in it
-my lower radiator port on the new one is 2" instead of 1.5" ONLY DIFFERENCE. So i can't use my old hose and all of my parts stores want to sell me a 1.5" hose.

Any idea where i can get my specific hose with 2"????

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Let me share a little logic that helped me feel better about dealing with auto parts store employees. It took me a long time to come to grip with the fact that auto parts store employees are no longer helpful, they used to have knowledge about what they were selling, not any more.

Most businesses have been dumbed down so they can hire minimum wage employees, now these businesses have "cashiers". The only skill they have is helping you look up the part number and going in the back to pull part off shelf, then ringing up your order.

It became obvious to me when one day I was trying to buy auto parts and I caught myself asking a teenage girl (employee) (not that the boys do any better) something about auto parts. That was the last time I made that mistake. When I need quality auto parts, I go to Napa or Summit racing, where they actually have employees that can do more than just use a cash register.

We are not this naive when we go to the grocery store, are we? Do we believe the grocery store cashier has knowledge about all the products in the store, no we don't. Why do we want so much to believe that parts store cashiers have knowledge? (old habits?) I very much want to believe, BUT I know better now.
how dare you accuse advanced auto near me of being able to handle a part number

"I need spark plug, 41-101."
"what vehicle"
"no, part number, 41-101, its an ac delco"
"but... what vehi-"
[coworker intervened by grabbing a box because they are on a shelf by them and I said the number and brand lol]
"I only need 3 thanks pays "

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Well everybody, i got my Cold Case and started the swap. Everything is good, fits right, had a few issues:

-all of my rubber mounts are worn and the radiator shakes in place, i ordered new ones
-i went to replace a bloated hose that connects the water pump to the intake and my new hose is kinked since it's at a bit of an angle. hose is only like 3 inches long. don't know if i should screw with it more or if it'll unkink when it gets coolant and pressure in it
-my lower radiator port on the new one is 2" instead of 1.5" ONLY DIFFERENCE. So i can't use my old hose and all of my parts stores want to sell me a 1.5" hose.

Any idea where i can get my specific hose with 2"????

is that short run a pressurized coolant flow passage or does is it designed to be a shortcut for coolant or something? Basically if youre not flowing through it I wouldnt count on it working

you can often find these at the auto store ive seen gates ones and napa ones, ac delco ones

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
is that short run a pressurized coolant flow passage or does is it designed to be a shortcut for coolant or something? Basically if youre not flowing through it I wouldnt count on it working

you can often find these at the auto store ive seen gates ones and napa ones, ac delco ones

wow that's really handy. i may have to get something like this.

i had played around with that hose and got it to where i liked it. still bent a little bit but plenty of room for coolant to go through. haven't had any problems running it in the last week

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave